The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pietu wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Hasn’t he only played like 3 games? But by all means PLEASE take him and all his wages.

He hasn‘t played much because he was injured

I was aware of that and totally unsurprised when it happened.
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain
    Sky have confirmed the Bailly 2 year option being triggered as well.

Players left with expiring contracts:
    Matic (one year option)
    TFM (one year option)
    CBJ
    Grant

Think the club probably let CBJ walk, Grant retires to a coaching role, other two have the options triggered and then get sold for minimal fees like Darmian
  • Sellish
    10024 posts Has That Special Something
    6 month contract :worried:
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain

Not a fan of how the ending unfolded but nonetheless good luck Youngy at Inter!
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anyone else expecting Bruno to pick up an injury tonight!? 🙈😅
  • Apollo
    18479 posts World Class

I'm going to be watching the game hoping he doesn't :sweat_smile:
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Apollo wrote: »

I'm going to be watching the game hoping he doesn't :sweat_smile:

The luck we have had with injuries this year... pray he gets through unscathed.
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain
    edited January 17

Retweeted by Simon Stone :cry:

Sky not backing down.

Someone is gonna end up looking really bad here and my bet is on Sky being that party
  • Apollo
    18479 posts World Class
    What a ball from Bruno there
  • Shshj
    4541 posts National Call-Up
    Sky are hilariously bad when it comes to transfers these days, they've been so wrong with Chelsea news. Gone are the days when their word was gospel, now all they do is make ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up to cause a stir on the socials.
  • Apollo
    18479 posts World Class
    Shshj wrote: »
    Sky are hilariously bad when it comes to transfers these days, they've been so wrong with Chelsea news. Gone are the days when their word was gospel, now all they do is make **** up to cause a stir on the socials.

As far as transfer rumours go, you're absolutely right, they're nowhere near what they were years back, but they would normally be okay on something like this where they're literally stating the deal is done. If that's changed and they're wrong about something as concrete as this, then that's pretty much the end of their remaining transfer credibility imo.
  • Retro_G
    31958 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 17
    You can't trust sky, the other tweet sounds more realistic. Let's not forget that the board wouldn't pay for Maguire when Jose wanted him, how they walked away from Perisic over 5 million.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32906 posts National Team Captain
    Sellish wrote: »
    Maguire isn't even getting 50% of the criticism Victor have gotten.
    If you ask me, they're the same lvl. Maguire is twice the player in the air, Victor is twice the player when it comes to football intelligence.
    But he is english, so instead of replacing him with Tuanzebe we should praise him like he is the best thing that happened to us.

Maguire is good but full of mistakes. He isn't world class but he got his best years infront of him.
    Our back 4 is better then it been for years and can't argue against that. It's all down to Lindelöf improving, the entrance of AWB, Maguire & Williams.
    Maguire seems to be a leader according to everyone in the club and that it was makes him more valuable. Because as a player, he isn't anything special but if he is a leader then he is well needed.

I’m sorry but just no. Lindelof is like a lost puppy without Maguire next to him. Look how bad he was against City the second time. Lindelof has improved from his early season form but he’s still the weakest link in that back 4. Bailly and Tuanzebe both deserve a chance over Lindelof and Maguire.

Fixed
  • Teh Zombz
    4212 posts National Call-Up
    "lindelof a lost puppy without maguire" is the stupidest take so far in the maguire vs lindelof debates
  • yosef167
    856 posts Semi-Pro
    i am watching sporting vs benfica
    i do say bruno will be exactly the player we need in united he seems to worth it.. and will succes
  • Apollo
    18479 posts World Class
    Just as we all finally moved on to talking about other stuff, the Maguire debate comes back up again :D
  • Retro_G
    31958 posts National Team Captain
    yosef167 wrote: »
    i am watching sporting vs benfica
    i do say bruno will be exactly the player we need in united he seems to worth it.. and will succes

Bruno is worth it to us, but the board will haggle as long as possible and try get the cheapest price. I couldn't give a toss if we paid €80, at the end of the day it's the Glazers who benefit from getting deals cheap while the fans suffer. Top 4 could be long gone if we wait until the end of January to sign Bruno.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    "lindelof a lost puppy without maguire" is the stupidest take so far in the maguire vs lindelof debates

Lol. Agreed. That one made me laugh. Honestly just highlights the reactionary some fans are.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Really not getting into another Maguire Lindelof debate. It’s clear what the majority think.
  • Sellish
    Really not getting into another Maguire Lindelof debate. It’s clear what the majority think.

It's 50/50.
    50% believe that Maguire is average and 50% believes he is god.

Lindelöf have been better then Maguire this season performance wise. But Maguire seems to be a important leader.
  • Apollo
    18479 posts World Class
    edited January 17

It's 50/50.

Lindelöf have been better then Maguire this season performance wise. But Maguire seems to be a important leader.

"Believes he is god" - no one says anything close to that level of praise. Come on @Sellish , you're better than that
  • Shshj
    They said Zaha was our top target and that we were willing to break our transfer record for him this month, only for our reliable journalists to say we won't be going near him unless Palace significantly drop their asking price.

They said we were interested in a young CB from a PL rival and a transfer this month was looking likely - that was a couple of weeks ago and there's been absolutely no mention of it from anyone since.

They said both us and United were closing in on Boubakary Soumare only to be completely embarrassed by reliable French journalists the next day, who said he isn't going anywhere this month.

Sky are absolutely rubbish and have been for a while now.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

It's 50/50.

There isn’t a chance you can actually believe that!?
  • Shshj
    Shshj wrote: »
    They said Zaha was our top target and that we were willing to break our transfer record for him this month, only for our reliable journalists to say we won't be going near him unless Palace significantly drop their asking price.

They said we were interested in a young CB from a PL rival and a transfer this month was looking likely - that was a couple of weeks ago and there's been absolutely no mention of it from anyone since.

They said both us and United were closing in on Boubakary Soumare only to be completely embarrassed by reliable French journalists the next day, who said he isn't going anywhere this month.

Sky are absolutely rubbish and have been for a while now.

Oh and how can I forget this nugget :joy:

IMG_20200108_190632.jpg
  • XxRichiexRichxX

It's 50/50.

Probably about as much as you believe Lindelof is a lost puppy without Maguire
  • Sellish

It's 50/50.

"Believes he is god" - no one says anything close to that level of praise. Come on @Sellish , you're better than that

Just hyperbolizing.

It's 50/50.

I actually do. Seen other people believing the same so not just me being biased.
    Both are pretty equal with how many mistakes they made.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

It's 50/50.

Just hyperbolizing.

It's 50/50.

I actually do. Seen other people believing the same so not just me being biased.
    Both are pretty equal with how many mistakes they made.

Honestly the fact that the fan base, not even just hear, is pretty split on opinions on Maguire (and no not all of it is due to the cost) says it all really.

Neither Lindelof or Maguire are good enough for the levels of CB we should be striving to have...again.