The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fifa 20 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• CraigyBoy21
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Warrrap wrote: »
    Any of the Icon LB’s worth it getting?

Zambrotta

Was the one I was looking at to be fair 👍🏻
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class

Zambrotta

He was very good when I used him. I may even go back to him even with FUTMAS Mendy there right now.
  • Mighty-TrIstan
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    xFATAL wrote: »
    I reckon if Future stars are as good as last year the market will drop again, I bought a team during the lowest Toty prices sold for profit and I am hoping to buy a team again on Friday for decent prices. I think alot of players dont have coins liquid as they have a team or spent them on upgrades so will quickly look to liquidate on Friday if they put out a future star loading screen and a team with the likes of Felix and Tonalli is announced.

I think Icons will be safe but I can see the TOTY players dropping alot, They're too high IMO and hype will die off with Future stars so I've opted to wait on TOTY and just buy Icons for my team this week.

People seem to not understand that prices of high-end Icons and TOTY are correlated. If the TOTYs go down, the Icons will go too, and the same will happen if they increase.

The Icons have a bit of an advantage being rarer and able to link hybrids but the TOTYs have no other supply the entire year and that balances things. For example, if TOTY Kante goes up, Vieira 88 will go up, and viceversa. People will choose between them depending on prices until there is a balance (which seems to have been achieved for these two cards at approx 600k difference in Kante's favour). The same can be said across most of the TOTY and correlated high end icons.

Another example is TOTY Mane and Prime Ronaldinho where clearly Prime Ronaldinho is overprice due to the Primes only going in packs recently. But when the market will balance, there will be a similar 600k-800k, maybe a million, constant difference between him and TOTY Mane.

That's my theory, might be proven wrong but I think it makes sense at this time.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23851 posts Club Captain
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Zambrotta

He was very good when I used him. I may even go back to him even with FUTMAS Mendy there right now.

Having Mendy and base Zambrotta at RB is so nice. Chase down and plow through attackers :naughty:
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class

Zambrotta

Having Mendy and base Zambrotta at RB is so nice. Chase down and plow through attackers :naughty:

I’ve got Mendy and Prime Zanetti 😎

Zanetti is a different gravy. Mendy I’m not too high on. Don’t get the hype really.

• ORANGEeffect05
    23851 posts Club Captain

Zambrotta

Zanetti is a different gravy. Mendy I’m not too high on. Don’t get the hype really.

Mendy is fantastic for me and Zambrotta is very similar. 4*/5* at fullback is such a luxury. Pace and power to deal with most wide threats and drive forward.
  • CraigyBoy21
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cheers chaps! 87 Zambrotta it is! 👍🏻
  • BaseCamp
    1468 posts Professional
    @Mighty-TrIstan the supply for one week of totys is higher tthan high end icons after 6 months.
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class

Zambrotta

Mendy is fantastic for me and Zambrotta is very similar. 4*/5* at fullback is such a luxury. Pace and power to deal with most wide threats and drive forward.

Mendy has a 5* weakfoot supposedly but honest to God he passes every pass with his left foot, have you noticed this? I also noticed with Zidane he favors a bit more than slightly his right foot. So far Kevin De Bruyne is the only true two footed card I’ve used.

• Blackbird10
    1020 posts Professional
    Anyone used Prime Lineker? Debating taking him from swaps. 3* skills doesn't bother me.
  • AjaxLegends
    3163 posts National Call-Up
    Would it work to swap 90 Capita and 85 Gomez around? So Gomez would play right back and Capita next to Maldini in the centre.
  • Finesse_4days
    9084 posts League Winner
    edited January 14
    I reckon if Future stars are as good as last year the market will drop again, I bought a team during the lowest Toty prices sold for profit and I am hoping to buy a team again on Friday for decent prices. I think alot of players dont have coins liquid as they have a team or spent them on upgrades so will quickly look to liquidate on Friday if they put out a future star loading screen and a team with the likes of Felix and Tonalli is announced.

I think Icons will be safe but I can see the TOTY players dropping alot, They're too high IMO and hype will die off with Future stars so I've opted to wait on TOTY and just buy Icons for my team this week.

I agree with that ,like to add that mid range icons like Nedved 89 and 87 Des, Prime Veron ect will likely drop quite abit just your Eusebios and 90 Gullits and Cruyff should be fairly stable. So many people are using Toty cards now that I can defo see a good reduction on them come Friday, can rememeber Toty Mbappe dropping about 200k + last year about a week later.
  • Finesse_4days
    9084 posts League Winner

People seem to not understand that prices of high-end Icons and TOTY are correlated. If the TOTYs go down, the Icons will go too, and the same will happen if they increase.

The Icons have a bit of an advantage being rarer and able to link hybrids but the TOTYs have no other supply the entire year and that balances things. For example, if TOTY Kante goes up, Vieira 88 will go up, and viceversa. People will choose between them depending on prices until there is a balance (which seems to have been achieved for these two cards at approx 600k difference in Kante's favour). The same can be said across most of the TOTY and correlated high end icons.

Another example is TOTY Mane and Prime Ronaldinho where clearly Prime Ronaldinho is overprice due to the Primes only going in packs recently. But when the market will balance, there will be a similar 600k-800k, maybe a million, constant difference between him and TOTY Mane.

That's my theory, might be proven wrong but I think it makes sense at this time.

Understand that and it is true to an extent, but Totys have relatively high supply and very high demand right now, when the demand /hype drops the prices will drop quite abit where as nobody compares to a Gullit or R9 so they will stay high. Mid range icons are due a drop as they rose so much after halfway through last week.
  • James Libby
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 14
    Post edited by James Libby on
  • xFATAL
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    Fresh Eusebio up on PS4 lowest BIN

Understand that and it is true to an extent, but Totys have relatively high supply and very high demand right now, when the demand /hype drops the prices will drop quite abit where as nobody compares to a Gullit or R9 so they will stay high. Mid range icons are due a drop as they rose so much after halfway through last week.

Yeah, it's all about the supply but also have to keep in mind Prime Moments are just around the corner and because of the threat of that I think it will keep icon prices reasonable. As for TOTY I remember last year when Future stars released a flood of TOTY cards hitting the market because all people wanted was cards in the new promo.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15905 posts World Class
    Is left back Zambrotta better than base Bobby Carlos?
  • Chappy
    3377 posts National Call-Up
    Is left back Zambrotta better than base Bobby Carlos?

Wondering this myself. Zambrotta received high praise up above.
  • killer xavi
    2916 posts National Call-Up
    Reus wrote: »
    @Reus how you finding Gerrard and Koeman partnership?

Gerrard was too clunky on the ball so have sold him

He was excellent in smooth gameplay but when it got sluggish he kept getting dispossessed

Do you still have Koeman? Who you got him paired with? I played 4222 Koeman and Paulinho both were excellent but found them a bit too high up the pitch at times.

My suggestion, as I run a 4222, you have to run 2 very defensive midfielders. Your players need to win the ball and distribute, that’s all. Well for me at least that’s how I want it. Win the ball then you have to move the ball a lot to the wings, take space. No option, come back to the CDMs, go the other way. Usually the STs in the formation find these pockets of space in the middle so you can driven pass to them. Very effective @Pepe Le DiLzZ

I had 85 Blanc in the middle with Kante last time and Blanc would always push up and leave the middle exposed. My previous partnership when I hit Elite was Kante-Fabinho. Win balls and distribute. That’s how I see it now and I tend not not use any attack minded player there anymore because of that
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15905 posts World Class

He was excellent in smooth gameplay but when it got sluggish he kept getting dispossessed

Do you still have Koeman? Who you got him paired with? I played 4222 Koeman and Paulinho both were excellent but found them a bit too high up the pitch at times.

My suggestion, as I run a 4222, you have to run 2 very defensive midfielders. Your players need to win the ball and distribute, that’s all. Well for me at least that’s how I want it. Win the ball then you have to move the ball a lot to the wings, take space. No option, come back to the CDMs, go the other way. Usually the STs in the formation find these pockets of space in the middle so you can driven pass to them. Very effective @Pepe Le DiLzZ

I had 85 Blanc in the middle with Kante last time and Blanc would always push up and leave the middle exposed. My previous partnership when I hit Elite was Kante-Fabinho. Win balls and distribute. That’s how I see it now and I tend not not use any attack minded player there anymore because of that

Interesting. I may go with Koeman and Kante I think. I just love the way Koeman plays.
  • CovLee_Candice
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Prime rvn is the worst striker for 500k :'(
  • BaseCamp
    1468 posts Professional
    Moments gullit and r9 will be 15 mil for months. Hard to see how that will affect r94/96 and gullit 90/93. The top 5 or 6 big icons should be pretty stable.

Had toty mbappe in draft. Very fast, solid passer but left foot sucks and he missed a shocking amount of sitters. He did have a bit of the prime zidane cheat in that hed bounce through the odd tackle. I see him more as an outside cam / or rm/lm on really high end teams.
  • Mighty-TrIstan
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fresh Eusebio up on PS4 lowest BIN

Yeah, it's all about the supply but also have to keep in mind Prime Moments are just around the corner and because of the threat of that I think it will keep icon prices reasonable. As for TOTY I remember last year when Future stars released a flood of TOTY cards hitting the market because all people wanted was cards in the new promo.

I agree with your guys' points that historically the TOTYs have fallen in price after the first week but would say that if TOTYs fall in price then the correlated Icons will fall proportionally. For example, TOTY Kante goes down, 88 Vieira goes down as well. There will always be a 4-500k coin gap between these two because of the difference in stats and ability.

It would be interesting if proven wrong though.
  • _R9_
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone used 91 Dinho...

Wanting to try him for so long. I just can’t see myself spending 2.4 on him lol when I know eventually he’ll drop.

Either him or TOTGS Messi. 😭💔
  • Reus
    23218 posts Club Captain

Between teams at the moment

Koeman is staying though, he is brilliant

I use him as an attacking cm in 4411
  • ccooaattssyy
    9897 posts League Winner
    edited January 14
    Recently decided I would like to stick with playing 352 over 442. Was going to get Zambrotta, but now I am not sure. Would he be able to play LM or is an attacking player a better option? I use wingers in these positions at the moment. I already have Prime Zanetti, who has been switched to CDM as he is brilliant there, rather than RM (he's decent enough there too).

Been doing objectives, but for reference in Serie A I used D. Costa & Promes for my LM & RM.

Or, what about Zambrotta as my RC/LCB?
  • ccooaattssyy
    9897 posts League Winner
    edited January 14
    91 Kaka is pretty good actually. Felt decent physically, and was very clinical both in terms of finishing & chance creation (some top drawer assists). 6'1" is nice.
  • Finesse_4days
    9084 posts League Winner
    edited January 14
    87ADP 1mill flat :# panic buying is unreal, buying at these prices is like a crime after last week being 20%lower in some cases.
    The fact we now have a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ promo on friday instead of FFS has caused immediate market panic.
    Im just trading up to lunar new year now when the market will tank, bought a few teams last week but wasnt satisfied with them.
  • MarioMonk
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anyone tried 90 Gullit at CAM?
  • Ghtotti
    93 posts Park Captain
    MarioMonk wrote: »
    Anyone tried 90 Gullit at CAM?

Over 40 games but you can get best from gullit on cm/cdm Neymar or messi perform on cam better imo