The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    19190 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    We have a slightly easier game if that’s the case, rashford is their best player atm.

I’m tryna figure out how they’ll line up without him. Martial up top with James Lingard and who supporting is the question

Should be Greenwood, probably will be Andreas or Lingard

Really hoping Greenwood doesn’t start.

He’s a hell of a player :D will be world class imo
  • Pxul_
    9228 posts League Winner
    DJ Lingard/Mata Greenwood
    Martial

If assuming
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rashford will be playing. Just a knock to his back
  • LFC Simon 98
    19190 posts World Class

I was about to go to bed happy but thanks for ruining that
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah 3-1 instead of 3-0. Don’t lose too much sleep 😢
  • Argie8
    6212 posts Big Money Move

I think VVD and Gomez will be fine tbh
  • wth22
    11163 posts Has That Special Something
    Didn't Rashford have a similar knock earlier in the season, was expected to be out a few weeks but still started the next game and was ok thereafter. Think it might have been against Liverpool or some fixture around then.

Maguire was also reported to be out a few weeks but has not even missed the FA Cup replays.
  • Pietu
    5963 posts Big Money Move
    We are sciencing the league!

Also, Trent would get wasted as a midfielder if we continue like this, he should stay as a RB.

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-transfer-news-jurgen-klopp-17569689
  • Pietu
    Did you guys know this. The Champions League trophy that United have for winning it in 99 is a replica, while the real trophy is in our trophy room :lol:

Didn't know about it until now.
  • Pietu
  • Alemas_2012
    16932 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »

Hey Alemas_2012 Is this guy reliable?

Nah, the guy's trash.
    On the lowest level of basically all reliability tier lists.
  • Pietu

Hey Alemas_2012 Is this guy reliable?

Nah, the guy's trash.
    On the lowest level of basically all reliability tier lists.

Ffs :joy:
  • Argie8
    Did you guys know this. The Champions League trophy that United have for winning it in 99 is a replica, while the real trophy is in our trophy room :lol:

Everyone has replicas lol yes
  • Pietu
    Argie8 wrote: »

But we have the original, that was my point
  • Argie8

Yes as we are the current holders haha. We will lose it if someone else wins the champions league this season. Isn’t that exactly the same with every trophy? Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying and you’re just taking a jab at United lol
  • Wyojasond
    13332 posts Has That Special Something

Yes as we are the current holders haha. We will lose it if someone else wins the champions league this season. Isn’t that exactly the same with every trophy? Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying and you’re just taking a jab at United lol

I think Liverpool do have the last original trophy, but I didn’t think we got it til after the 05 CL win.
  • Pietu

"Per UEFA rules, until 2009, a team winning the European Cup/Champions League was allowed to hold the trophy they lifted for around ten months, after which they had to be returned to UEFA. The club was instead rewarded a replica to display in their museum for future generations.

The only teams that could hold the original trophy forever would have to either win the competition thrice in a row, or win it for a total of five times."

We were the last team to win 5 under that rule so we have the original trophy, we have their biggest achievement ;)
  • Wyojasond
    edited January 16
    To find the reason why, you have to look at the rulebook and flick to article 11.1, which states UEFA keep the trophy for all official ceremonies and other events approved by the federation but the successful team get a full-sizes replica. The same stands for the Europa League, the Euros and the World Cup.

It was agreed that between 1969 and 2009, regardless of winning it five times in total or three in a row, the club don't get to keep the original.

Real Madrid have one original trophy in their cabinet, which they got to keep in 1967 after their sixth win. Ajax (1973), Bayern (1976), Milan (1994) and Liverpool (2005) all qualified to keep the original but the rule had been passed to prevent clubs from keeping it.

In its place, UEFA give clubs that are successful on five occasions in the competition a patch to show off their achievement. At the moment, Real Madrid (12), Milan (7) and Barcelona, Bayern and Liverpool (5) all display one of these badges.

(This article was from 2018, hence why it says Liverpool 5 😉)
  • Argie8
    edited January 16

"Per UEFA rules, until 2009, a team winning the European Cup/Champions League was allowed to hold the trophy they lifted for around ten months, after which they had to be returned to UEFA. The club was instead rewarded a replica to display in their museum for future generations.

The only teams that could hold the original trophy forever would have to either win the competition thrice in a row, or win it for a total of five times."

We were the last team to win 5 under that rule so we have the original trophy, we have their biggest achievement ;)

thats news to me!! quite funny really
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15915 posts World Class
    Tancredi the Italian indykaila 😂
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 16

You don’t have the ‘original’ trophy. Madrid do. But you do you 😅

Let us know when you win the treble
  • Wyojasond

😂 this meltdown you and Retro are on is so fun to watch. I was wondering which of you United boys would crack first 😂
  • Pietu

Let us know when you win it 6 times ;)
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

I mean if it wasn’t for the Munich air disaster we no doubt would have but hey we have 3 of them.

As opposed to a treble which you have never achieved.
  • Pietu

I mean if it wasn’t for the Munich air disaster we no doubt would have but hey we have 3 of them.

We don't know that and that's a fact.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

As is this.
  • Pietu

As is this.

Yes it is.
  • ChrisLFC
    7301 posts Big Money Move

No in 2005 we got the actually trophy instead of a replica as a result of winning 5 CLs.