The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• james2060
    2961 posts Fans' Favourite
    @BristolMDF We've eventually got Szmodics, how's he been for you lot?
  • DelboyIRA
    390 posts Sunday League Hero
    DelboyIRA wrote: »
    I’m working away at the moment with a lad who likes to drink so not had chance to log on, good thing is that first half tonight can be consigned to my drunken memory and forgotten about.

Buzzing with last 15/20 where we actually showed some fight and relatively pleased we didn’t get hammered tbh.

mate what is your job?

I work in system support , supporting our Supply Chain network, which is basically a posh way of saying im a System admin for a Warehouse Operation. Its pretty boring but i did get a Jaguar F-Pace as a hire car this week which is essentially going to be the highlight of my working year haha.

I thought that You work as social service or something like A help to former alcoholics :neutral:
  • Dizzy Bala
    3842 posts National Call-Up
    Finished the Championship SBC and chose Phillips, Reading was especially painful to complete.
  • WFCBagnall
    78936 posts Moderator
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Finished the Championship SBC and chose Phillips, Reading was especially painful to complete.

Phillips is unreal. I've got him in my main team.

Did it again for Maguire as a sub striker and he's great too.
  • WFCBagnall
    78936 posts Moderator
    Nolan any good @Handy Andy
  • mott1993
    935 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 16
    james2060 wrote: »

He's obviously a good player, but Johnson didn't like including him in the matchday squads. Don't think he had that much of a chance seeing as we signed Palmer after he joined
  • wheelerdeeler
    7389 posts Big Money Move
    But they're still allowed to pay Rooney like 100k a week because of their shirt sponsor.
  • Handy Andy
    5934 posts Big Money Move
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Nolan any good @Handy Andy

Can’t help you I’m afraid, don’t really know anything about him :D think he played for England at youth level so must have some ability though
  • Handy Andy
    5934 posts Big Money Move
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

Sad
  • They Caged Non
    6265 posts Big Money Move
    I’m working away at the moment with a lad who likes to drink so not had chance to log on, good thing is that first half tonight can be consigned to my drunken memory and forgotten about.

Buzzing with last 15/20 where we actually showed some fight and relatively pleased we didn’t get hammered tbh.

mate what is your job?

I work in system support , supporting our Supply Chain network, which is basically a posh way of saying im a System admin for a Warehouse Operation. Its pretty boring but i did get a Jaguar F-Pace as a hire car this week which is essentially going to be the highlight of my working year haha.

I thought that You work as social service or something like A help to former alcoholics :neutral:

Yes, yes, I do haha, I drink all the alcohol so there is none left for the alcoholics:)

Seriously though it’s just the lad I work with loves a few glasses of wine on the evening, whereas if I was on my own I’d probably not bother.
  • They Caged Non
    Retro1989 wrote: »

Unreal, couldn’t happen to a nicer club.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 16
    As I said yesterday. If we're switching to a three, then I'm a fan of this. If he's Joe Bryan's replacement then it's a bit meh.

Just surprised we're actually doing business before Deadline Day though to be fair. Made Cavaleiro permanent, obviously had Hector in the door already and then we've signed Archer and Kongolo today. Still want the two I wanted at the start of the window of a cover Left-Back (suppose that could be Kongolo though) and a starting Right-Back though. At least we don't have to put a Striker in on top of that.

• WFCBagnall
    78936 posts Moderator
    Clarke still wants another 4/5 signings.

We had a fans forum tonight and there were some really interesting points put across.

The main one being our new owner who bought the club in the summer, saying he wants us to be a top end League 1 club within 5 years and by then he might not be here. Weird :D
  • They Caged Non
    Daily Mail reporting they could be deducted 21 points :D
  • wheelerdeeler
    Don’t mind the team today. Harsh to drop Cyrus Christie, but apart from that it’s basically the team I’d play without Mitrovic. Happy that Bobby Reid’s finally getting a go up-front as well.
  • They Caged Non
    @wheelerdeeler you mofo's better catch Leeds up now.. ill buy a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ shirt if you do.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Could/Should have killed that game in the 1st Half. But with that said winning games 1-0 is a good habit to be getting into at this stage of the season. Difference Hector’s made already has been mental.
  • wheelerdeeler
    @wheelerdeeler you mofo's better catch Leeds up now.. ill buy a **** shirt if you do.

Definitely more likely now we actually seem capable of keeping a Clean Sheet and we’ve added Kongolo as well.

Think like every team up at the top this season there’s some pretty obvious ways to get at us still. But with no Mitrovic against you I’ll happily take the win.
  • AaronMFC
    1879 posts Play-Off Hero
    Completely outplayed lucky to lose by 1 but fair enough. Fulham should be walking this division they seemed to click today without mitrovic and if Fulham click they take the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of almost every team in this league.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 18
    Think I said this on here right at the start of the season when I was talking about Parker and him maybe not being able to get the best out of Mitrovic. The signings we made and the way Parker has us set up to where he's basically trying to copy Liverpool with their "inside forwards". Mitrovic doesn't really suit that in that it's fair to say he's not the same type of player as Firmino (but he's so good in this league that you accommodate him any way you can).

So in that sense it wouldn't surprise me if we did "click" in these next couple of weeks with him out and Bobby Reid in that sort of role. Just because it's probably more of what Parker's ideal idea of how to set the team up involves.
  • BristolMDF
    1270 posts Professional
    james2060 wrote: »

Sorry pal on hols and barely been on my phone. Yeah I’ve barely seen anything of him, thought he’d have had more chance considering we have been awful at creating chances all season.
  • Farlz
    8991 posts League Winner
    Leeds are actually bottling it :D
  • BristolMDF
    1270 posts Professional
    LEEDS ARE DOING A LEEDS
  • Lard_Lad
    12737 posts Has That Special Something
    Phillips out for 3 games as well. They’ll miss him.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4251 posts National Call-Up
    We are phenomenal. Winning the league.
  • james2060
    2961 posts Fans' Favourite
    1 goal in 6 and 1 win in 8 in the league, beautiful.The treatment Toney gets from ref's is appalling, constantly fouled but nothing ever given.
  • Hicksy2011
    16956 posts World Class
    Got away with one today very lucky to get the points
    Virtually in the play offs now although the league is potentially about to become a complete mess again in terms of games played for us, going to be 3 games behind Posh this time next week
    On to the FA Cup, as terrible as this season has been in terms of style of play and performances, some lucky draws in the cup and our reserves actually playing well means we are still in promotion contention, and still in 2 cups with very winnable home ties to come next
  • BristolMDF
    1270 posts Professional
    Got to love football twitter

32-A1-CCC9-5-E2-A-4-D38-AE24-B37-F15354-B4-E.png

E2-EA99-A2-AB72-4155-86-AD-7-DD7-AAE0-F245.png
  • wheelerdeeler
    We've just had Tony Khan tweeting "Come on Fulham" at various times today after the Leeds and Brentford results. And all I can think of is that it's a prime candidate for one of the "photos taken moments before disaster" memes.