The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fifa 20 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

  • Scutch
    13228 posts Has That Special Something
    Rb10119 wrote: »
    Why do i feel like selling Mane And KDB for R9 and Neymar :lol:

    20200114-001314.jpg

    Haha, crazy isn't it? I could sell TOTY Kante, 91 Maradona and R94 and get 89 Eusebio and TOTY CR7. But that's like over 8.5m on 2 players.

    Think I'll resist.
  • Roc_Xel
    1063 posts Professional
    You know it's so funny how sometimes you don't really know with this game why things happen or how big a difference your players make, it's crazy.

    So I added TOTY CR7 and TOTY De Jong to replace NIF CR7 and Scream Firmino. From that point, I went from 1600 in DR to 1200, losing 400. Lol.

    And this was while TOTY CR7 was the best player I've used in my life and scored like 40 in 28 games if I remember correctly (wrote it above on here but lazy to find it, it was something like that). The funny thing is that he was scoring while I kept losing games and losing games, but most of them close and like 4-3, 5-4 etc. So I had no rage quits and he was doing insanely well. I had the impression that I was not trying too hard with him either, he just found a way to score every single time.

    After losing the first few games and losing like 100 DR points, I was playing completely frustrated and when I do so, I never release enough the sprint button. I want everything to go quick and play like a complete noob, except that it was quite amazing that CR7 kept banging them despite playing with r2 all the time. It's almost like I want to play as quick and much as possible to get back to winning which is the worst thing to do.

    Now, I realized that, eventually (congratz) and simply let go of the R2 button, which I almost don't press any more except to catch a ball or a player. All my attacks are completely transformed, my CM's finally have the time to come in and be really impactful offensively, and all players feel so smooth on the ball. Really a beginner's mistake, I know.

    So since I released the r2 button I went from 1180 in DR to 1545 in 2 days ^^. Won like 17 of 20 or so and my last 8 last night to go back to Div 3. Yet the funny thing, CR7 has now gone more "stable", and is now at 55 goals in 54 games. Tons of assists too, but now Eusebio has woken up and my CMs and CAMs score tons as well so it is more widespread and less of a one-man show.

    But it means that over those 20 odd games CR7 scored like 12 or whatever, far from his previous ratio. Yet I won all those games.

    Also, I have noticed it has become almost impossible to keep track of players, in Rivals at least, and make statistics (which I love, I usually make a 20 sec. video of my team stats every 50 or so games to track progress, by just recording their bio and passing players so they all appear next to the other on the video).

    Because I have had so many, so many, quitters. Sometimes CR7 scores on the kick-off and the guys quits after 3 minutes. This is also the negative thing about having a stacked team, if you score early many will quit, esepcially if you used skills to score.

    I hvae had objectives people quitting before the game starts. On the 20 games I played to get back to 1500+ in DR, I'd say that between 40 and 50% of them were done at half time. So You can't really get perfect stats. While when you do a 4-4 game or so it plays until the end and your players have more chances to scores tons.

    Anyway, now playing slowly, and even though he scores now less and plays for the team, CR7 is something special on the ball. And his shots from distance, from both feet and power or finesse, are just completely cheated. His strength as well, he somehow always retrieves the ball in the box despite perfect tackles being performed on him.


  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15903 posts World Class
    @Reus how you finding Gerrard and Koeman partnership?
  • BK1892
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What is 88 Seedorf like? Is there much difference between TOTY de Jong & him?

    If I sold TOTY de Jong I could get 88 Seedorf and 89 Eusebio.
  • Roc_Xel
    1063 posts Professional
    BK1892 wrote: »
    What is 88 Seedorf like? Is there much difference between TOTY de Jong & him?

    If I sold TOTY de Jong I could get 88 Seedorf and 89 Eusebio.

    Played both extensively. Seedorf is really good. His finishing is not insane, and for some reason he kept missing passes despite engine on him (93 passing then), but he's everywhere and a great value for coins. Among the best CM of the game imo, especially those under 1 mil. Eventually I grew tired of him, exactly like I did last year, after 150 games. His stats showed that he did not have enough of an impact offensively (but this has been a struggle for most of my CM's in my 41212-2) while defensively he's obviously not the best either.

    Playing with De Jong currently and truth be told he's clearly the better player. Defensively, he's very, very good, as is expected, and definitely much better.

    His runs are excellent and he brings tons offensively. His WF sux, but on his right foot his finishing is clearly better than Seedorf's one. He's also quicker, has super quick feet, turns so well, and his passing is a beauty.

    I can completely understand the difference of prices between those two. That said, you can replace him temporarily to get Eusebio the goat, while thinking of making another milion and get back to TOTY De jong once you can afford him back.

  • kraid
    4031 posts National Call-Up
    So I know the general consensus is that Eusebio is fantastic but looking at him (91 version) compared to 95 pele it looks like pele should be better.

    For anyone that has used both which would you choose as a st and why?

    Like the idea of pele’s 5* skills but really don’t want to waste 150k in tax if he doesn’t play to his stats.
  • Scutch
    13228 posts Has That Special Something
    kraid wrote: »
    So I know the general consensus is that Eusebio is fantastic but looking at him (91 version) compared to 95 pele it looks like pele should be better.

    For anyone that has used both which would you choose as a st and why?

    Like the idea of pele’s 5* skills but really don’t want to waste 150k in tax if he doesn’t play to his stats.

    Eusebio's 5* WF negates any skill moves. It's like a laser.
  • Scutch
    13228 posts Has That Special Something
    Roc_Xel wrote: »

    After losing the first few games and losing like 100 DR points, I was playing completely frustrated and when I do so, I never release enough the sprint button. I want everything to go quick and play like a complete noob,

    This is my playstyle. I really need to ease off the sprint button but it's like it's hardwired into my muscle memory.
  • Roc_Xel
    1063 posts Professional
    kraid wrote: »
    So I know the general consensus is that Eusebio is fantastic but looking at him (91 version) compared to 95 pele it looks like pele should be better.

    For anyone that has used both which would you choose as a st and why?

    Like the idea of pele’s 5* skills but really don’t want to waste 150k in tax if he doesn’t play to his stats.

    I have tried Pelé twice, as a CAM first then bought him back as a ST. Don't know Eusebio 91 but I have 89, 700 games in.

    Eusebio is WAY WAY above. Pelé has so many weird stuff. Can't protect the ball, feels super weak, his wf is not great, and he's lazy in his runs. He's way less efficient than Eusebio. Had to sell him twice with a big loss as I simply could not get Pelé 95 to work.
  • Finesse_4days
    9023 posts League Winner
    I reckon if Future stars are as good as last year the market will drop again, I bought a team during the lowest Toty prices sold for profit and I am hoping to buy a team again on Friday for decent prices. I think alot of players dont have coins liquid as they have a team or spent them on upgrades so will quickly look to liquidate on Friday if they put out a future star loading screen and a team with the likes of Felix and Tonalli is announced.
  • Orison
    52863 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Right....so....
    Eusebio vs TOTY CR7?

    Depends on where you want to play him. Not as easy as that.
  • Kamilflage
    5983 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Right....so....
    Eusebio vs TOTY CR7?

    Depends on where you want to play him. Not as easy as that.

    Well in a 2 striker partnership to be particular, beside an untradeable base Dalglish...
    It's basically either I get CR7 or I can have Eusebio and TOTY Kante
  • Scutch
    13228 posts Has That Special Something
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Right....so....
    Eusebio vs TOTY CR7?

    Depends on where you want to play him. Not as easy as that.

    Well in a 2 striker partnership to be particular, beside an untradeable base Dalglish...
    It's basically either I get CR7 or I can have Eusebio and TOTY Kante

    My TOTY Kante likes to play up front no matter what instructions I put on him, so it's a win/win there anyway :joy:
  • Orison
    52863 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Right....so....
    Eusebio vs TOTY CR7?

    Depends on where you want to play him. Not as easy as that.

    Well in a 2 striker partnership to be particular, beside an untradeable base Dalglish...
    It's basically either I get CR7 or I can have Eusebio and TOTY Kante

    Would rather get rid off Dalglish tbf

    Probably CR7 if you wanna keep Dalglish. CR7 RST then.
  • Hollandman
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    Gonna go back to 41212 with Frenkie en Kante Toty als cm now I need a cvm for max 1.6 mil. 88 Viera best option there?
  • Kamilflage
    5983 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Right....so....
    Eusebio vs TOTY CR7?

    Depends on where you want to play him. Not as easy as that.

    Well in a 2 striker partnership to be particular, beside an untradeable base Dalglish...
    It's basically either I get CR7 or I can have Eusebio and TOTY Kante

    Would rather get rid off Dalglish tbf

    Probably CR7 if you wanna keep Dalglish. CR7 RST then.

    I would love to partner CR7 and Eus...but the only way to pull that off would be to get rid of Gullit, and that ain't happening
  • jonas1904
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Right....so....
    Eusebio vs TOTY CR7?

    Depends on where you want to play him. Not as easy as that.

    Well in a 2 striker partnership to be particular, beside an untradeable base Dalglish...
    It's basically either I get CR7 or I can have Eusebio and TOTY Kante

    Would rather get rid off Dalglish tbf

    Probably CR7 if you wanna keep Dalglish. CR7 RST then.

    I would love to partner CR7 and Eus...but the only way to pull that off would be to get rid of Gullit, and that ain't happening


    Don’t do it. I would love all that cards but I know I regret a lot of I sell gullit.
  • Reus
    23196 posts Club Captain
    @Reus how you finding Gerrard and Koeman partnership?

    Gerrard was too clunky on the ball so have sold him

    He was excellent in smooth gameplay but when it got sluggish he kept getting dispossessed
  • kraid
    4031 posts National Call-Up
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    So I know the general consensus is that Eusebio is fantastic but looking at him (91 version) compared to 95 pele it looks like pele should be better.

    For anyone that has used both which would you choose as a st and why?

    Like the idea of pele’s 5* skills but really don’t want to waste 150k in tax if he doesn’t play to his stats.

    I have tried Pelé twice, as a CAM first then bought him back as a ST. Don't know Eusebio 91 but I have 89, 700 games in.

    Eusebio is WAY WAY above. Pelé has so many weird stuff. Can't protect the ball, feels super weak, his wf is not great, and he's lazy in his runs. He's way less efficient than Eusebio. Had to sell him twice with a big loss as I simply could not get Pelé 95 to work.
    Scutch wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    So I know the general consensus is that Eusebio is fantastic but looking at him (91 version) compared to 95 pele it looks like pele should be better.

    For anyone that has used both which would you choose as a st and why?

    Like the idea of pele’s 5* skills but really don’t want to waste 150k in tax if he doesn’t play to his stats.

    Eusebio's 5* WF negates any skill moves. It's like a laser.

    Ok well that answers that. Thanks for the replies, hopefully 91 Eusebio isn’t too far behind the 89 as I don’t think I can afford the extra coins and still have a team around him I like.
  • jonas1904
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    kraid wrote: »
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    So I know the general consensus is that Eusebio is fantastic but looking at him (91 version) compared to 95 pele it looks like pele should be better.

    For anyone that has used both which would you choose as a st and why?

    Like the idea of pele’s 5* skills but really don’t want to waste 150k in tax if he doesn’t play to his stats.

    I have tried Pelé twice, as a CAM first then bought him back as a ST. Don't know Eusebio 91 but I have 89, 700 games in.

    Eusebio is WAY WAY above. Pelé has so many weird stuff. Can't protect the ball, feels super weak, his wf is not great, and he's lazy in his runs. He's way less efficient than Eusebio. Had to sell him twice with a big loss as I simply could not get Pelé 95 to work.
    Scutch wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    So I know the general consensus is that Eusebio is fantastic but looking at him (91 version) compared to 95 pele it looks like pele should be better.

    For anyone that has used both which would you choose as a st and why?

    Like the idea of pele’s 5* skills but really don’t want to waste 150k in tax if he doesn’t play to his stats.

    Eusebio's 5* WF negates any skill moves. It's like a laser.

    Ok well that answers that. Thanks for the replies, hopefully 91 Eusebio isn’t too far behind the 89 as I don’t think I can afford the extra coins and still have a team around him I like.

    It’s not that far you will enjoy for sure

  • Bozza88
    2090 posts Fans' Favourite
    Guys I’m at my wits end. Do I go for 91 Eusebio?
    Can’t afford the 89 or should I get prime dalglish or prime butra?
    Team is good enough but is he really worth the coins?
  • Scutch
    13228 posts Has That Special Something
    Bozza88 wrote: »
    Guys I’m at my wits end. Do I go for 91 Eusebio?
    Can’t afford the 89 or should I get prime dalglish or prime butra?
    Team is good enough but is he really worth the coins?

    You'll only regret not buying him, you won't regret losing maybe 100 - 200k on EA tax if you sold him. What's the worst that could happen? It's tradeable anyway and the game is about having fun.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15903 posts World Class
    Reus wrote: »
    @Reus how you finding Gerrard and Koeman partnership?

    Gerrard was too clunky on the ball so have sold him

    He was excellent in smooth gameplay but when it got sluggish he kept getting dispossessed

    Do you still have Koeman? Who you got him paired with? I played 4222 Koeman and Paulinho both were excellent but found them a bit too high up the pitch at times.
  • xFATAL
    5004 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 14
    I reckon if Future stars are as good as last year the market will drop again, I bought a team during the lowest Toty prices sold for profit and I am hoping to buy a team again on Friday for decent prices. I think alot of players dont have coins liquid as they have a team or spent them on upgrades so will quickly look to liquidate on Friday if they put out a future star loading screen and a team with the likes of Felix and Tonalli is announced.

    I think Icons will be safe but I can see the TOTY players dropping alot, They're too high IMO and hype will die off with Future stars so I've opted to wait on TOTY and just buy Icons for my team this week.
  • Bozza88
    2090 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scutch wrote: »
    Bozza88 wrote: »
    Guys I’m at my wits end. Do I go for 91 Eusebio?
    Can’t afford the 89 or should I get prime dalglish or prime butra?
    Team is good enough but is he really worth the coins?

    You'll only regret not buying him, you won't regret losing maybe 100 - 200k on EA tax if you sold him. What's the worst that could happen? It's tradeable anyway and the game is about having fun.

    True, i went for it! lets hope the hy[e is real
  • Ghotting
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    anyone play prime butra?
  • Chappy
    3354 posts National Call-Up
    Is the passing in 89 Eusebio a problem in 2 striker formations? My main reason for considering the 91 is the passing.
  • Dev_ol
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Chappy wrote: »
    Is the passing in 89 Eusebio a problem in 2 striker formations? My main reason for considering the 91 is the passing.

    Iv found his passing absolutely fine. Plays above the stats. Don’t tend to pass with him a whole lot though as he can score from pretty much anywhere.
  • CraigyBoy21
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Any of the Icon LB’s worth it getting?
  • Warrrap
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any of the Icon LB’s worth it getting?

    Zambrotta
Sign In or Register to comment.