I have already had enough going for Essien

ItsWideRight
1138 posts Professional
Started today going for swaps

6 games played 5 draws 1 loss.

Seriously i would rather just get battered early so i can quit than play tight games all the way through and get nothing for it.

Why can't EA just do like earn 5000 Rivals points instead of win 4/5 requirements, that way you haven't completely wasted your time.

Comments

  • Arron xox
    4361 posts National Call-Up
    Because that would be giving icons away
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    I haven’t drawn a game for weeks. Now 6 from 7 today we’re last minute equalisers. Mixture of for and against me. Honestly, I’d rather just lose if I deserve too, it’s not that deep.
  • ItsWideRight
    1138 posts Professional
    Arron xox wrote: »
    Because that would be giving icons away

    How would that be giving them away?
  • Str8hii
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    Best box to box in the game by a mile
  • Illini McG
    1127 posts Professional
    The question is......by the time u grind out Essien in months......will he still be the best box to box midfielder? My answer is for sure no.
  • Str8hii
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    Illini McG wrote: »
    The question is......by the time u grind out Essien in months......will he still be the best box to box midfielder? My answer is for sure no.

    For the price probably only one i see being better is if kante gets toty but until tots he will be the best box to box
  • Navraat
    3672 posts National Call-Up
    These icons are only useful to casuals yet casuals won't get them

    good job FUT Economist

    well done
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    just relegate yourself.... i went from 2050 skill rating down to 500, best descision ive ever made.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    edited December 2019
    TDOF wrote: »
    just relegate yourself.... i went from 2050 skill rating down to 500, best descision ive ever made.

    >:) Overkill, you didn't need to drop that many points. I done them easily at 1000 skill rating.
  • Staxdoobie
    2426 posts Fans' Favourite
    Arron xox wrote: »
    Because that would be giving icons away

    It really isn’t.
  • Jimmyb83
    1163 posts Professional
    Squad Battles is soul destroying for me. My new plan is to go for Raul and Hierro.
  • D0lvl
    5017 posts Big Money Move
    EA will drag the tokens out so I think you'll probably be able to claim Essien by late February which by that time, toty, future stars, and whatever else promo EA decides to do comes out will probably equal or better a Prime Essien.
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    TDOF wrote: »
    just relegate yourself.... i went from 2050 skill rating down to 500, best descision ive ever made.

    >:) Overkill, you didn't need to drop that many points. I done them easily at 1000 skill rating.

    i just wanted to show all the little timmy's who got the game for christmas how bad of a decision it was to load up this game
  • IxToMxI
    8256 posts League Winner
    D0lvl wrote: »
    EA will drag the tokens out so I think you'll probably be able to claim Essien by late February which by that time, toty, future stars, and whatever else promo EA decides to do comes out will probably equal or better a Prime Essien.

    That’s incorrect, Prime Essien is a monster I bought him to see if the grind is worth it and he is absolutely quality. He’s in swaps and is still sitting at 2.15m there is a reason for that.

    Him or Vieria will stay in teams until the end of the game so really it’s worth the grind, I just hate squad battles it’s quite literally mind numbing don’t see why I’m made to play a dead game mode
  • D0lvl
    5017 posts Big Money Move
    Prime Essien shorter than Viera.

    Prime Essien less agi/balance than Kante.

    All three are similar defensive stats.

    https://www.futbin.com/20/compare/13208/43695/45

    The reason he is at 2.15m is because he just got released lol. He'll settle below 2m.

  • ozcs_69
    4883 posts Big Money Move
    if I'm playing someone that's doing the objective too and we are drawing, I always give him the win in last minute, I don't see the point that we both wasting our time, this community needs to learn to give and help more
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    Personally, I won’t bother this time round. Better players will be available by the time you’re able to get the decent icons and it’s too much of a grind. Quit at Carlos last time too tbh.
    It’s a good thing for more casual players tho
  • AlexBear012
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    what people want: get 1 token for play a single game, get 1 token after scoring a goal, get 1 token for applying a contract and every icon costs 1 token each
  • Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    Arron xox wrote: »
    Because that would be giving icons away

    And what’s the issue with that? You only get to pick 1 or 2. There are people playing everyday and still won’t complete it. Objectives are geared towards excessive gameplay and competitive gaming. No game should require you to play everyday for a objective.

    Objectives should be fun. The rewards should complement the game, the cards shouldn’t be game changing and it shouldn’t matter if people have them. I couldn’t care less if everyone gets the content. It’s a game.

    No one cares if everyone has the same guns in COD becuase it’s based on skill. I know fifa is not like that but it should be.
  • Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    edited December 2019
    Navraat wrote: »
    These icons are only useful to casuals yet casuals won't get them

    good job FUT Economist

    well done

    You’re bang on. I won’t get them. I won’t play the game everyday for 1-2 hours. That’s just unhealthy.

    This Fifa is the least I’ve ever played because most content is unachiveable for the casual player. Theres no point trying.

    It’s not even the difficulty of them. It’s the time it takes which is my issue. 6 tokens in 15 days 😮 yes it can be done be winning 2 games night or playing hours a night. Add in the losses and draws and youre taking a ludicrous amount of time spent on a game. Since when did a game need you to play everyday?
  • AlexBear012
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    Arron xox wrote: »
    Because that would be giving icons away

    No one cares if everyone has the same guns in COD becuase it’s based on skill. I know fifa is not like that but it should be.

    people already complain and complain about every team being the same over and over and you want it to become the exact copy even worse?

    i would agree about making objectives more fun, but if they become too easy then it kinda loses the point (in my opinion)
  • Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    edited December 2019
    Arron xox wrote: »
    Because that would be giving icons away

    No one cares if everyone has the same guns in COD becuase it’s based on skill. I know fifa is not like that but it should be.

    people already complain and complain about every team being the same over and over and you want it to become the exact copy even worse?

    i would agree about making objectives more fun, but if they become too easy then it kinda loses the point (in my opinion)

    My point is it shouldnt matter. I understand it does becuase this is Fifa and it’s geared around op players and competitive play. Some players don’t work in the game which is just ridiculous and that’s why everyone goes for the same players. Thats a big flaw in the game. That’s why I don’t think the objective players should be game changing. I think they should just be a bit of fun. Something to mix up teams with.

    That’s just me worried for the game though. It’s obvious people are fixed on ‘the grind’ or making there teams as competitive as they can be. I don’t think games should be a ‘grind’. They should be fun. competitive play should be left to WL.

    These objectives mean nothing to me because I play 3/4 times a week which I still think is a lot for a game and I still don't have time to compete the objectives. I have no chance getting them so I don’t bother. The removal of sbcs has meant I will never use the players I want. It’s now geared towards the people that play every night.

    People think sbcs harmed the game for casuals but in fact, it was the only way we could get the players we were after. Yes they were expensive but at least we had a chance to get 1 or 2 or even more. Now we have none.
  • Str8hii
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    D0lvl wrote: »
    Prime Essien shorter than Viera.

    Prime Essien less agi/balance than Kante.

    All three are similar defensive stats.

    https://www.futbin.com/20/compare/13208/43695/45

    The reason he is at 2.15m is because he just got released lol. He'll settle below 2m.

    I packed prime essien and had kante at the time after 3 games kante was gone hes superior to kante you cant really compare him to viera 2 different players but hes far better suited for box to box and his long shooting is elite while viera is hit and miss
  • ozcs_69 wrote: »
    if I'm playing someone that's doing the objective too and we are drawing, I always give him the win in last minute, I don't see the point that we both wasting our time, this community needs to learn to give and help more

    Yeah I had that mindset too until I got shhhhed down the pitch and dabbed when I gave away a goal.
  • ItsWideRight
    1138 posts Professional
    Arron xox wrote: »
    Because that would be giving icons away

    No one cares if everyone has the same guns in COD becuase it’s based on skill. I know fifa is not like that but it should be.

    people already complain and complain about every team being the same over and over and you want it to become the exact copy even worse?

    i would agree about making objectives more fun, but if they become too easy then it kinda loses the point (in my opinion)

    There are 20 different icons and can only pick 1 or two so its not going to lead to all the same teams.

    Getting 5000 Rivals points is not easy if you are not great but atleast you can wok towards it and not waste your time.
Sign In or Register to comment.