Genuine question - why are you still playing?

Comments

• Doub13emTee
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Habit / addiction combined with my own stupidity
  • Primofusion
    1061 posts Professional
    Building a top team is so much easier than it was in the older FUT editions, so my enjoyment is probably higher these days. Objectives, SBCs, experience rewards all never used to exist. Just wish I had more time to play!
  • DannySTFC
    4352 posts National Call-Up
    I love squad building, doing SBCs and creating teams. When I’m winning online or at least playing fair competitive games it’s enjoyable, when I play games where it just seems random and pre determined (see my last thread) it drives me mad.

It would be much easier to not bother playing but my untradable pack luck has been crazy. I’ve got Son, CR7, baby Cruyff, baby Dinho, baby Butra all packed. Also packed Messi and IF Varane tradable. Feels like a waste if I just stopped playing or if I only played offline.
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    Because it is slightly less frustrating/annoying than my wife 😂
  • Fifa was the only game I played, so I ended up selling my PS4 and giving up 2 months ago.

I stay on here (which seems to offend some people) for the real football section and for the bants..

EA have killed this franchise by their greed and its just not fun anymore. They pry on the weak and young and I'm not a fan of that kind of model. So I said "I'm out"
  • I think because we love football and that's why we play FIFA. I know it could be better and more realistic but it's a kind of football.
    I'm not playing SB and as less rivals as I can (just for the Rank 2 ). I am playing WL and I hope I can build a decent Liverpool team with (Gerrard, Van Dijk ect..)
    Yesterday I played WL and I had a couple of match which was full of small bugs (the ball went through my players legs and these things) I was 4:1 down but we were just laughing with my girlfriend (she loves football too) because it's just a game and somehow we managed 19 wins so it's cool sometimes we have just 14 wins but we learned that's the way how it goes. The only thing what we hate the cheaters (I'm on PC) and the no loss connection cheaters because it's so annoying cuz Ea could fix it easily.
  • MorroWtje
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Addicted to the competition and the chance of getting great rewards. I love football, and I guess cling on to hope that one day that this will be a fair, competitive game
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    i personally really enjoy this game

Word.

If you stop looking for excuses, you’ll a good game.
  • Colt_seevers
    1413 posts Professional
    Game is decent when it plays without lag (maybe half the time).
  • Wizbit81
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    I dont own any other game, Im a creature of habit. Sometimes I load the game up and think what am I doing playing this crap and turn it off straight away. I probably enjoy 1 game in 5. Its fully compromised, scripted, laggy horse ❤️❤️❤️❤️ anyway.

Ive won 320 and lost 320. Somehow I have only drawn 30????? 🙄🙄🙄

How is that even possible???
  • TDOF
    3017 posts National Call-Up
    because it's football...., PES is even worse somehow.....
  • barryw
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    barryw wrote: »
    Game is not so bad.
    Community is so fuckking disgusting. That makes the game bad and boring

EA are complicit in how toxic the community is.

Make no mistake they could improve the community if they wanted, they don't because the profit off of how it is.

EA has nothing to do with how people are acting in game.
  • limjitwe
    8205 posts League Winner
    Fifa is still enjoyable somewhat. 20 is way better than 19 for me
  • thackattack
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Am aiming to quit as its not really an enjoyable game for me anymore. Can never progress past my wl rank as the script wont allow me to. That is a sign of a bad game, why would you keep on playing something you can never improve on. Plus so many other games ive not played yet due to fifa that i feel ive missed out on. Will have to trade it in though as if i still have a copy i know i'll give in and go back to the pain.
  • mway
    1896 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2019
    I´ve deleted my team and I´ve created a new one to play against a friend that just bought the game. I was able to build two teams with regular players and I´m enjoying without the mental pressure of "I have to win" because I have Ronaldo. If the players do not move or turn ( whatever is the reason ) it won´t be Ronaldo that worth 1 million coins, it will be Ben Yedder NIF or Gabriel Jesus NIF.

Except FUTMAS all of them are NIF

Team Hybrid La Liga-Premier: Areola, Wan-Bissaka, Gomez, Eder Militao, Junior Firpo :D; De Jong, Delph (FUTMAS); Cazorla (FUTMAS); Shaqiri (FUTMAS), Gabriel Jesus, Vinicius Junior.

Team Hybrid Bundesliga-Ligue 1: Burki, Kimmich, Boateng, Hernandez, Schulz; Verrati, Goretzka; Draxler; Di Maria, Ben Yedder, Perisic.

After 3 weeks I´ve played a WL with these two teams and I´ve reached 17 with 4 matches left.

I´ve packed De Bruyne ( SOLD ) and I´ve just packed Mbappé ( I´ll play a few with him because I never did it but I´ll sell him too )

I enjoy playing both teams just for fun and facing my friend in friendlies.

Now with the money from De Bruyne, I´ll build a new Hybrid, probably between Serie A and Eredivisie.

In the end, I´m not playing FUT, I´m not looking for an ultimate team or meta, I don´t care objectives but if I like an SBC I´ll do it. I don´t care about Icons Swaps so no mess playing matches with players I don´t like.
  • GULAG
    621 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Been playing Fifa for as long as I can remember, I'm now late 20s.
  • YB_11_
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    Because I love football
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3501 posts National Call-Up
    I don't even try at this game anymore. I hadn't played WL for 2 weeks so decided to grind the 1000 points on Friday. My WL started well enough on Saturday and I went 6-0 then 6-2 then 9-4. I didnt care at that point about playing but want G3 rewards. I was quitting games when 1 down for easy wins and before I knew it I was on 12 with a games left.

I lost the next game 😂. First time I've never got into gold when ive gone for it. I just play the game in auto pilot I dont really try.

On the plus side I unlocked a gold desert eagle last night on MW.
  • Gogs
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I love football and enjoy making squads and coming here on forum even if i am not playing it. I am usualy stop playing fifa around February because i want to play another games but yes, fifa is my addiction. This year i played around 500 games. I didn't touched rivals for a month now, sitting there in division 4.
    Playing only WL until Gold 2 and SB until Elite 1.
    I am not playing because of rewards, they are trash anyway, playing only because i want to improve my game.
    Fifa 20 is far away from perfect game but It's better than Fifa 19 which i stopped playing in November.
  • Rickayt
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Game is not so bad.

Make no mistake they could improve the community if they wanted, they don't because the profit off of how it is.

Dabs
    Shushes
    Annoying celebrations

You sure about that bud
  • limjitwe
    8205 posts League Winner
    Rickayt wrote: »
    Game is not so bad.

Dabs
    Shushes
    Annoying celebrations

You sure about that bud

That’s the community
  • barryw
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rickayt wrote: »
    Game is not so bad.

Dabs
    Shushes
    Annoying celebrations

You sure about that bud

You don't have to use them, bud
  • D14
    3537 posts National Call-Up
    Because it's honestly nowhere near as bad as the community makes out, they just love a moan and this forum is the platform for it.
  • StalyVegas
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Game isn't to bad,
    I login, play some games and when I've had enough I turn it off.

I play futchamps when and if I can be bothered it's simple as that

Community is listening to people on YouTube who ain't happy with content, unreadable packs etc etc. This is the main problem with Fifa
  • FaFiFa
    940 posts Professional
    Still hoping that the delay and lag will be reduced.I do not care if there is more content, less content at this stage.Just need consistent gameplay
  • RexAnglo1066
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    I love football, and like the way i can express that through creativity on the pitch...as one would in a real game.

There's also the element of competition.

I also find a quirky by product of Fifa is an almost encyclopedic knowledge of footballers from across the world, or at the very least Europe.

It's just a shame we have to put up with so much nonsense.

But, until we get more than one game with all the official licenses, and more than two full stop, we aren't going to see much change.

Competition is the best thing for us, the consumer, and in reality E.A has no competition.

This has seen them become lazy, complacent, and we've accepted it.

Remember, E.A only have the money and the power because we give it to them willingly.

If we stop buying the game, or stop buying points, they will change...they absolutely 100% will.

Unfortunately, the masses, the everyday players who don't frequent these forums, and this is especially prevalent among the youngest players, are not aware there is much of an issue and have no opinion (or awareness) of things we talk about (lag, delay, terrible SBCs, scripting etc...).

Fifa 20 has been the most financially successful game yet; so that tells you the scale of the fight.