The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 10
    Price for Darren Randolph has gone up by a couple mill tonight I suspect.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Mad that Sheffield Utd probably need 1 win in 16 to be safe now.
  • Lard_Lad
    12702 posts Has That Special Something
    strings79 wrote: »
    @Lard_Lad Richard Stearman is he past it or is he still half decent? just signed for us

Reckon he’ll still do a job, was good for us when he played last season. Will always be a legend for his promotion party celebrations
  • Lard_Lad
    Mad that Sheffield Utd probably need 1 win in 16 to be safe now.

Easy this league, still need 9 points to be safe, 12 to make double sure.
  • BristolMDF
    1099 posts Professional
    Brentford are going to get some serious money for Benrahma
  • BristolMDF
    1099 posts Professional
    Brentford are so, so good. Easily the best side I’ve seen all season and look like they could have a hatful this afternoon.

What I’d give to see Leeds bottle it and then go up.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 11
    Interesting team today, but I don't mind it. Bettinelli's probably off given he's not on the bench. Stansfield on the bench again though, happy with that. Today's a big test for Parker to show he's actually learning from his mistakes given what happened in the reverse fixture.
  • BrentfordFC
    13410 posts Has That Special Something
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Brentford are going to get some serious money for Benrahma

Benrahma makes hazard look **** :lol:
  • BrentfordFC
    Brentford are so, so good. Easily the best side I’ve seen all season and look like they could have a hatful this afternoon.

We’ll be lucky to go up this season via 1st or 2nd. Play offs we have a good chance. Although we do have to play Leeds & West Brom at home.
  • BristolMDF
    1099 posts Professional

We’ll be lucky to go up this season via 1st or 2nd. Play offs we have a good chance. Although we do have to play Leeds & West Brom at home.

Yeah it’s a big ask but win one or both of those two and stranger things have happened. I think you’d comfortably get past any other contender over two legs if you’re at your best then finals are such a lottery.
  • iHilarious
    13232 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 11
    Rotherham too big and too quick by a long way but the officials not helping the situation
  • BristolMDF
    1099 posts Professional

2 points gained on both today! All of a sudden looks like it could be on! Beat Leeds and the gap’s only 3 :open_mouth:
  • Handy Andy
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    Forest :D almost handed a win by the refs who favoured them all game but we go and score a last minute equaliser, love it
  • Retro1989
    5072 posts Big Money Move
    Only in a Forest match will you see that.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3767 posts National Call-Up
    Not losing away at Reading, what kind of sorcery is this!
  • Retro1989
    5072 posts Big Money Move
    5 Minutes added time
    Score in the 96th minute
    Then do an own goal in the 97th minute

What is this? Fut Champs?
  • wheelerdeeler
    Good win today, solid away performance that I don't think many would've thought we were capable of. Mitrovic being stretchered off is probably the headline though. Personally fine with having Bobby Reid, AK47 and at a push Cavaleiro or Stansfield for our Striker options, but we might suddenly be in the market that half the Championship is in for Murray, Wickham, Nketiah etc.
  • Handy Andy
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    5 Minutes added time
    Score in the 96th minute
    Then do an own goal in the 97th minute

What is this? Fut Champs?

tbf it was never a corner :joy:
  • AaronMFC
    1797 posts Play-Off Hero
    We played well most the match feel we deserved the 3 points but ah well at least its happened when we're well clear of danger. Free hit against spurs then a tough game at fulham expecting a difficult week but arent dreading it like i would have done a month ago.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Should be an interesting week for us now on the transfers front. We'll find out how bad Mitrovic is which will probably determine if we go in for a Striker, Bettinelli's seemingly off because he wasn't on the bench today and then we'll see if anything comes from Kongolo or any other defender.

Defence has definitely improved with Hector, but still want us to sign a defender or two on top of him.
  • BrentfordFC

2 points gained on both today! All of a sudden looks like it could be on! Beat Leeds and the gap’s only 3 :open_mouth:

Just seen the results. Decent for us. Just a little worried with Fulham now :lol:

Was mitrovics injury a bad one ? @wheelerdeeler
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 11

Just seen the results. Decent for us. Just a little worried with Fulham now :lol:

Was mitrovics injury a bad one ? @wheelerdeeler

Parker's said it was bad and he's been stretchered off so I doubt he'll be fit for Friday let's put it that way. But we won't actually know until he's had a scan on the ankle tomorrow or Monday.

Think I said it after the Reading game though, he's not been "right" for about a month now whether that's because of fatigue or a knock so if (hopefully) it is only a month or so out and he comes back fresh I won't mind it to be honest. Should be alright with Bobby Reid or AK47 up-front (and Cavaleiro or Stansfield at a push).

If he's out for a while I'd think we'll go in for a Striker like a Murray, Nketiah or a Wickham (basically the Strikers every Top 6 hopeful team has been linked with).
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 11
    Happy that this is finally getting resolved. Barnsley game feels like a lifetime ago now, but it's good that it's finally (seemingly) going to be over. Based on Christie's comments on Twitter & Instagram tonight it sounds like it's been a long time coming. Hope they get the book thrown at them.
  • Hicksy2011
    16304 posts World Class
    Starting to have ground swells of real optimism
    Seddon is class, McGeehan is class
    Looks like we might be signing Monthe and Cavare too, and potentially another midfielder
    Add to the fact our bench today was absolutely loaded with quality and there’s no reason why we can’t have a pretty special second half of the season
    Especially with us being in the EFL trophy and FA cup still
  • james2060
    2945 posts Fans' Favourite
    The past 6 or 7 years now our season goes out the window around November, guess that happens when you've got a team of warm weather players. Or the club wants to stay in league 1 forever. Regardless of manager or players, weird.
    And we had another awful ref today, not that it effected the result.
  • Rulistening
    1953 posts Play-Off Hero
    Promotion express
  • JamieC
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    iHilarious wrote: »

"money can't buy this atmosphere" :joy::joy::joy:

Money is the reason they are there :joy::joy::joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    More to the point, if I offered 15 people 200 quid each (probably less) and told them to do exactly that, chances are I could in fact buy that atmosphere.
  • Lard_Lad
    Who’s gonna do us all a favour and catch Leeds, there game against Arsenal showed just how unbearable having them in the Prem would be, and another bottle job would be spectacular.