The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

The Football thread featuring COVID-19

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    16946 posts World Class
    So both Demiral and Zaniolo did their ACLs yesterday.
    Great idea to play two matches on the same pitch in two days.
    Magnificent.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Magnificent.

Yeah it’s amazing the other 20 players didn’t do theirs too! 🙄
  • Antparry92
    18946 posts World Class
    Magnificent.

2 ACL injuries in one game is quite telling tbf, seeing as it’s not the most common of injuries. Pitch did look a bit heavy as well, although I thought Zaniolo’s was impact when I first seen it
  • Alemas_2012
    16946 posts World Class
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Magnificent.

2 ACL injuries in one game is quite telling tbf, seeing as it’s not the most common of injuries. Pitch did look a bit heavy as well, although I thought Zaniolo’s was impact when I first seen it

Nah, Zaniolo injured himself while changing direction, he grimaced before impacting against De Ligt.
    Both injuries were caused by the pitch.
  • Pietu
    5969 posts Big Money Move
    Monday morning musings - following Agueros ‘record’ at the weekend, who is the greatest PL player of all time?

From who I have seen, probably Suarez
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    Pietu wrote: »
    Monday morning musings - following Agueros ‘record’ at the weekend, who is the greatest PL player of all time?

:lol:
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner

Wow 😂
  • Färjestad
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite
    Crossland wrote: »

See something like that in most games, not that impressive.
  • arsenalap
    7380 posts Big Money Move

Whaa..

For an individual season, he could be up there.

But greatest player of all time? No chance.

I will say Henry, but theres others who have a case.
  • Maybe he thinks Suarez is Finnish somehow
  • Antparry92
    18946 posts World Class
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Maybe he thinks Suarez is Finnish somehow

He’s not Finnish...he’s still playing for Barca
  • BrentfordFC
    13164 posts Has That Special Something

Bruh :lol:

Can’t be trolling @Pietu :joy:

• Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional

Bruh :lol:

Can’t be trolling @Pietu :joy:

Has to be.

Suarez isn’t even the best Premier League Liverpool player.
  • Pietu
    edited January 13
    From who I have seen

I haven't seen Henry, Shearer, Ronaldo in the PL, can't understand English? ;)
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    From who I have seen

To be fair, you didn’t specify live if you want to get into English specifics. I understood. Still don’t understand how you would think that though.

Was Gerrard on the subs bench that day? :lol:
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    edited January 13
    The question was greatest player not goal scorer

Right I know, I said Shearer not only for the goals record but because of the titles he, (from what I’ve been told) just carried his teams too.

• LFC Simon 98
    19196 posts World Class
    Färjestad wrote: »
    Crossland wrote: »

See something like that in most games, not that impressive.

I dunno what games you watch but I very rarely see that
  • Andy99TradeZ
    15226 posts World Class
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Right I know, I said Shearer not only for the goals record but because of the titles he, (from what I’ve been told) just carried his teams too.

That ain't it chief
  • Pietu
    Dubbly wrote: »
    From who I have seen

To be fair, you didn’t specify live if you want to get into English specifics. I understood. Still don’t understand how you would think that though.

How? Because I have never seen anyone in the Prem have as dominant of a season as he had for us and you have to remember, we were not the same team we are now. That man, was the closest thing to Messi/Ronaldo I have seen.

He even outscored them in La Liga for a season, maybe 2, not counting that for this though.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19196 posts World Class
    From who I have seen

If we’re talking footballing talent then I would tend to agree Suarez was the most gifted Liverpool player since the turn of the century.
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    edited January 13

That ain't it chief

He won the league with Blackburn and Newcastle didn’t he?

Ah just googled and it was only Blackburn. Like I said I’d not watched him but thought he won the league with Newcastle too.

• BrentfordFC
    From who I have seen

Vardy has been better than Suarez :trollface:
  • Pietu
    From who I have seen

I hope you sell Forss :trollface:
  • BrentfordFC
    From who I have seen

I hope you sell Forss :trollface:

:joy:
  • Andy99TradeZ
    15226 posts World Class

That ain't it chief

Ah just googled and it was only Blackburn. Like I said I’d not watched him but thought he won the league with Newcastle too.

I think he turned down united before he went to Blackburn? May be wrong there but if he did come to us and scored a similar amount winning several prem titles he'd be classed as the greatest i reckon
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class

That ain't it chief

I think he turned down united before he went to Blackburn? May be wrong there but if he did come to us and scored a similar amount winning several prem titles he'd be classed as the greatest i reckon

So you’d say someone like Giggs then I’d imagine?

• Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    From who I have seen

If we’re talking footballing talent then I would tend to agree Suarez was the most gifted Liverpool player since the turn of the century.

Premier League didn’t start at the turn of the century though?

The discussion is of all time in the Premier League, no?
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    edited January 13

That ain't it chief

He turned United down 3x over his career and also turned down Barca ! And unfortunately he never won the Title with Newcastle as we've never won one 😂 He and Sutton carried Blackburn almost single handily to their premier league title win
  • LFC Simon 98
    19196 posts World Class
    From who I have seen

Premier League didn’t start at the turn of the century though?

The discussion is of all time in the Premier League, no?

I was born in 98 so didn’t get to see the players before then. But even still. My dad reckons only one who would rival Suarez talent wise is Barnes.