Quitting is the best thing you’ll do

Comments

• TheMightyBee
    3953 posts National Call-Up
    Fab wrote: »
    Dave2791 wrote: »
    Would like to see earoger give a comment here. What does EA think about the game they made not making people happy or at least have some fun?
    I know it's a business, but shouldn't they at least pretend they care

this is a help group for addicts could you please leave the ea people out of it

Funny enough when quizzed by the UK government this is exactly the questions they were asked. What are they doing about addiction and unhealthy lengths of times on the game. They were told they need to take responsibility for the impact on peoples health like the other companies in other industries have. They had no answer haha.

When asked how many hours you need to play to qualify for tournaments they brushed over having to play the WL league like it was some league over time and never said it took 15 hours a weekend!
  • Springveldt
    6354 posts Big Money Move
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    OZero wrote: »
    So you quit three months ago. I assume that’s October. And you got 4m already. At that time.

So the guy comes forward sharing some meaningful things, which are also very accurate imo.

Yet you always will have the odd poster trying to find bs or stuff like that.

OZero, I'm sure you are the type of guy watching every cut scene, losing time from the 65th minute, and having 65% of the ball while shooting 3 times in the game.

What a useless comment it's insane you actually took the time to write that in this thread.

/ rant over.
    Can't really blame @OZero though as in the end, that's all FUT comes down to for most of the people, the coin balance. I'm sure there are addicted people out there that would literally throw their granny off the bus if they got 1 million coins for it. (not saying you would @OZero but I'm sure others would)

EA are fully to blame for the culture they have created around this game and it's not a good one. You have a generation of kids that watch grown men on YouTube being toxic bellends and want to copy them. You have them gambling every last thing they own in game in the hope of getting something decent from a pack.

I quit the game this year, didn't even buy 20 yet I'm still here hoping that they fix the game. It's a very hard addiction to give up. Once you get over that fear of missing out and actually realise how much time this game takes up for so little in game rewards you quickly come to your senses and see you being taken for a complete mug. It's all take, take, take with EA, they never give back to the community unless it's to get them hooked on the next version.

Personally, I hope this game mode dies a death so EA can actually make a decent game again.
  • Springveldt
    6354 posts Big Money Move
    kraid wrote: »
    Very well thought out and written post. Completely agree with the sentiment. Ea have successfully taken a fantastic premise which should honestly be the most fun you can have with the genre, and turned it into the antithesis of fun.

I honestly don’t know anyone that enjoys the game unless you’re playing people worse then you. The only games I enjoy all week are the first 10-15 in wl. Then elo kicks in and I start matching better opponents and the Fun dies. I can’t think of another game like it. This is what leads to such an angry community, no ones having fun! We play the game because we have some strange addiction to it but we don’t enjoy it, so we’re constantly pissed off.

People that play with ‘competitive’ games like fortnight, lol, dota, cod or whatever. When there’s a tournament they will tune in and watch because seeing the best players play that game is exciting. The game played at the highest level by the best players is fun. I can’t think of anything more boring then watching a fifa tournament.

Can’t think of another game where the pro’s are constantly dumping on it, the content creators are complaining about it and the community on the whole detest it. It’s like a drug addiction that’s got to the point that the high is gone, you’re immune to it. You keep taking it because of the addiction but any enjoyment you had is gone.
    Spot on. I'm in my 40's now and I still watch CS:GO on Twitch and actually enjoy watch it. I watched one game of FUT yesterday from the tournament, and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me what a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show. The lad that won on penalties (after a 0-0 draw) had 36% possession and 1 shot at goal in 120 minutes (I think it was 1, may have been 0). Both of them would get to 30 yards from goal and just spin around on the spot with the ball looking to pass it through 8 men while the other just jockeyed left to right with TOTY Kante. Was 15 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Compare that to a final of CS:GO where I can easily sit and watch 2 hours of it and actually be enthralled by it. My wife and kids on the other hand, although they will go to another room to watch TV they know at least I'm not shouting at my monitor like a complete man child about how I didn't even pass the ball that way.
  • rankon.
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    I quit last week, deleted my club and everything. Return here every couple of days to have a gander but very pleased with my decision, and much better stress levels!
  • Roc_Xel
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think the App can also be a contributing factor as it's too easy to get in the market and get addicted.

I only tend to use it now for live Sbcs, but a few years ago I was definitely on it way too much. Found it was increasing tiredness at the very least.

The app is a big factor when you’ve learnt a few trading methods even though some can’t see it. Ive really reduced my time ok the app.

It’s hard to break habits, listing every hour, making sure the trade pile is full. Making sure your fully invested and ready. This forum unfortunately adds to it too. If you’re not on the app, your looking at something else to do with Fifa. The buzz from selling cards is overpowing. You must log on at 6pm or you will miss out.

If you have a family, you find yourself logging on when their back is turned, or you have a couple of minutes when you’ve ran upstairs. You’ll be watching a programme on tv, but in fact, you missed it because you’ve been on your phone the whole time. You’re wife then refuses to tell you what happened. You’ll be out for a meal and log on while waiting for dinner. You’ll go to bed late because you need to get some re-list in. It’s free time but it’s quality time you could spend doing something else. You could be talking. You could be sleeping. It all adds up.

Write it down and see how it looks. It’s not good. You’re trying to squeeze a few minutes in all the time which can affect those around you. Finding the balance is a priority. It’s just a game. It restarts in 1 year

What a fantastic post. Well said.
  • Mc_chigby
    1358 posts Professional
    Not as big as quitting FUT/Fifa altogether but I now quit matches if I feel I'm playing against someone toxic. I know it might be what they want, but end of the day, I feel lots better playing against decent human beings and takes pressure off trying to beat the idiots of the world
  • Revolver_310
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fair play. The last 3 years I've sold the game quicker and quicker due to burnout (April, March and last year was Jan/Feb I got rid) as I've been playing FIFA since World Cup 98, in the hope I'll be refreshed for the next one, yet it doesn't happen. I've been considering getting rid of this one since around Christmas.

The last few years it's just felt like it's the same game every year and then when it is a bit different, they just patch it to make it the same as the previous one.

Just feels like I'm playing the same thing every year now on this. The game is getting progressively worse each year and with each patch, so when things are different, it's quickly patched back to the same borefest it's become to me. I mean you can't even really head the ball this year, how ridiculous is that? In a football game. It's mental.

The game seems like it's stagnated massively in recent years without any decent competition. Something needs to change, but I don't think it will due to how much money it now makes them each year. Why bother changing anything for the better when people will still buy it in their millions regardless? Myself included.
  • Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    Roger. I would seriously like to know if you're sending feedback on this
  • GLAN12
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I can dip in and out of the game , but my team is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ . I can relate to what you’re talking about and thanks for being honest on your original post . Gaming addiction is a real thing .
    This weekend , I really had no fun whatsoever infact I worked a couple of shifts both Friday and Saturday morning and I had a better time at work . I told myself I wouldn’t be playing this week after that , but guess who loaded up the game this evening to complete the Werner SBC and try complete that plea objective lol
  • Arsenalfc93
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have finally done the same thing just done 1.8m on packs and guess who i packed.... no one hahahaha thats me done games awful and it aint going to ever change so back to cod it is

This thread should really be flagged at the top
  • Revolver_310
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have finally done the same thing just done 1.8m on packs and guess who i packed.... no one hahahaha thats me done games awful and it aint going to ever change so back to cod it is

I think I'll be doing the same thing soon. Every year when I'm done with the mode, I sell everything then spend all the coins on packs just to see if I get anything decent, as if I did I'd then carry on playing, yet never do. This year I'll try with some of the most expensive packs, just for the laugh of inevitably packing nothing again.

I need a break from checking for new content every day, or grinding for nothing, playing modes I don't want to play for a pittance of XP that in the end gets you no reward.
  • Arsenalfc93
    They will never change as long as they sell pack which they do
  • Arsenalfc93
    Sick of playing a game where EA are in charge of who wins
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1882 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looks like a lot of people relate to this. Trust me just get rid of it if it’s affecting you. How long can you let EA and their crooked practices have a hold on you? It’s not worth it, you’ll remember that this game is nothing to you. I actually look back and think I was in some kind of whirlwind, completely swept up in all the hype.

Give it a go lads I can guarantee that after a couple of weeks you won’t even want to turn it back on
  • Arsenalfc93
    I stopped around march last year its hard at first but then i completely forgot about the game

Its a vicious circle as always buy the game every year i love football to much lol
  • OfficerJimlahey
    I think the App can also be a contributing factor as it's too easy to get in the market and get addicted.

I only tend to use it now for live Sbcs, but a few years ago I was definitely on it way too much. Found it was increasing tiredness at the very least.

The app is a big factor when you’ve learnt a few trading methods even though some can’t see it. Ive really reduced my time ok the app.

It’s hard to break habits, listing every hour, making sure the trade pile is full. Making sure your fully invested and ready. This forum unfortunately adds to it too. If you’re not on the app, your looking at something else to do with Fifa. The buzz from selling cards is overpowing. You must log on at 6pm or you will miss out.

If you have a family, you find yourself logging on when their back is turned, or you have a couple of minutes when you’ve ran upstairs. You’ll be watching a programme on tv, but in fact, you missed it because you’ve been on your phone the whole time. You’re wife then refuses to tell you what happened. You’ll be out for a meal and log on while waiting for dinner. You’ll go to bed late because you need to get some re-list in. It’s free time but it’s quality time you could spend doing something else. You could be talking. You could be sleeping. It all adds up.

Write it down and see how it looks. It’s not good. You’re trying to squeeze a few minutes in all the time which can affect those around you. Finding the balance is a priority. It’s just a game. It restarts in 1 year

This is a brilliant post. Haven’t kept up to speed with this thread, just reading through it properly now

It’s actually turned in to a good thread, minimal squabbling and just people reflecting on how this game negatively affects them. It’s not far off group therapy 😅

• dazco
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've semi quit.
    I used to play whenever I got the chance, I was never any good but I enjoyed it.

This FIFA though, I realised I was not enjoying it. I was playing games I didn't want to play, SB's, and doing things I didn't want to do, in order to get an Icon card.
    I just stopped myself and said "why are you paying 60 quid for a game then playing elements of it you don't even want to?". And immediately stopped doing it.
    I also realised that I am not enjoying the game that I used to enjoy, Rivals, because it is quite frankly ridiculous.

I am now playing one or two games a day, and that is only because I bought a digital copy and cannot sell it. After this FIFA I will not buy another
  • Arsenalfc93
    I sold team and bought packs so i cant be tempted to go back
  • Excellent post mate. Gave up myself too after realising that Fifa and especially this years iteration, is designed purely to manipulate the mind and trigger your psychological systems into thinking that more is better, in the terms of requiring better players will make you yourself a better player.

That sense is true, but only to a certain extent. Messi is a better winger than Willian, but having one over the other won’t take me from an Elite player to a Top 100. This Fifa is the epitome of anti consumer. Removal of Icon SBC’s, mistakes that are to the detriment of the community, minimal communication on problems, a game that was released that was in no state to be finished. The biggest of them all is my last point. The game on release wasn’t finished, but it was in a better state than it was and is right now. Patched into the meme itself ‘FIFA 19.2’.

The problem is, nothing is ever going to be regulated until the entire community band together and make a stand. Governments getting involved is fantastic, but it’s such a long way to becoming standardised in countries like the UK. Gambling Addiction masquerading by being a card game with no real world value. No YouTuber will make a stand because it’s there job. Rubbish to say but it’s true. You have people like Bateson or Castro who call the game rubbish when playing, but spend thousands upon thousands of pounds every game cycle broadcast to their many young watchers who want the same outcome for themselves, packing that big player. If one YouTuber quit, the masses would just switch to another. They won’t make a stand and sadly, they’re the biggest voice in the community. For goodness sake, there’s an event before each game is released which the only purpose is to open packs. Scum.

The game plays on FOMO. What if Ronaldo retires in a few years? What if Messi loses more pace next game and becomes unplayable? What if Pele is removed and I never get to play with my favourite player? Better spend as much money as humanly possible to get them, especially in the case of Pele. No Icon SBC’s. Ronaldinho in the latest batch of Swaps? By the time you can get it it will be March, but it’s the worst version you can get. TOTS will be two months after and his card will become irrelevant in the meta.

I could literally rant forever, but that’s just a quick collection of my thoughts.

TL;DR: Game messes with your mental health and manipulates you to want to spend money because of FOMO. Every FIFA gets worse, and EA are a garbage company.
  • Airmax6
    441 posts Sunday League Hero

Did the same thing yesterday with +- 1.7 mio coins ! I finally packed a headliner, but guess what, it was from one of the untradeable sbc packs :D Oblak best card, second best card Verratti. Selling players today and repeating the process tonight. Highlight of the night was a 100k pack with 5 cards at 80 or +. 82 being the best, and a sea of 75 76's :')
  • OfficerJimlahey
    Seen a lot of threads of people in disbelief at the state of the game so thought I’d bump this
  • Bayaeraking408
    1142 posts Professional
    Bump thought I was the only one with this issue lol it’s nice to take a brake but when I come back n see nothing as changed it’s madness
  • They Caged Non
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    I left 18 after a month, skipped 19 then bought 20, it’s changed my attitude to the game a lot, I’m far more passive about losing.
  • Burning_Man
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Seen a lot of threads of people in disbelief at the state of the game so thought I’d bump this

Yea glad you did. I needed to join F/A Group (fifa anonymous)im at the point of stopping I need to quit I think 😂 but I’m addicted like it’s straight crack ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and we’re back in the 80’s.
  • Malg
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 2020
    I'm loving the game, this could be because I haven't played for 6 days 😁
  • OfficerJimlahey

Bump thought I was the only one with this issue lol it’s nice to take a brake but when I come back n see nothing as changed it’s madness

I literally don’t even want to turn it on anymore. It’s like Alice through the looking glass! 😂 I’ve seen it’s all an illusion and feel embarrassed for ever getting pulled in to this crap.
    I left 18 after a month, skipped 19 then bought 20, it’s changed my attitude to the game a lot, I’m far more passive about losing.

It’s basically ruined gaming for me, fifa was all I played. I’m convinced that until micro transactions are banned, this game will always be geared towards making this game as commercially acceptable as possible. ie. watering it down and making it random to attract a wider audience

Yea glad you did. I needed to join F/A Group (fifa anonymous)im at the point of stopping I need to quit I think 😂 but I’m addicted like it’s straight crack **** and we’re back in the 80’s.

Mate it’s pure trash. Just don’t play it for a few weeks, get football manager or something to occupy your time until you break the addiction. Then make a list of what you get from playing the game, positive and negative. I guarantee you won’t be back!
  • OfficerJimlahey
    Bump for this weeks batch of unsatisfied customers