Fifa 20 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    So the matches against the opponents from the other league/conference are some sort of friendlies? For the strength of the league it would be good for the teams, especially those who play in the UCL/EL.
  • Danimal5981
    2558 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    DB1512 wrote: »
    So the matches against the opponents from the other league/conference are some sort of friendlies? For the strength of the league it would be good for the teams, especially those who play in the UCL/EL.

no, the points count in your own league. If Ajax defeats Genk it takes 3 points to their own (Dutch) league.

AJax - Genk 3-0
    PSV - Gent 1-1
    AJax - PSV 1-1
    Gent - Genk 0-2
    Gent - Ajax 0-1
    Genk - PSV 2-2

NL league: Ajax 7, PSV 3
    BE league: Genk 4, Gent 1

Ajax and Genk advance to the BeNeLeague final round, to decide who gets UCL ticket and who goes into UEL.
  • Danimal5981
    I understand that bug where top teams remain unbeaten practically always still hasn't been improved?
  • JamieC
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Merry Christmas everyone! :smiley:
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Merry Christmas y’all. Hope everyone has a great day with family and friends 🎅🎅🎅
  • Stlducks
    3805 posts National Call-Up
    Merry Christmas everyone. Hope 2020 is a great year for everyone. Unless your club wears red (excluding Ajax) I hope 2020 sucks for all you red wearing clubs. 😄
  • Alastair
    10246 posts Moderator
    Merry Christmas Everyone. Hope you all have a great day. :)
  • Danimal5981
    Happy holidays for now, peace and prosper for 2020!

(thanks @Stlducks for being the exception in red - and not Santa)
  • Danimal5981
    edited December 2019
    I am a little done with the vanilla game; too many restrictions that make the game unrealistic and not fun.

So question: if I should Mod, should I take Paulv2k4 or do people prefer Fifer?

I've tried Paulv2k4 and though one cannot use pre- and post press conferences, the gameplay and career realism seems realistic; even top teams drop 7 to 10 points per season half.

How does Fifer Mod relate to Paulv2k4, especially when it comes to career realism?
  • Stlducks
    I am a little done with the vanilla game; too many restrictions that make the game unrealistic and not fun.

So question: if I should Mod, should I take Paulv2k4 or do people prefer Fifer?

I've tried Paulv2k4 and though one cannot use pre- and post press conferences, the gameplay and career realism seems realistic; even top teams drop 7 to 10 points per season half.

How does Fifer Mod relate to Paulv2k4, especially when it comes to career realism?

I wish I had a PC so I could use mods. I can't give input from my own experience but from what I have read, Paulv2k4 is the best option.
  • sviraman
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think I mentioned months ago in this thread with @sviraman that Ajax will miss defender Matthijs de Ligt more than midfielder Frenkie de Jong.

Sorry for digging up a month-old comment, but I only now saw it, and there is a need to set the record straight.
    It was I who said De Ligt's loss is more important. Danimal5981, in fact, had the opposite view:
    it cannot be put down to one single player. Which is why De Jong's role in Ajax championship season is far more important than De Ligt's

The way Ajax play, that joint in the middle, the playmaker in front of defence is more key: that was De Jong in front of Blind and De Ligt. Now, it's Blind in front of Martinez and a third defender (rotating). That needs time, but it'll work just as well I'm sure. In that sense, De Ligt is way more dispensable than De Jong: not for the individual qualities of the player, but his role in the system Ajax traditionally plays.
  • Danimal5981
    edited January 13
    sviraman wrote: »
    I think I mentioned months ago in this thread with @sviraman that Ajax will miss defender Matthijs de Ligt more than midfielder Frenkie de Jong.

Sorry for digging up a month-old comment, but I only now saw it, and there is a need to set the record straight.
    It was I who said De Ligt's loss is more important. Danimal5981, in fact, had the opposite view:
    it cannot be put down to one single player. Which is why De Jong's role in Ajax championship season is far more important than De Ligt's

The way Ajax play, that joint in the middle, the playmaker in front of defence is more key: that was De Jong in front of Blind and De Ligt. Now, it's Blind in front of Martinez and a third defender (rotating). That needs time, but it'll work just as well I'm sure. In that sense, De Ligt is way more dispensable than De Jong: not for the individual qualities of the player, but his role in the system Ajax traditionally plays.

No worries, I stand corrected, but I did remember the discussion. Good on ya @sviraman
  • Danimal5981
    It's funny, 10 years later, you can still remake an Ajax-team of 2010 with real faces only...

Stekelenburg (Everton),
    Blind (Ajax), Alderweireld (Spurs), Vertonghen (Spurs), Emanuelson (Utrecht),
    Siem de Jong (Ajax), Lodeiro (Seattle), Eriksen (Spurs),
    Luis Suarez (Barcelona), Cvitanich (Racing), Zeegelaar (Watford).

Padt (Groningen), Vermeer (Feyenoord), Boilesen (Copenhagen), Lindgren (Häcken), Donald (Malatyaspor),
    Sulejmani (Young Boys), Aissati (Denizlispor) and Suk Hyun-Jun (Reims)

...are also still in game, so one could fill the bench.
  • Danimal5981
    Don't think I remember a manager being sacked for being 1st with boring football #Barcelona
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Don't think I remember a manager being sacked for being 1st with boring football #Barcelona

Absolutely pathetic that they’ve chosen to fire him now. Should’ve been done in the summer if at all
  • JDB44
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    The firing was bad enough but then openly searching for the next manager before firing him was disgraceful.
  • JDB44
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's funny, 10 years later, you can still remake an Ajax-team of 2010 with real faces only...

Stekelenburg (Everton),
    Blind (Ajax), Alderweireld (Spurs), Vertonghen (Spurs), Emanuelson (Utrecht),
    Siem de Jong (Ajax), Lodeiro (Seattle), Eriksen (Spurs),
    Luis Suarez (Barcelona), Cvitanich (Racing), Zeegelaar (Watford).

Padt (Groningen), Vermeer (Feyenoord), Boilesen (Copenhagen), Lindgren (Häcken), Donald (Malatyaspor),
    Sulejmani (Young Boys), Aissati (Denizlispor) and Suk Hyun-Jun (Reims)

...are also still in game, so one could fill the bench.

That is a list of some very talented players. Who do you miss most from Ajax?
  • Someone needs to help me i spoke to people on the ea chat service they told me to come to here see anyone can help with the situation im in

Basically i Started playing pro club with someone of the community and we played couple games he lost then started being rude to me then he locked me in the club i cant leave or make anyone else manager and i cant play any games
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    edited January 16
    Macazz wrote: »
    Someone needs to help me i spoke to people on the ea chat service they told me to come to here see anyone can help with the situation im in

Basically i Started playing pro club with someone of the community and we played couple games he lost then started being rude to me then he locked me in the club i cant leave or make anyone else manager and i cant play any games

A) this is the Career mode stories section....
    B.) There is nothing we can do to help. They just send everyone here so they can pass them off 🤷‍♂️
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    Macazz wrote: »
    Someone needs to help me i spoke to people on the ea chat service they told me to come to here see anyone can help with the situation im in

A) this is the Career mode stories section....
    B.) There is nothing we can do to help. They just send everyone here so they can pass them off 🤷‍♂️

Hmm, that make for a pretty good story though. :o
  • Stlducks
    Took some time away from video games and watching sports in general a bit. Sad to see these boards have died down so much.

Has Liverpool winning made us all hate football?
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Took some time away from video games and watching sports in general a bit. Sad to see these boards have died down so much.

Think we all need to place that blame on EAs doorstep 😏😉

giphy.gif
  • dannyboy
    12925 posts Has That Special Something
    Only watch basketball now tbh
  • Stlducks

Think we all need to place that blame on EAs doorstep 😏😉

giphy.gif

I played some PES 2020, after adding an option file it is the best soccer game I've ever played.
  • Ashy
    12603 posts Has That Special Something
    EA destroyed career mode imo, they would now need to completely overhaul it to get it going again, adding much more in depth features like a combo of fifa gameplay and football manager.

Like is the 110 points league title winner still a thing? And needing like 85 points to get top 4?
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm actually looking forward to the start of MLS tomorrow. Have yet to see Chicharito in action; hopefully he can make my Galaxy a good team this year instead of just making himself look good (ahem...Ibra). Interesting to finally see what Beckham's Miami will do. Been watching CONCACAF CL this year and there's been some intriguing games (I see that eye roll :p ). I have to admit I'm buying in to the MLS vs LigaMX BS; think it's good for both leagues. Even though I don't have a favorite EPL team, I still like watching a game on Saturday and Sunday morning (for me, at least). EPL in the morning, MLS in the afternoon.
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I'm actually looking forward to the start of MLS tomorrow. Have yet to see Chicharito in action; hopefully he can make my Galaxy a good team this year instead of just making himself look good (ahem...Ibra). Interesting to finally see what Beckham's Miami will do. Been watching CONCACAF CL this year and there's been some intriguing games (I see that eye roll :p ). I have to admit I'm buying in to the MLS vs LigaMX BS; think it's good for both leagues. Even though I don't have a favorite EPL team, I still like watching a game on Saturday and Sunday morning (for me, at least). EPL in the morning, MLS in the afternoon.

CONCACAF has actually intrigued me a bit. A healthy rivalry with LigaMX teams will help the MLS grow a lot I feel like. Have to admit.....I can’t stand Chicharito. Fully expect him to flop 🤷‍♂️
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    CONCACAF has actually intrigued me a bit. A healthy rivalry with LigaMX teams will help the MLS grow a lot I feel like. Have to admit.....I can’t stand Chicharito. Fully expect him to flop 🤷‍♂️
    If I am, too, being honest, thanks to the "PUTO!" we have to endure every time Mexico plays US, anything Mexico and soccer leaves a sort of sour taste for me. That being said, it's more the lack of class of the fans than the players for me. I hate LAFC, but dammit, if they can win CL then more power to them (although I would rather see another MLS team win, even New York ;) ) Ironic that Carlos Vela is a Mexican icon, but the hombre IS muy bueno.

I don't think Chicharito will be a goal scoring machine like Vela; I think he will be a better version of Giovanni dos Santos, scoring around 15 goals and getting 6+ assists. Given the hype, some might think that a flop. I think his style fits in nicely with what the Galaxy have. Ibra was an awesome target nine, but he slowed down the attack and made LA predictable and the other players tentative around goal. LA never had a problem scoring in the last decade, so Ibra's absence is no concern for me.

Prediction for LA Galaxy: make playoffs but get ousted in the second round (like last year). Not yet sold on Schelotto as manager; seems to panic when his tactics don't pan out. Also, too many rentals and hired guns; not enough building.
  • Stlducks
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    If I am, too, being honest, thanks to the "PUTO!" we have to endure every time Mexico plays US, anything Mexico and soccer leaves a sort of sour taste for me. That being said, it's more the lack of class of the fans than the players for me. I hate LAFC, but dammit, if they can win CL then more power to them (although I would rather see another MLS team win, even New York ;) ) Ironic that Carlos Vela is a Mexican icon, but the hombre IS muy bueno.

I don't think Chicharito will be a goal scoring machine like Vela; I think he will be a better version of Giovanni dos Santos, scoring around 15 goals and getting 6+ assists. Given the hype, some might think that a flop. I think his style fits in nicely with what the Galaxy have. Ibra was an awesome target nine, but he slowed down the attack and made LA predictable and the other players tentative around goal. LA never had a problem scoring in the last decade, so Ibra's absence is no concern for me.

Prediction for LA Galaxy: make playoffs but get ousted in the second round (like last year). Not yet sold on Schelotto as manager; seems to panic when his tactics don't pan out. Also, too many rentals and hired guns; not enough building.

This is going to be my first year trying to follow MLS. I'm waiting for St. Louis to get a team that I can follow but I'm interested in Miami this year since I like Beckham and think he will do something interesting.
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is going to be my first year trying to follow MLS. I'm waiting for St. Louis to get a team that I can follow but I'm interested in Miami this year since I like Beckham and think he will do something interesting.
    I believe Miami will be a quality team, if not this year, then certainly in the future. St Louis in 2022; so no Sporting KC?

This discussion has been closed.