• Salty P3anut
    10858 posts Has That Special Something
    Jackadinho wrote: »
    Playing Draft and this Prime Zidane is beautiful

I’ve always felt he’s a bit clunky when using him
  • Orison
    56170 posts National Treasure
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    I love a ball roll 50 yards out from goal with no other player within 5 yards of the player to then proceed to go backwards.

Fantastic 👏

This.

The amount of people that do unecessary ball rolls and drag backs is unbelievable. I don’t follow any youtubers but I assume they insist this is the meta.

There are very few unnecessary ball rolls tbf. Same goes for drag backs.

Just the best way to create better passing angles and/or wait for opportunities to attack.
  • RoosGianni
    4106 posts National Call-Up
    I use ball rolls to get by the keeper. Always works if they rush out the keeper and it's an easy goal.
  • RBailss
    14059 posts Has That Special Something
    Is the Essien that's in swaps the Prime yeah?
  • RoosGianni
    RBailss wrote: »
    Is the Essien that's in swaps the Prime yeah?

Yes
  • Cantonas Collar
    1744 posts Play-Off Hero
    Orison wrote: »
    I love a ball roll 50 yards out from goal with no other player within 5 yards of the player to then proceed to go backwards.

Fantastic 👏

This.

The amount of people that do unecessary ball rolls and drag backs is unbelievable. I don’t follow any youtubers but I assume they insist this is the meta.

Just the best way to create better passing angles and/or wait for opportunities to attack.

I dunno I see plenty of players doing them when none of my players are anywhere near them.
  • Mc_chigby
    1196 posts Professional

Fantastic 👏

This.

If like me you can win without doing any drag backs or ball rolls then it proves its unnecessary. Of course if going for Elite or higher then I would imagine skill that you need to learn, but seeing as I only play an average of 11-14 WL games every now and again, Ive got by fine
  • Dan is Clutch
    28946 posts Player of the Year
    I rarely play good players @Orison :joy: Don't play past 14 in WL (didn't play past 1 win last weekend :joy: ) and don't play in any high divisions in rivals.
  • Orison
    Mc_chigby wrote: »

Fantastic 👏

This.

If like me you can win without doing any drag backs or ball rolls then it proves its unnecessary. Of course if going for Elite or higher then I would imagine skill that you need to learn, but seeing as I only play an average of 11-14 WL games every now and again, Ive got by fine

Just because you avoid all decent opponents doesn't mean the skills are unnecessary in general :trollface:
  • Dan is Clutch
    28946 posts Player of the Year
    I only use ball rolls to go past the GK in 1v1's because it's just a guaranteed goal.
  • Orison
    I rarely play good players @Orison :joy: Don't play past 14 in WL (didn't play past 1 win last weekend :joy: ) and don't play in any high divisions in rivals.

@Dan is Clutch why you hating on me ball rolls then :( gotta sweat it out at 2k skillrating.
  • Mc_chigby
    1196 posts Professional

Fantastic 👏

This.

Just because you avoid all decent opponents doesn't mean the skills are unnecessary in general :trollface:

Lol I'm perfectly happy playing the other 95% of the player base that either doesn't use ball rolls etc or has no idea on how to use them effectively!
  • Orison

Fantastic 👏

This.

Lol I'm perfectly happy playing the other 95% of the player base that either doesn't use ball rolls etc or has no idea on how to use them effectively!

Which is fine. But then there is no point on either hating on the other 5% or calling these skills unnecessary. Because for the other 5% they are necessary and for those 95% they would be useful if they bothered learning the game.
  • WFCBagnall
    79792 posts Moderator
    I rarely play good players, Don't play past 14 in WL

Same as @Orison tbf
  • Mc_chigby
    1196 posts Professional

Fantastic 👏

This.

Which is fine. But then there is no point on either hating on the other 5% or calling these skills unnecessary. Because for the other 5% they are necessary and for those 95% they would be useful if they bothered learning the game.

Woah, don't bite my head off! Look what I put before, I said its probably a skill you would need to learn for Elite or higher. Not hating on people who can do it well at all.

As others have noted, the other 95% will do drag backs and ball roles in no mans land, for no reason at all. They are the unnecessary drag backs we are talking about.
  • Pietu
    7245 posts Big Money Move

Fantastic 👏

This.

What if they don’t want to learn the game to the ultimate sweatlord level? What if they want to have fun playing and not sweating it out? That's so much better than sweating it out, so much more fun and that's what gaming should be, fun.
  • BcfcDale88
    6193 posts Big Money Move
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    People who abuse **** like that are what make the game unenjoyable to play.

100% those players that just spam either of them. Drag back into ball roll back into drag back then a little pass behind your defence.

Question for you all how do you defend against that sort of stuff on the edge of your box I’m so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at it
  • RoosGianni
    edited January 15
    I’ll take ballrolls and dragbacks all day over LB Y Kai Havertz 30m green timed volleys and El Tornado backpost spaceball headers with TOTY CR7 and El Croqueta spam.

Every year something else will be ‘broken’ or ‘OP’. It’s still a videogame after all.
  • Mc_chigby
    1196 posts Professional
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »

100% those players that just spam either of them. Drag back into ball roll back into drag back then a little pass behind your defence.

Question for you all how do you defend against that sort of stuff on the edge of your box I’m so **** at it

People who spam that stuff usually only want to attack a certain way. You just need to assume they always want to cut inside. I usually position my defender just behind the attacker to cut out the drag back. If they are a good player they will then use the space on the outside. But most of the time they are stubborn and will keep trying the same thing
  • Pietu
    RoosGianni wrote: »
    I’ll take ballrolls and dragbacks all day over LB Y Kai Havertz 30m green timed volleys and El Tornado backpost spaceball headers with TOTY CR7 and El Croqueta spam.

Yeah same
  • Orison
    Pietu wrote: »

Fantastic 👏

This.

What if they don’t want to learn the game to the ultimate sweatlord level? What if they want to have fun playing and not sweating it out? That's so much better than sweating it out, so much more fun and that's what gaming should be, fun.

It's what gaming should be. It's not what fifa 20 is. WL is all about smashing people worse than you as efficiently as possible. In rivals you have 2 choices, either play at your skilllevel, then every game is a grind or drop down to have "chilled" games and basically ruin the experience for others which kinda makes you a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Pietu

Fantastic 👏

This.

It's what gaming should be. It's not what fifa 20 is. WL is all about smashing people worse than you as efficiently as possible. In rivals you have 2 choices, either play at your skilllevel, then every game is a grind or drop down to have "chilled" games and basically ruin the experience for others which kinda makes you a ****.

I haven't played WL yet this Fifa but I've heard, it's not as bad as Rivals, is that correct?
  • Orison

Same as @Orison tbf

My golden goat laughs at that statement.
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »

Question for you all how do you defend against that sort of stuff on the edge of your box I’m so **** at it

People who spam that stuff usually only want to attack a certain way. You just need to assume they always want to cut inside. I usually position my defender just behind the attacker to cut out the drag back. If they are a good player they will then use the space on the outside. But most of the time they are stubborn and will keep trying the same thing

Just played another rivals game, this is about the fastest attack I can manage, solid 25secs :joy: Ball rolls, drag backs, all in, all useful
    QWDXZWo.gif
  • iSptmnky
    8204 posts League Winner
    All of a sudden I miss the TOTY pull posts reading the current discussion.
  • Orison
    edited January 15

Fantastic 👏

This.

It's what gaming should be. It's not what fifa 20 is. WL is all about smashing people worse than you as efficiently as possible. In rivals you have 2 choices, either play at your skilllevel, then every game is a grind or drop down to have "chilled" games and basically ruin the experience for others which kinda makes you a ****.

I haven't played WL yet this Fifa but I've heard, it's not as bad as Rivals, is that correct?

Depends on your skillrating I guess. But yeah if you aren't a terrible player then the first 10-15 games should be much more chilled than rivals. Once you reach +10 form it becomes a sweat fest. And on +15 form it becomes a war zone, my team is called "This is War" for a reason :trollface:
  • WFCBagnall
    79792 posts Moderator

Same as @Orison tbf

My golden goat grins back too.
  • Orison

Same as @Orison tbf

My golden goat grins back too.

Lets go dad.
  • Pietu

Fantastic 👏

This.

Depends on your skillrating I guess. But yeah if you aren't a terrible player then the first 10-15 games should be much more chilled than rivals. Once you reach +10 form it becomes a sweat fest. And on +15 form it becomes a war zone, my team is called "This is War" for a reason :trollface:

Talking about war, Battlefield 1, what a game!

I have been in Div 3 this Fifa but I’m currently not so I wouldn’t say I'm terrible.