New Fifa Title Update - Main discussion thread

Retro_G
32794 posts National Team Captain
edited January 14
It sounds promising, consistent finishing, more responsive dribbling. Let's know what it's like on PC @greggles. Looking forward to this update, what do you think lads?

EA_GZaro
4:38AM in Announcements
Hey FIFA Fans,

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes below.

Gameplay:

Made the following changes:
Further increased the impact of the Dribbling responsiveness change introduced in Title Update # 2.
Increased the responsiveness of dribbling, when not using any dribbling modifiers or skill moves, for players that have an average rating of 80 or higher between the Attributes of Dribbling, Agility, and Balance.
The effectiveness of this improvement will scale based on the average rating with the least improvement being felt at 80 and the most improvement at 99.
Increased the effectiveness of easy shots taken inside of the box, from 45 feet/15 yards/13.7 meters and closer to the target.
These shots are more likely to be on goal and not hit the post or miss the goal.
The target is the exact location of where the ball is expected to go, determined through a mixture of directional input, and the Shooting Assistance setting.
Shots taken from very small angles are slightly more likely to be on goal.
Reduced the maximum amount of time a player can stand at the Kick Off from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
Increased speed of Goal Kick pass animations.
The changes to Goal Kick Pass speed in TU #7 impacted other Set Pieces as well, and the changes were reverted due to community feedback.
The change in this Title Update only affects Goal Kick pass animations and no other Set Pieces.
Green Timed Shots are now less impacted by error.
Adjusted Green Timed shot targets to be more effective.
When transitioning into a Set Piece, players will have to apply their directional input after the transition in order to perform the Set Piece quickly.
This change prevents accidentally triggering Set Pieces when holding the directional input and rapidly requesting Pass/Shoot actions during the transition.
Increased exit speed when Sprinting out of a Strafe Dribble for players that have an average rating of 80 or higher between the Attributes of Dribbling, Agility, and Balance.
This action can be performed during a Strafe Dribble by Sprinting in a specific direction.
The exit speed and duration will scale based on the average rating with the least improvement being felt at 80 and the most improvement at 99.

Addressed the following issues:
Addressed instances of the in-game camera not smoothly transitioning during low trajectory passes.
Addressed text misalignment when downloading a Squad Update.
Celebrations were sometimes causing a temporary blank screen in Century Link Stadium.

Thanks to those who’ve provided feedback. Throughout the course of the FIFA 20 season we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

The FIFA Team
Post edited by EA_Roger on

Comments

• Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16370 posts World Class
    Ah last major patch I'm assuming. Make or break for these lot.
  • Covkilla91mob
    1940 posts Fans' Favourite
    It sounds great love the fact fast dribbling after strafe is back like last few years even tho I'm very good at it already so rip even more now I suppose to my opps
  • Covkilla91mob
    1940 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ah last major patch I'm assuming. Make or break for these lot.

Lol was make or break last year mate
  • Aminegriffy2
    25 posts Park Captain
    Making the meta players be even more meta.
  • Yermawfc
    2195 posts Fans' Favourite
    will this fix toty allison?
  • Bobo23
    1993 posts Fans' Favourite
    You won't notice a difference.
  • Jonx88
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    I like they have made normal dribbling better but they should have nerfed dragbacks along with it, nerfing and then boosting timed finishing seems a bit weird and pointless
  • Ballist1x
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Can they not make it so my.players release a pass when I press pass and not take an extra 2 touches?
  • Absolute waste of time. Game is beyond repair
  • AlexBear012
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    There wont be any difference but some people will complain how the game got worse since the patch
  • NinthFall
    1368 posts Play-Off Hero
    Looks like non meta players will be more meta
  • TheMightyBee
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    Can they not make it so my.players release a pass when I press pass and not take an extra 2 touches?

Exactly, the delay in passing and shooting is terrible at times.
  • CharlieC
    7376 posts Big Money Move
    Who is EA Zaro??
  • Scotmark1986
    777 posts Professional
    This patch is useless if there is no movement towards fixing/improving connection issues..or nerfing the ai..nothing about fixing passing either your passing literally 5 yards goes wrong..by now they now the fundamental issues that are wrong either by themselves or by the community feed back by choosing not to do anything that’s them basically saying they don’t know how to address the issues...
  • Staxdoobie
    1776 posts Play-Off Hero
    "Increased speed of Goal Kick pass animations."

This is very welcome for those times you play a goal kick to a defender who is in acres of space but gets closed down before the goalie actually gets around to kicking it.
  • mway
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 14
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    "Increased speed of Goal Kick pass animations."

This is very welcome for those times you play a goal kick to a defender who is in acres of space but gets closed down before the goalie actually gets around to kicking it.

I´ve just tested it on PC and it´s really fast. Anyway, it´s incredible that still, we don´t have the new goal kick rule in this game.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16370 posts World Class
    No changes to connectivity issues, this patch is useless.

After their recent successful pack sales event. They will tell you looking at the profits there is absolutely nothing wrong with the game.
  • Nazgul
    1025 posts Professional
    Making the meta players be even more meta.
    NinthFall wrote: »
    Looks like non meta players will be more meta

Here we go!
  • TDOF
    2580 posts Fans' Favourite
    0 change to AI blocks..... this game has to much assistance, what’s the point of making dribbling responsiveness better if the AI will just stick a leg out anyway?
  • NornIron
    13557 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 14
    Nothing to do with the servers mean it's a waste of time.
    Basically every patch is what they broke in the previous patch FFS joke company.
  • CharlieC
    NornIron wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the servers mean it's a waste of time.
    Basically every patch is what they broke in the previous patch FFS joke company.

I agree with this but while they deal with the biggest issues which will take time (if at all) I think its good that the niggles are fixed. Certainly the goal kick thing is a pain and so that's welcome to me.
  • ItsWideRight
    947 posts Professional
    No need to fixed timed shooting fix the low driven its been broken for 2 years.

Also no changes to passing which has way to much RNG.
  • malky
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Heading????
  • CharlieC
    No need to fixed timed shooting fix the low driven its been broken for 2 years.

Also no changes to passing which has way to much RNG.

Low driven was nerfed because it was the only way people scored in 18. Its very inconsistent now and could probably do with a buff but not to the point where its like 18 because that was madness.
  • Mdewc
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    When will the new patch arrive to PS?