Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Sellish
    10046 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

It's a great stat, but it also speaks volumes for his backline.

Dave would most likely have the same record there.
  • wth22
    11209 posts Has That Special Something
    Sellish wrote: »

It's a great stat, but it also speaks volumes for his backline.

Dave would most likely have the same record there.

If not better, Hendo has made a couple of errors himself.
  • Teh Zombz
    4284 posts National Call-Up
    i guess bruno stopped giving the ball away so much
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    IMG-20200110-221657.jpg
  • Cyodine
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro_G wrote: »
    IMG-20200110-221657.jpg

Who is that?
  • Ahmer50x
    22834 posts Club Captain

Good to see our fanbase isn’t getting ahead of ourselves this time :joy:
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    IMG-20200110-221657.jpg

Who is that?

I don't know, was taking at Carrington. Your guess is as good as mine.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14337 posts World Class
    edited January 11
    I personally think Bruno would be a class signing.

Sporting rejected spurs's 50m + 25m in add ons in the summer because they wanted a larger chunk up front. Apparently they need the money and have now lowered their price to entice a buyer, and are happy to accept installments in regards to payment. They want around 60m fir him...

We've clearly smelt blood and are now back in the mix fir him...

Just get the bloody deal done Ed
  • Apollo
    19392 posts World Class

Sporting rejected spurs's 50m + 25m in add ons in the summer because they wanted a larger chunk up front. Apparently they need the money and have now lowered their price to entice a buyer, and are happy to accept installments in regards to payment. They want around 60m fir him...

Completely agree, he fits exactly the type of midfielder we need and crucially we can get him in January which is massive for us. It just makes sense.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14337 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »

Completely agree, he fits exactly the type of midfielder we need and crucially we can get him in January which is massive for us. It just makes sense.

I would rather pay 60m for him now before he becomes a baller for Portugal in the summer and we have to offer double that
  • MorroWtje
    5263 posts Big Money Move

No Jones in the squad means Maguire is definitely starting.

Am i right in seeing that we have 2 CBs in the travelling squad, including one injury doubt who TORE a muscle like 5 days ago? Gonna be brill having AWB at CB 20 minutes in when maguire comes off for 6 months
  • Sellish
    10046 posts Has That Special Something
    MorroWtje wrote: »

Am i right in seeing that we have 2 CBs in the travelling squad, including one injury doubt who TORE a muscle like 5 days ago? Gonna be brill having AWB at CB 20 minutes in when maguire comes off for 6 months

Matic can play CB.. sort of..
  • Sellish wrote: »
    MorroWtje wrote: »

Matic can play CB.. sort of..

He's better at left back

Left back at home that is....
  • Lard_Lad
    12710 posts Has That Special Something

He’s made some great saves this season, but as some have pointed out already, our defence is the main reason we have such a great record, as well as our team structure.

There’s still lots of areas of his game to improve, his position is off, Watford’s goal on Boxing Day and Anderson’s one on one chance today, doesn't cover his near post at all. His distribution is poor, probably the main reason he won’t get in over Pickford at England. And he is capable of making mistakes.

Having said that he pulls of some excellent saves and is confident with crosses into the box, rarely spills if.

Whether he’s good enough for you lot who knows, having said that, looking at the league table maybe if he’s good enough for us he’s good enough for you ;)
  • Retro_G wrote: »

I think it's 100% a done deal, don't ask me why... But I do

If Ed somehow manages to screw this up, I'm sharpening my pitchfork
  • arsenalap
    8027 posts League Winner

I would rather pay 60m for him now before he becomes a baller for Portugal in the summer and we have to offer double that

From what I remember reading he doesnt play very well for Portugal so you wouldn't have to worry about that :*

On paper a good signing for you. I think he will either smash it or be like Mhkytarian and completely flop.

Leaning towards the smash it side.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    arsenalap wrote: »

From what I remember reading he doesnt play very well for Portugal so you wouldn't have to worry about that :*

On paper a good signing for you. I think he will either smash it or be like Mhkytarian and completely flop.

Could say that about any signing chief 😅 but there isn’t a chance he’s worse than Lingard, Pereira and Mata (although Mata has actually been good against low blocks)
  • arsenalap wrote: »

Tbh, he could be forever garbage for Portugal, but if he plays well for us (which I fully expect he will) that's all that matters to me
  • Apollo
    19392 posts World Class
    Everybody knows that our biggest weakness in our team is breaking down low blocks due to a lack of creativity - Bruno goes a long way to fixing that problem. If we get him he could very well make the difference in taking 4th off of Chelsea.
  • arsenalap
    8027 posts League Winner

Could say that about any signing chief 😅 but there isn’t a chance he’s worse than Lingard, Pereira and Mata (although Mata has actually been good against low blocks)

I think at this point you need to get signings who are right instead of stockpiling players who just do a job.

Similar to us tbh.

I think he will do well actually tbh. But if part of the reason nobody went for him last summer is that they were worried about him adjusting, but you have just gone in for him now because you're desperate for someone creative it could be a worry.

But yh tbh I think he will do well and in theory is exactly what you need.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

I think at this point you need to get signings who are right instead of stockpiling players who just do a job.

Similar to us tbh.

I think he will do well actually tbh. But if part of the reason nobody went for him last summer is that they were worried about him adjusting, but you have just gone in for him now because you're desperate for someone creative it could be a worry.

But yh tbh I think he will do well and in theory is exactly what you need.

Yeah we can only hope with how much we need a creative player it works out.

I think the reason clubs were hesitant in the summer was fear of being a one season wonder, which judging by his first 5 months of this season doesn’t appear to be the case.
  • Ahmer50x
    22834 posts Club Captain
  • Ahmer50x
    22834 posts Club Captain
    edited January 11

Is Young injured or is this transfer related?

Also, Jones is there :cry:
  • Apollo
    19392 posts World Class

I haven't read anything about him having an injury, a transfer seems more likely imo.

Not that Ole would say that if asked ofc, he'll say he's got an injury regardless until the transfer is done
  • Ahmer50x
    22834 posts Club Captain

I haven't read anything about him having an injury, a transfer seems more likely imo.

Not that Ole would say that if asked ofc, he'll say he's got an injury regardless until the transfer is done

I have to admit this is where I'd like Ole to be more like Jose or LVG.

If he's refused to play, strip the captaincy and make it known that he's a snake.

I understand covering for your players but if one of them crosses you, you have to be strong with them otherwise it just undermines you.
  • Apollo
    19392 posts World Class

I have to admit this is where I'd like Ole to be more like Jose or LVG.

If he's refused to play, strip the captaincy and make it known that he's a snake.

I understand covering for your players but if one of them crosses you, you have to be strong with them otherwise it just undermines you.

Agreed on that, that's something Ole has to improve. A player who doesn't want to be here and has been completely unprofessional about it doesn't deserve the public protection the rest of the team rightly gets from Ole.