The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Lard_Lad
    12710 posts Has That Special Something
    Damn Liverpool are good. Can’t believe we’re only one down.
  • They Caged Non
    6133 posts Big Money Move
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    why is a Fulham fan playing spot the tory

Fulham's a Labour(ish) area I'll have you know (believe it or not). And where I live is Lib Dem.
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    To be fair I think that’s just his feeling about all foods

Wow

Where I live is very much labour btw x

I was born in full on Tory North Yorkshire, William Hague... now live in the previous Labour Heartland that Tony Blair had as his constituency and now thanks to Corbyn that’s Tory too (for first time like 100yrs).. in fact it’s so significant that BJ (apt nickname) came straight up here to gloat the day after the election.

Anyway @AaronMFC will tell you that the only math day food is a parmo in a bun

• They Caged Non
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Damn Liverpool are good. Can’t believe we’re only one down.

Gonna stroll the league, nothing to be ashamed of losing there.
  • ryan217
    2917 posts Fans' Favourite
    5TxJAm7.png

Can't wait to hear this every time Derby get mentioned now
  • Retro1989
    5085 posts Big Money Move
    Bet that Sky commentators box is all sticky from watching Rooney's Rams.
  • They Caged Non
    Sky are embarrassing, I hope we turn them over next week.
  • AaronMFC
    1800 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 3

Fulham's a Labour(ish) area I'll have you know (believe it or not). And where I live is Lib Dem.

Wow

I was born in full on Tory North Yorkshire, William Hague... now live in the previous Labour Heartland that Tony Blair had as his constituency and now thanks to Corbyn that’s Tory too (for first time like 100yrs).. in fact it’s so significant that BJ (apt nickname) came straight up here to gloat the day after the election.

Stockton South where i live is a tory constituency was disappointed thats the case. That is excellent matchday food often eat before or after the game though tbh im happy with a twix and a coffee at half time i have no interest in drinking the 'beer' at the riverside dont know how you can make normal fosters/john smiths taste so bad.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »

Wow

Stockton South where i live is a tory constituency was disappointed thats the case. That is excellent matchday food often eat before or after the game though tbh im happy with a twix and a coffee at half time i have no interest in drinking the 'beer' at the riverside dont know how you can make normal fosters/john smiths taste so bad.

Hahaha ive said this for years mate, they dont have to try because both those pathetic attempts at beer taste rank anyway, the cider is even terrible and they dont do Guinness (could at least stock some cans in)... the whole situation is grim. TBH we go in the navigation before the game and its just as rank in there, literally no care taken whatsoever.

Like you said though i dont often drink at the match, normally get a brew or Bovril.

And Stockton South will always be Tory, its too close to the RIchmond constituency and full of people who think they are mint/rich/upper class.
  • BristolMDF
    1104 posts Professional
    I can’t imagine there’s anything you can to do Fosters or John Smith’s that wouldn’t improve it.
  • iHilarious
    13239 posts Has That Special Something
    I don’t think Fosters is that bad.. certainly better than Carling and Carlsberg in terms of lagers
  • BristolMDF
    1104 posts Professional
    Absolute peasant
  • iHilarious
    Certainly better than the light beers as well - Coors Light & Bud Light is pure ❤️❤️❤️❤️ water
  • BristolMDF
    1104 posts Professional
    They’re all absolutely awful. Get some Leffe or Delirium down you ;)
  • Hicksy2011
    16343 posts World Class
    all about Corona
  • Hicksy2011
    16343 posts World Class
    I think Wilder is the only manager that Rodwell could have signed for in the prem where he actually has a chance of success
  • iHilarious
    BristolMDF wrote: »

Personally like a Hophouse 13 or a Stella
  • JamieC
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    Then there is me the weirdo who doesn't drink :lol:
  • Handy Andy
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t think Fosters is that bad.. certainly better than Carling and Carlsberg in terms of lagers

Fosters is the absolute worst lad
  • AaronMFC
    1800 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nothing wrong with the amber nectar.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7022 posts Big Money Move
    JamieC wrote: »
    Then there is me the weirdo who doesn't drink :lol:

One of us. One of us.
  • Lard_Lad

Personally like a Hophouse 13 or a Stella

A fan of the wife beater i see. Explains a lot.
  • Lard_Lad
    I think Wilder is the only manager that Rodwell could have signed for in the prem where he actually has a chance of success

He’s been training with us for a month now, wilder must see something. It’s a no risk signing, he has 6 months to prove him self, if he doesn’t get rid. If he does then there’s clearly a player in there and could be a master stroke.
  • They Caged Non
    Fosters is what you ask for in a deep voice when you first try to order a beer at 16.... its absolute pish water.

As Bristol stated there are so many awesome beers and lagers out there that you need not go near any of that mass produced tat ever again. Black Sheep do far better normal beers than John Smiths/Boddingtons etc.
  • iHilarious
    Fosters is what you ask for in a deep voice when you first try to order a beer at 16.... its absolute pish water.

As Bristol stated there are so many awesome beers and lagers out there that you need not go near any of that mass produced tat ever again. Black Sheep do far better normal beers than John Smiths/Boddingtons etc.

I rarely buy booze unless in a boozer so lager normally limited to mass produced for the most part. Can’t do proper beer
  • BristolMDF
    1104 posts Professional
    None of it comes close to a nice Rioja anyway amirite
  • They Caged Non
    None of it comes close to a nice Rioja anyway amirite

This man knows the truth. Or a nice Craft Beer, Single Malt, Gin, brandy, White, Cava.... i think i have a problem.
  • They Caged Non

I rarely buy booze unless in a boozer so lager normally limited to mass produced for the most part. Can’t do proper beer

Get on the Guinness mate, its the go to drink when only crap lager is on tap. If i was really struggling id prefer to have Carlsberg Export out of all the lagers but would probs just drink wine instead.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7022 posts Big Money Move
    Think it's a good indicator of how much I care about tomorrow when my main thought going into the weekend is "I hope us and Charlton both lose so the game at the end of the month isn't rearranged to a midweek".
  • Handy Andy
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    Adam in the EFL totw, love to see it lads