The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Apollo
    18520 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    James Maddison remains United’s priority target to play at No10, meaning Fernandes is likely to be deployed as a No8 and pivot alongside Scott McTominay in what would be Solskjaer’s ideal midfield three next season.
    McTominay---Bruno
    Maddison

That'd be a quality midfield 3 if Bruno adapts well to the league and we can actually do a deal for Madders

It works with Grealish too remember, if we can't get Maddison.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32909 posts National Team Captain
    It still wild to me that Fred has been dribbled by 54 times. That’s more than any other player in the squad by quite a margin. Next highest is James with 28.

3rd highest in the league behind Moutinho and Buendia. I know he’s not strictly a CDM, but still has more defensive duty’s than anything really.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Can’t wait to see Pogba, Mctominay, and Fernandes line up this season...feeding Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood.
  • Apollo
    18520 posts World Class
    edited January 17
    Can’t wait to see Pogba, Mctominay, and Fernandes line up this season...feeding Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood.

Agreed. It'll be great in the games where we know we'll have space for James to run into as well, that midfield should be great against most opponents and with any group of our front 3
  • Sellish
    10025 posts Has That Special Something
    Maguire isn't even getting 50% of the criticism Victor have gotten.
    If you ask me, they're the same lvl. Maguire is twice the player in the air, Victor is twice the player when it comes to football intelligence.
    But he is english, so instead of replacing him with Tuanzebe we should praise him like he is the best thing that happened to us.

Maguire is good but full of mistakes. He isn't world class but he got his best years infront of him.
    Our back 4 is better then it been for years and can't argue against that. It's all down to Lindelöf improving, the entrance of AWB, Maguire & Williams.
    Maguire seems to be a leader according to everyone in the club and that it was makes him more valuable. Because as a player, he isn't anything special but if he is a leader then he is well needed.
  • Ahmer50x
    22024 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    James Maddison remains United’s priority target to play at No10, meaning Fernandes is likely to be deployed as a No8 and pivot alongside Scott McTominay in what would be Solskjaer’s ideal midfield three next season.
    McTominay---Bruno
    Maddison

That'd be a quality midfield 3 if Bruno adapts well to the league and we can actually do a deal for Madders

It works with Grealish too remember, if we can't get Maddison.

I mean theoretically, Pogba pays for Maddison.

If Ole prefers Maddison, we should be able to get him.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Also, Bruno plays primarily 10 for Sporting.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see our pursuit for Maddison and/or Grealish cool a bit if Bruno hits the ground running there.
  • Apollo
    18520 posts World Class

I wouldn’t be surprised to see our pursuit for Maddison and/or Grealish cool a bit if Bruno hits the ground running there.

James Robson posted an article today that suggests Bruno's long term future at the club is as an 8 with Maddison/Grealish as a 10, with Bruno only playing at 10 in the short term.
  • Ahmer50x
    22024 posts Club Captain

Whoscored has him playing 11 matches at 10 and 10 matches at 8 this season.

I think it's a manager's call situation and Ole seems to be calling him an 8 long term.

I do think he'll start at 10 this season though given we still have Le Sulk and Andreas is poor
  • Retro_G
    31997 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 17

If we get beat by Liverpool on Sunday, announcing Bruno after the game it would soften the blow.
    Post edited by Retro_G on
  • Sellish

I think it's a manager's call situation and Ole seems to be calling him an 8 long term.

I do think he'll start at 10 this season though given we still have Le Sulk and Andreas is poor

McTominay - Bruno
    Mata

Wouldn't mind something like that against low defence teams.
  • Keano
    15386 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »

If we get beat by Liverpool tomorrow, announcing Bruno after the game would soften the blow.

We play Liverpool on the 19th
  • Sellish

The media pressure is a bit difference there compared to Manchester :D
  • Keano
    15386 posts World Class
    edited January 17
    Sellish wrote: »

The media pressure is a bit difference there compared to Manchester :D

Good luck to him, hope he does well there unless they play us.

• Retro_G
    31997 posts National Team Captain
    Keano wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »

If we get beat by Liverpool tomorrow, announcing Bruno after the game would soften the blow.

We play Liverpool on the 19th

Right you are, mixed up the dates. :D
  • Ahmer50x
    22024 posts Club Captain

That's CB4 sorted for next season then.

Given Smalling, Jones, and Rojo look set to leave, I doubt this is just a "save his value" extension. He'll be here.
  • UM4R
    4287 posts Moderator

Given Smalling, Jones, and Rojo look set to leave, I doubt this is just a "save his value" extension. He'll be here.

Happy with that if he can stay injury free and get back to form he showed in first season. He will easily be our starting cb again
  • Sellish
    UM4R wrote: »

Happy with that if he can stay injury free and get back to form he showed in first season. He will easily be our starting cb again

Our best CB when fit and inform imo. Don't believe he can stay fit but there is always hope.
  • Apollo
    18520 posts World Class

He's incredibly highly thought of from what I've read over recent weeks from people who have seen him play, the club must really agree if we're prepared to spend that much on him. Sounds like a serious talent
  • Alex02
    2919 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »

He's incredibly highly thought of from what I've read over recent weeks from people who have seen him play, the club must really agree if we're prepared to spend that much on him. Sounds like a serious talent
    from various football manager saves can confirm he will be very good
  • Ahmer50x
    22024 posts Club Captain
    UM4R wrote: »

Our best CB when fit and inform imo. Don't believe he can stay fit but there is always hope.

Don't agree with this at all. Think Bailly will be 4th choice. 3rd at best.

Can't see him cracking the starting 11, even if he stays fit for 3 years straight.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 17
    Maguire isn't even getting 50% of the criticism Victor have gotten.
    If you ask me, they're the same lvl. Maguire is twice the player in the air, Victor is twice the player when it comes to football intelligence.
    But he is english, so instead of replacing him with Tuanzebe we should praise him like he is the best thing that happened to us.

Maguire is good but full of mistakes. He isn't world class but he got his best years infront of him.
    Our back 4 is better then it been for years and can't argue against that. It's all down to Lindelöf improving, the entrance of AWB, Maguire & Williams.
    Maguire seems to be a leader according to everyone in the club and that it was makes him more valuable. Because as a player, he isn't anything special but if he is a leader then he is well needed.

I’m sorry but just no. Lindelof is like a lost puppy without Maguire next to him. Look how bad he was against City the second time. Lindelof has improved from his early season form but he’s still the weakest link in that back 4. Bailly and Tuanzebe both deserve a chance next to Maguire.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

McTominay - Bruno
    Mata

Wouldn't mind something like that against low defence teams.

Do agree with this though, Mata has shown his worth against low block teams all season.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also looks like we at least tried for Grealish. Hopefully we get him in the summer for less if and when they get relegated. Can’t blame them for wanting to keep him though.

• Apollo
    18520 posts World Class
    Also looks like we at least tried for Grealish. Hopefully we get him in the summer for less if and when they get relegated. Can’t blame them for wanting to keep him though.

Was just about to post this. I think we'll be back in for him in the summer, they were almost certainly not going to sell in January. I really hope we get him in the summer, big fan of him.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

Hasn’t he only played like 3 games? But by all means PLEASE take him and all his wages.
  • Sellish
  • Pietu
    5968 posts Big Money Move

Hasn’t he only played like 3 games? But by all means PLEASE take him and all his wages.

He hasn‘t played much because he was injured