The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Dizzy Bala
    3839 posts National Call-Up
    Scott Sinclair to Preston maybe and Rhian Brewster to Swansea, meanwhile we're getting turned down by Billy Sharp. Gunna be a long window :(
  • james2060
    2958 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sinclair has played twice for a team in a pub league this season, I wouldn't get upset about that one.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7367 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 7
    Saw on Reddit that basically the only Manager who can actually make Sinclair any good is Brendan Rodgers. So unless things go downhill at Leicester very quickly you won't have to worry about missing out on him.

The Cavaleiro thing has made me slightly more interested in this window, just because it's opened up a loan spot for us. Was expecting us to sign two players from abroad on a perm that I've barely heard of (starting Right-Back and cover Left-Back) for relatively cheap fees going into the window. Said earlier, ideal signing would be someone like James Justin because he can do both sides. But knowing Tony Khan we'll waste the spot on another winger.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 7
    Phil Jones is such an interesting spectacle of a player.

Should also say this is filling me with hope for the FA Cup game we've got against them.
  • Hicksy2011
    16902 posts World Class
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Got to love it
    Oxford and us gunning for the same treble

Double I guess for you, after this Tuesday ;)

You ok hun
    Also didn’t realise Oxford got knocked out, guess it’s @GoodnightIrene on the treble hunt with us
  • WFCBagnall
    78798 posts Moderator
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Got to love it
    Oxford and us gunning for the same treble

Double I guess for you, after this Tuesday ;)

You ok hun
    Also didn’t realise Oxford got knocked out, guess it’s @GoodnightIrene on the treble hunt with us

We didn't play too bad apparently.

Adebayo missed another penalty :joy:
  • Hicksy2011
    16902 posts World Class
    Yeh from what I saw you were pretty decent
    We have pretty good depth so even with a lot of changes still meant guys like Mac, Evans and Marquis coming in, good test for your boys
  • BristolMDF
    1258 posts Professional
    Looks like Nketiah to Forest then.
  • Hicksy2011
    16902 posts World Class
    Salford have racked up 2.5m of debt so far this season in return for 12th in league 2, what a shambles that club is
  • james2060
    Oxford making the best midfield in the league even better
  • Dizzy Bala
    3839 posts National Call-Up
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Looks like Nketiah to Forest then.
    Could be, only thing that might scupper it is that Grabban is our main striker, although it would be nice to take him off and give a striker that has a bit of threat about him a go.

Apparently Gayle would cost a million in wages between now and May. WTF.
  • iHilarious
    13294 posts Has That Special Something
    james2060 wrote: »
    Oxford making the best midfield in the league even better

Just hope it doesn’t mean a departure. Don’t know a whole lot about him to be fair
  • WFCBagnall
    78798 posts Moderator
    Salford have racked up 2.5m of debt so far this season in return for 12th in league 2, what a shambles that club is

Doesn't help them not even getting 2,000 home fans per game yet paying Rooney 6k a week, Towell is probably on a decent wage and theres probably others on decent money as well.

Really good away day though, absolutely nothing around the ground though :joy:
  • Hicksy2011
    16902 posts World Class

This is actual top end league one defending
  • BristolMDF
    1258 posts Professional

This is actual top end league one defending

And still better than Phil Jones
  • iHilarious
    Looks like Marcus Browne coming in on loan - getting even stronger

Was decent enough last season but don’t think he’s had much of a look in? @ Boro fans x 2
  • AtomicOdin
    1161 posts Professional
    recalled Doyle from Swindon. Their fans dont seem to be taking it too well :D They seem to think we will let him rejoin them on loan again before Friday. We would be mad to let him rejoin a promotion rival on loan after he scored 23 in 22 for them.

Will be very surprised if he manages to score more than 5 for us for the rest of the season. We seem to favour defense over attack and anti football tactics. How the hell we are 4th in this league is beyond me. League 2 is shocking.
  • wheelerdeeler
    At least we won't be the first televised 9-0 of the season.
  • iHilarious
  • Hicksy2011
    16902 posts World Class
    How’s Gary Madine these days?
    Too good to drop to league 1?
    Pitman going out the door for us so a big wage ST hole looks likely to open up just as he gets released
  • james2060
    @iHilarious Heard how much Atkinson was signed for? We had a bid accepted, but your lot came in with a higher bid which Eastleigh told us to match, so we told them to do one.
  • BristolMDF
    1258 posts Professional
    How’s Gary Madine these days?
    Too good to drop to league 1?

Probably thinks he is but no :lol:
  • They Caged Non
    6257 posts Big Money Move
    iHilarious wrote: »

Was decent enough last season but don’t think he’s had much of a look in? @ Boro fans x 2

Started with a bang at Luton then flattered to deceive and the stupid red card was the nail in the coffin I think.. there is 100% a player in there so hopefully you lot can bring it out for us.
  • AaronMFC
    1875 posts Play-Off Hero
    iHilarious wrote: »

Odd flash were hes looked alright as an impact sub but generally hes been absolutely dreadful every time hes started hes been awful. When he got subbed on against swansea he got booked for diving after a min then got a straight red about 10 mins later for the most blatant red ever. Hes young so hopefully calms down and improves but after Swansea im glad hes going it seemed he was determined he was going off so went all in to make it a brutal red card challenge a 3 game ban was generous.
  • NornIron
    13800 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 10
    Kyle Lafferty signing for Sunderland , Liam Boyce maybe too, imo Lafferty is finished.
    Jordan Jones wanted by Stoke but don't think Rangers want to sell.
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • wheelerdeeler
    Been announced as the 29th of January and then the 22nd of January all in the space of about 2 hours. Good thing most (if not all) of the fans going to the game won't need to book trains in advance.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Does that Huddersfield fan still post on here? Just seen we've been linked with Kongolo.
  • strings79
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    Does that Huddersfield fan still post on here? Just seen we've been linked with Kongolo.

take him hes a snake pal dont get me wrong class on his day but his attitude stinks
  • strings79
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Lard_Lad Richard Stearman is he past it or is he still half decent? just signed for us
  • wheelerdeeler
    strings79 wrote: »

take him hes a snake pal dont get me wrong class on his day but his attitude stinks

Could only see it being a Loan + Option if we did sign him, so it would be pretty low risk for us.

Think if we did sign him we'd switch to a 3 as well with him as the LCB, and that would probably suit all of our defenders including Bryan and Christie so I'd take the chance on him.