[suspended for now] Make WISŁA KRAKÓW Win Again!

Danimal5981
2505 posts Fans' Favourite
edited February 29
I've tried this one with FIFA 19 but did not get very far.
Better odds this time.

FIFA 20 (modded with FIFER Realism Mod)
9 minutes per half at ultimate level
FIFA Community OS sliders
HDGM7N7.png
09Sc1WO.png
Post edited by Danimal5981 on

Comments

• ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck with Wisla!
  • Danimal5981
    1jProES.png
  • Danimal5981
    cjuZ92D.png
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Interesting project. The squad already has some talent in and some youth scouts could help to improve the team with promising talent. Most interesting about this career will be how you will implement the current financial situation, there are financial issues so the amount you can spend is limited. Also, can the club deny offers for their players even if they might be under their market value?

For the Polish league, I don't know anything about it except Pelle van Amersfoort plays for Cracovia, your city rival. I've read an article he loves living in Poland, especially because he likes to hunt in his spare time. Poland could be an interesting country for players who in the Eredivisie who want to undertake a foreign journey but aren't good enough for the top leagues. With your Dutch connection sending a scout to the Eredivisie would be wise I think.
  • ElMarcos
    There is some talent in the squad, but it looks like a long way to go, before your team will be back at the top.
  • Danimal5981
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Interesting project. The squad already has some talent in and some youth scouts could help to improve the team with promising talent. Most interesting about this career will be how you will implement the current financial situation, there are financial issues so the amount you can spend is limited. Also, can the club deny offers for their players even if they might be under their market value?

For the Polish league, I don't know anything about it except Pelle van Amersfoort plays for Cracovia, your city rival. I've read an article he loves living in Poland, especially because he likes to hunt in his spare time. Poland could be an interesting country for players who in the Eredivisie who want to undertake a foreign journey but aren't good enough for the top leagues. With your Dutch connection sending a scout to the Eredivisie would be wise I think.

Well I've been living in Krakow 16 years now (I'm half-Polish). In fact, the character I play with this time is a resemblance to myself. And my uncle was indeed the head of Wisła Academy. I was asked by the club to show Robert Maaskant around back in 2010 and also the Dutch national team during EURO 2012 when they played in Charkow, but resided and trained in Wisła stadium in Krakow.

So there is a personal link to city and club. As for the Polish league. The level is dismal and that has to do with the fact that none of the clubs have real long term policies or plans. This, a country of near 40 million people with splendid infrastructure and stadiums cannot even get into the top 20 of European leagues (never mind top 10).
  • Danimal5981
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    There is some talent in the squad, but it looks like a long way to go, before your team will be back at the top.

Indeed, this one I hope to make it a long one
  • Stlducks
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    Really interested in this story because of your personal connection. I was excited about this project last year but I understand why you didn't go through with it. Hopefully the mods make this game more enjoyable and you can take off on this career.

I don't know anything about the Polish league besides what you have mentioned on these boards so it will be a learning experience for sure.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice to hear a little bit about the team there is it true about the team going into administration and Kuba saving them?
  • Danimal5981
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Really interested in this story because of your personal connection. I was excited about this project last year but I understand why you didn't go through with it. Hopefully the mods make this game more enjoyable and you can take off on this career.

I don't know anything about the Polish league besides what you have mentioned on these boards so it will be a learning experience for sure.

@Stlducks some explanatory piece is coming up
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Nice to hear a little bit about the team there is it true about the team going into administration and Kuba saving them?

@JoshDFC Completely true. He came back, he still plays for free and has become co-owner. However, the old people in power are fighting back leaving the club's (financial) future in jeopardy. If the old people crawl back, Kuba pulls out, businessman Jarek Krolewski pulls out, the city of Cracow will pull out their loans and it would be game over.
  • Danimal5981
    It's quite the read, but then you will be completely up to date about what could be the most balanced and most entertaining league in Europe. For orientation, I throw in the same map from the introductory post.

MAP of POLAND, Ekstraklasa 2019/2020
    09Sc1WO.png

6DZhaoa.png
  • ElMarcos
    edited January 2
    Always nice to learn a thing or two about a pretty unknown league.
  • DB1512
    I like the way you made a mix of history of the league and presenting the teams with their style and players. Most of the talents are unknown by me, I only know the Dutch guys and Kuba from the ones you mention. How are the financial possibilities of the other teams? A team like Legia, a buyers club as you said, how many can they spend?
  • Danimal5981
    Always nice to learn a thing or two about a pretty unknown league.
    I like the way you made a mix of history of the league and presenting the teams with their style and players. Most of the talents are unknown by me, I only know the Dutch guys and Kuba from the ones you mention. How are the financial possibilities of the other teams? A team like Legia, a buyers club as you said, how many can they spend?

@DB1512 Legia is the richest by far with € 7.5 mln budget. The rest varies between € 4.5 mln and € 2.2 mln
  • Danimal5981
    MKO6AKE.png
  • Stlducks
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    Nice detail on the league preview. I know of Legia but that is all. I like the league has competitive balance, even though the same teams usually win at least the competition sounds good. Unlike other leagues where one team is always 20 points ahead.
  • Danimal5981
    SRmTNg7.png

EKSTRAKLASA
    MDBYBIB.png

INJURIES
    iApRIhR.png

anecjyL.png
  • Hello Danimal, Nice career ! Not the first time for me, i was a member of FV at the same time as you. I had a Sparta career and you the Ajax one.

Good luck with you story, I will follow you.
  • ElMarcos
    A good start tot the season
  • Tesco
    7004 posts Big Money Move
    Mak a bit of a loss for you.

Don't usually care about career mode threads tbh but a big fan of the Ekstraklasa so watching this with keen interest
  • Danimal5981
    A good start tot the season
    @ElMarcos last only one game :disappointed:

Tesco wrote: »
    Mak a bit of a loss for you.

Don't usually care about career mode threads tbh but a big fan of the Ekstraklasa so watching this with keen interest
    @Tesco Thanks.
    Yes, Mak is one of my best wingers in my squad, especially given the fact that I play 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1 wide and defensive) so the danger has to come from the flanks. Maybe that's why I created so little against Lechia.

YAX4ukR.png

EKSTRAKLASA
    H4UNtfT.png

MANAGER
    OslxdvN.png
  • Danimal5981
    G1WIX3N.png

fowBETH.png

EKSTRAKLASA
    OzArjSU.png
  • JochemLFC
    11 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 6
    Is Lech Poznan still one of the biggest teams in the league ? Is the character the look a like of yourself ;) ? Nice update again.
  • Danimal5981
    JochemLFC wrote: »
    Is Lech Poznan still one of the biggest teams in the league ?

check HERE
    Is the character the look a like of yourself ;) ? Nice update again.

Yes, it's modeled after myself.

• Danimal5981
    JEf9Mpf.png
  • Danimal5981
    FRY7vdZ.png
  • Kind of Polish Mourinho ? If you can get 5.000.000 EUR i would sell him, maybe for that amount of money you could sign some Polish talents.
  • DB1512
    Realistic style of play for Wisla, but as you mention a bit anti-football. If you really are a Mourinho adapt you would play more experienced players, so for that there might be a little Cruyff inside you ;)

3,000,000 euros for a player in a league where the most wealthy side has a budget of 7,500,000 is a lot. With the current financial situation, is Wisla able to reject that offer if SJE won't go any higher?
  • Danimal5981
    Kind of Polish Mourinho ? If you can get 5.000.000 EUR i would sell him, maybe for that amount of money you could sign some Polish talents.

That was the idea, however the Earthquakes did not work along and walked out of negotiations
  • Danimal5981
    Realistic style of play for Wisla, but as you mention a bit anti-football. If you really are a Mourinho adapt you would play more experienced players, so for that there might be a little Cruyff inside you ;)

True, so there's some Dutch roots after all (youth over experience)