"EA SPORTS - It's NOT YET in the game" - FIFA21 Save Career Mode

QPR
8 posts Ball Boy
Dear FIFA (and EA Sports),

The World game is exactly that, a 'WORLD' game. I'll expand on this more shortly.

But first...

Each year, we come to play FIFA to immerse ourselves in as much realism as we can possibly extract and absorb from the next instalment of FIFA. No matter what country we're from, we are all unified by our love of football.

"EA SPORTS - It's in the game" is a motto that over the years has engrained itself into the very fabric of my being.

As each year passes, I see the World Game progressing and evolving into something better than it was the year before. So, I would hope and expect that EA SPORTS and the FIFA Franchise would want to replicate that if you want to stay true to your roots and motto that proclaims so proudly that if it's in the game, it's in the game.

We all know by now that that has not happened in recent years.

You have prioritised with money, over sentiment, and what appears to be personal gain, over the very people who brought you to where you are now.

What does this have to do with FIFA21?

Well, it's simple. Improve it.

I'm not talking about Ultimate Team (that can be fun for a little while, but doesn't truly reflect real life (not to mention the long term expenses involved in maintaining any success for what really is a fictional type of 'All Star' football game).

I'm not talking about Volta. Which again, fun for a while, and has potential, but still not a true reflection of why we choose to be playing football.

We play for the LOVE of the GAME. the REAL game.

And that can be found in Career Mode. Well, not so much at this point in time or previous years.

It's time to live up to your own motto, and your own standard, that if it's EA SPORTS, it actually IS in the game.

Please don't lose sight of the joy that playing Career Mode brings to people all over the world, who just want to feel like they are a part of something special.

So now to my original statement regarding "The World Game"

Let's introduce changes, and a fresh start to Career Mode in 2020/21 that encapsulates the World Game so much that people who don't yet play FIFA, or have left to play PES, or are not even fans of football, run to the counters next FIFA release date because you've presented something irresistible that it can not be ignored.

Is a perfect game possible? No.

Are you going to please everyone? No.

But if you approach FIFA21 with the mindset that you want to live up to your own motto, that it IS in the game, then I'm confident that moving forward FIFA, and Fifa Career Mode will be a huge success next year, and in years to come.

So, what changes am I talking about?

Here are some examples and ideas of the changes I'm talking about:

- Start by calling the next FIFA, "FIFA21 The World Game".

- Include more Countries (National Teams from all Continents ie African nations).

- Invest in making each competition around the world unique (eg music, stories, culturally relevant backgrounds eg pictures of iconic buildings etc... not simply changing a bit of colour but changing the vibe and the atmosphere so you feel like you're really there when you're playing in ie Germany, France, England, Spain etc.) Let's bring Career Mode to life.

- Include more Competitions and Cups from around the world.

- Ensure that there are no glitches and more realistic business dealings when it comes to contracts and signings (including signing current loan players on a pre contract).

- Have current, and new owners injecting money into teams.

- The ability for a Manager to request funds

- More unpredictability with lower league teams being bought by billionaire owners who buy good players. Let's see some lower league teams climb to the top. Let's take control of a lower league team and have our owner or new owners inject new money into the club prior to transfer windows.

- Captivating and relevant news stories about what's going on around the world.

- Continued updates to Commentary.

- Manager options to approach any team in any competition (we need more options. Imagine you've had success at a top tier team, and want to go back to your roots to a lower league team for a new challenge. Right now this is not possible.

- Manager's drawing interest from other teams from any amount of competitions around the world.

- More stadiums

- Please, new 'cut scenes'. Seeing the same cut scenes (eg subs) all the time, is repetitive. We need more variety.

- The menu layout needs an upgrade.

- The ability to choose whether you have to scout players, or simply have access to all the information you need from the Search Players menu.

- More search options.

- And so much more...

Overall, we need a more accurate portrayal of the world game. An open world of unpredictability, where reality meets simulation, both on, and off the field, creating a sports game that truly replicates the sparkling reality of the greatest game on earth, football.

Thank you for your time & consideration,

L.

Comments

• Jetwhitespurs
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    QPR wrote: »

The World game is exactly that, a 'WORLD' game. I'll expand on this more shortly.

But first...

Each year, we come to play FIFA to immerse ourselves in as much realism as we can possibly extract and absorb from the next instalment of FIFA. No matter what country we're from, we are all unified by our love of football.

"EA SPORTS - It's in the game" is a motto that over the years has engrained itself into the very fabric of my being.

As each year passes, I see the World Game progressing and evolving into something better than it was the year before. So, I would hope and expect that EA SPORTS and the FIFA Franchise would want to replicate that if you want to stay true to your roots and motto that proclaims so proudly that if it's in the game, it's in the game.

You have prioritised with money, over sentiment, and what appears to be personal gain, over the very people who brought you to where you are now.

I'm not talking about Ultimate Team (that can be fun for a little while, but doesn't truly reflect real life (not to mention the long term expenses involved in maintaining any success for what really is a fictional type of 'All Star' football game).

I'm not talking about Volta. Which again, fun for a while, and has potential, but still not a true reflection of why we choose to be playing football.

And that can be found in Career Mode. Well, not so much at this point in time or previous years.

It's time to live up to your own motto, and your own standard, that if it's EA SPORTS, it actually IS in the game.

Please don't lose sight of the joy that playing Career Mode brings to people all over the world, who just want to feel like they are a part of something special.

Let's introduce changes, and a fresh start to Career Mode in 2020/21 that encapsulates the World Game so much that people who don't yet play FIFA, or have left to play PES, or are not even fans of football, run to the counters next FIFA release date because you've presented something irresistible that it can not be ignored.

But if you approach FIFA21 with the mindset that you want to live up to your own motto, that it IS in the game, then I'm confident that moving forward FIFA, and Fifa Career Mode will be a huge success next year, and in years to come.

- Include more Countries (National Teams from all Continents ie African nations).

- Invest in making each competition around the world unique (eg music, stories, culturally relevant backgrounds eg pictures of iconic buildings etc... not simply changing a bit of colour but changing the vibe and the atmosphere so you feel like you're really there when you're playing in ie Germany, France, England, Spain etc.) Let's bring Career Mode to life.

- Ensure that there are no glitches and more realistic business dealings when it comes to contracts and signings (including signing current loan players on a pre contract).

- More unpredictability with lower league teams being bought by billionaire owners who buy good players. Let's see some lower league teams climb to the top. Let's take control of a lower league team and have our owner or new owners inject new money into the club prior to transfer windows.

- Manager options to approach any team in any competition (we need more options. Imagine you've had success at a top tier team, and want to go back to your roots to a lower league team for a new challenge. Right now this is not possible.

- Manager's drawing interest from other teams from any amount of competitions around the world.

- More stadiums

- Please, new 'cut scenes'. Seeing the same cut scenes (eg subs) all the time, is repetitive. We need more variety.

- The ability to choose whether you have to scout players, or simply have access to all the information you need from the Search Players menu.

- More search options.

- And so much more...

Overall, we need a more accurate portrayal of the world game. An open world of unpredictability, where reality meets simulation, both on, and off the field, creating a sports game that truly replicates the sparkling reality of the greatest game on earth, football.

L.

I don't think I could've said it any better myself...I hope they listen, but I fear your great ideas will fall on deaf ears...I pray that they return our career mode to an enjoyable experience as I'm over all this negativity, please EA listen and communicate with your community we only want the best for our game...
  • QPR
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Thanks mate,
    Yes, we can all hope & pray!!
    Bring on FIFA21 & a fresh start :)
  • Nothing will change in terms of Career Mode. They care zero my friend.
  • SpiritofOldwfc1859
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fifa 21 may be different as it could be on PS5 hopefully things like winter balls, more 3rd and 4th kits for especially lower league and smaller league teams.

Changeable weather (night into day) already in madden and has been for a long time, on and off rain (this was available in Fifa 99).

Or we can all hope EA start remaking Fifa Manager
  • fortizb
    60 posts Park Captain

But first...

- More stadiums

- More search options.

- And so much more...

L.

All your ideas are great. But I Will settle for a playable game. Wtih no game breaking bugs. When they fix that, then new things are welcome, and I do not mean things like VOLTA or stupid icon packs for FUT.
  • ArneMueller
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special

But first...

L.

Great Ideas but nothing will happen in Fifa 21. Your Ideas would requiere a lot of man power to implement and time to test it. And why should EA do such a thing in Fifa 21? As long as the Fut money still flows with this kind of a game, why make the effort?

I think they only learn if we dont buy Fifa 21 next year, and I mean alot of people dont buy the game anymore and stop playing it now, so that they can see that they overreached with ther careless approach.

As long as EA make so much money regardless how CM Mode is freaked up you will never ever see improvement like you had in mind.

Just take the time to reflect what stuff we already had in CM that was removed for no reason. As long as the majority of CM Player and Youtuber (self proclaimed "Gamechanger") do not make a statement we will be freaked forever.

I have lost all hope for Fifa 20 and you can believe me I will not come back to Fifa 21 spent 60€ just to see whats wrong next year. I'm almost done. 3 Month after release I played missly 25 Games had to restart the career serveral time and still waiting of the squad update (that the PC already has) and fixes in CM and Game play so thatI can enjoy the game I bought in September. I refuse to go back to Fifa 19 and dont play 20.
    If we all would stop playing Fifa 20, 19 or what ever EA would notice that in the server traciff perhaps they would thing about stuff like you wrote.

But they need much more negative press, on week of bad PR in September from the "Game Changers" and now everything is quite now (and on Youtube you have all this stupid "sprint to glory" videos as nothing would be wrong (Buisness as usual).

We are doomed :'(:'( and nothing will change that. (BTW perhaps I should play Doom :D instead jah lets kill something or someone)
  • Flipzflipz
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    CPU VS CPU is the only way to get a REAL feel of a real manager mode and if this was in place it would be the better than football manager 2019 for me.

Because of the realism of watching the players develop and grow plus the animations it would be so great to watch my strategies work in front of me.

Playing a 'Manager Mode' aint exactly a manger mode isit? Plus Simming a whole campaign is soo boring and repetitive
    We really need this update its been missing for a long time and many people miss this feature please bring it back for us die hard real manager fans.
  • Hello everyone, I would have liked to know if it was possible to make backup softing of different seasons in career mode, in fact I would like to do a season with the current scheduleand and whose players serve and make another backup of another season with my transfers with my favorite players. That I would make the list according to the different transfer periods.
    thanks in advance for your answers
  • Nothing will change in terms of Career Mode. They care zero my friend.

Actually in this case you are Mr_Get_it_Wrong, EA do care, they care about how much money they can con out of people, by telling potential customers lies regarding improvements they have made to FIFA CM.
  • QPR
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Just to expand on my original post:

- JERSEY'S
    I'd like to add that Teams need at least 3 Jerseys. Especially if we're not able to update our own. When you play with a team for long enough, you need to be able to add just a bit more variety. Especially when you're a lower league team with only two plain looking jerseys. We don't need to change the emblem or sponsors. That's up to FIFA & EA due to the legalities. But give us the option to change the Colours. Can't be too hard to do. Getting to the premier league with a lower league team and still only having two jerseys is embarrassing.

- COMMENTARY
    I touched on this briefly in my original post, but we need more updated commentary. I appreciate the variation between the two sets of commentators. That's a start, but it needs to be updated, and more regularly.

- NBA LIVE vs NBA2K (WATCH & LEARN FIFA)
    I know what you're thinking, what does this have to do with career mode?... But here's where I'm going with this. This is a lesson that needs to be learned. Once upon a time, I grew up playing NBA Live. They got complacent, now it's all about NBA2K. What was the difference? NBA2K paid attention to what the customers wanted and encapsulated every possible part of the real game that could be replicated, and they authentically went about simulating all of it into a game format that brought joy to the people who made it and the people who bought it!
    Yes, they expanded over the years to MTYEAM, but they have stayed committed to consistently updating all aspects of the game (yes, CAREER MODE's included), and not just each year, but throughout the year.
    When I look at NBA2K over the years, I see a genuine appreciation for their customers & fans. I can see a real pride about their work. A commitment not just to doing good business, but doing good by the people who want to be a part of the growth of their product. And the returns have been amazing.
    So, to the people at FIFA and EA SPORTS, let NBA2K be a benchmark. You can still have your Ultimate Team, and your Volta, BUT, you have to pay attention to Career Mode too. Give it updates throughout the year other than just bugs, gameplay, roster updates etc. Bring Career Mode back to LIFE.
    Don't be complacent. You have the money, and I'm sure there's people there who have a vision. Let them explore it. Expand, grow, and catch up. It's 2019/2020. It's no time for complacency. PES is on the rise. You have the resources to make FIFA a great gaming experience again for all lovers of all the game modes.
    You are in a privileged position right now. Don't take it for granted. DREAM BIG EA SPORTS FIFA, DREAM BIG!!
  • QPR
    8 posts Ball Boy
    NEW ADDITIONS...

1. Bring players out of 'automatic' retirement.

In NBA2K, you have a choice to give a player more time. Yes their stats might be declining in some areas, but a lot of these players still have the skills in other areas. There are enough leagues in the world where teams would love to snap up some veteran talent!
    There's some players who are still playing now that over the past years FIFA has decided that they're retiring. It's not realistic to assume which player is going to retire.
    In Career Mode, the player should be able to offer the 'considering retirement' player a chance to extend their career.

2. Add the FIFA WORLD CLUB Championship

3. Add more African Nations and include the African Cup of Nations. There are so many amazing players that come from Africa. These nations (such as Senegal, Ghana, DR Congo, Mali etc) deserve to be in FIFA. Football is a WORLD GAME. If it's in the game, then it should be IN THE GAME.

4. More Commentators for different leagues around the world.

5. Highlights from around the league, and other competitions taking place around the globe (with male & female commentary). Bring some life to what's going on in your career mode outside of your own competition. This replicates to some degree the highlight shows that are so prominent in our world of media.
  • QPR wrote: »

But first...

- More stadiums

- More search options.

- And so much more...

L.

Some excellent points here, anyone interested in discussing career mode and/ or making some sort of joint document, feel free to email me or hit me up on fb, instagram, sc, twitter etc: Deolu Fakorede or email: [email protected]
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    They've already come out and said they have big plans for Fifa 21 and beyond now they have a large team working on career mode. I believe they only came together in June this year, so it's a bit more promising. And obviously new consoles too, so a lot more power to play with.
  • DYL_26
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They can’t even get all the licenses for the top teams in the world never mind improve career mode. Absolute joke of a football game to be quite honest! @EA_Roger
  • V10Unit
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA needs to add the option to upgrade stadiums with club profits. I have moved up from League 2 to Premier League with Salford City and its ridiculous that I still play at Town Park in Champions League with millions available that I have earned.
  • Jetwhitespurs
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    We need 2K game's to start making a football game then things may change with EA... competition and it would be a rocket up EA's backside that's for sure...EA's NBA Live eventually fell to the superiority of NBA 2K so I'd be nice if 2K made the world game as enjoyable as there Basketball game experience is...
  • QPR
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Loving the comments ladies & gentlemen. Keep them coming, and let's keep expanding career mode into what it should be for FIFA21 and beyond!
    Feel free to add any more ideas I may have left out too :)