POTM Suarez - untradeable packs

TheMightyBee
4046 posts National Call-Up
edited January 2020
More untradeable packs.

Not exactly fair on people when others did the previous POTM cards and got tradeable packs.

Comments

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    I've a feeling all player SBCs going forward will have untradable packs now. FB Neuer is the same.
  • deejay85
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wish they’d been untradeable all year as I wouldn’t have wasted all my coins doing pointless player sbcs.

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    deejay85 wrote: »
    Wish they’d been untradeable all year as I wouldn’t have wasted all my coins doing pointless player sbcs.

Will definitely make me think twice about doing another player SBC as most of the time I do them because they offer good tradable packs to bring the cost down. If they're going to give untradables and price SBCs the same or more than they would cost on the market then it sort of defeats the purpose of them.
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    Its is extremely annoying.. They are really trying to force people to spend cash on this game.. Unless you buy fp, you aint getting tradable packs..

Give us a choice like in rivals. Untradable x 2 or just the regular tradables
  • TheMightyBee
    4046 posts National Call-Up

Packs are so rubbish anyway it's unreal they have changed this, it really sums up the measures they will go to.

It's honestly not fair to people wanting to do these cards now, they are being treated differently.
  • deejay85

Will definitely make me think twice about doing another player SBC as most of the time I do them because they offer good tradable packs to bring the cost down. If they're going to give untradables and price SBCs the same or more than they would cost on the market then it sort of defeats the purpose of them.

That’s exactly it mate. The % of sbcs worth doing would be so small as they would be as big a money pit as the packs. They know loads are addicted to packs so will do them regardless though.

• pathetic decision
  • DannySTFC
    9674 posts League Winner
    People are just going to do less SBCs now which is the opposite of what EA want, don’t they realise that?
  • deejay85

Packs are so rubbish anyway it's unreal they have changed this, it really sums up the measures they will go to.

It's honestly not fair to people wanting to do these cards now, they are being treated differently.

I agree with you for sure. Seems to be made as difficult as possible for all the Christmas players.

People would be far better off going on futbin and seeing the cost of each league team sbc and doing the ones the pack is worth more then the expense of doing them.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    People are just going to do less SBCs now which is the opposite of what EA want, don’t they realise that?

Sometimes they really are clueless. I know they already make enough money from this game but they could be making so much more.

Fix the servers and make packs worthwhile and I can guarantee that FP sales will go through the roof. Not expecting Icons every pack but the way it is now it just makes no sense whatsoever to buy packs especially with the state the game is in.
  • DannySTFC
    9674 posts League Winner
    DannySTFC wrote: »

Sometimes they really are clueless. I know they already make enough money from this game but they could be making so much more.

Fix the servers and make packs worthwhile and I can guarantee that FP sales will go through the roof. Not expecting Icons every pack but the way it is now it just makes no sense whatsoever to buy packs especially with the state the game is in.

Sometimes I’ll just do a player SBC mainly for the packs. I’ll be like ‘this card doesn’t fit my team but I might use him off the bench or for objectives, shall I do it or not? ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it I’ll do it at least I’ll get some packs back too’ but now for those exact same SBCs I’ll look at them and go nope, untradable packs ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that.
  • Hubbabubba
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wow, wanted to do him even if i have totgs Benzema and untradable Griezmann, but this untradable pack bs made me change my mind.
    Such a stupid decision by EA.
  • MuzzaLUFC
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2020
    If the packs are untradeable they could atleast make them rare mega’s atleast. What a joke
  • RileyD
    2293 posts Fans' Favourite
    I run a La Liga team so I would have done this if it wasnt for the untradeable packs!
  • Guvnor
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    I did him, for his price I thought I’d give him a go, slapped a hunter on him, still slow as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and turns like a bus, very disappointed, his finishing is op but the game just doesn't suit these cards, another card to sit in my club
  • Jpo41
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    Guvnor wrote: »
    I did him, for his price I thought I’d give him a go, slapped a hunter on him, still slow as **** and turns like a bus, very disappointed, his finishing is op but the game just doesn't suit these cards, another card to sit in my club

Just like POTM Lewa.....it is so sad
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    More untradeable packs.

Not exactly fair on people when others did the previous POTM cards and got tradeable packs.

Awful. SBCs are the only things keeping me going and if they are going to be untradeable that will end.
  • PaulDr
    3546 posts National Call-Up
    This sends out all the wrong messages when the spotlight of a number of countries is on loot box systems. Really poor move. It is arrogant if nothing else.
  • Blackbird10
    1289 posts Professional
    I'd rather have good untradeable packs than trash tradeable packs from SBCs.
  • Paul9619
    720 posts Semi-Pro

This! You are all carrying on like you would have got something good out of the packs. Lets be honest you would have got a board at best.
  • King_Cantona77
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    Paul9619 wrote: »

This! You are all carrying on like you would have got something good out of the packs. Lets be honest you would have got a board at best.

But if it's tradeable and you don't want it at least you can make some coin from the items you don't want. With untradeables you're stuck waiting for a SBC you want to do.
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2020
    The only problem is, premium electrum and small rare gold (for Neuer) are not good packs by any stretch of imagination. Suarez is also bad. They're exactly the same as tradable would be.

I guess I was wrong thinking EA will make untradable packs only for re-released SBCs to cut down the cost, and make up for the people who did them the first time around.

But now it's kind of lame. Re-releasing and recycling content, untradable packs, and overall such a high cost of having a card with pretty dynamic picture.