FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Kenneth8500
    317 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2019
    Most dissapointed for no Greenwood scan, or good custom.vThey know already last year he will be permanent in the senior squad. Good, faces for both Angel Gomes and Tahith Chong last year and also this year. But they didn't do a good one for a massive talent like Greenwood.

I will hate to se him score many goals for me in my cm with a face where he looks 29 years old. Lol.
  • Bonkertons
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Anyone know if they ever plan on doing a Liga NOS scan? IMO the big clubs should at least get the full treatment like Ajax did(even though there are still some glaring omissions like Tagliafico and Neres). Would make playing Liga NOS more enjoyable if Benfica, Porto and Sporting were filled with real faces.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5427 posts Big Money Move
    Bonkertons wrote: »
    Anyone know if they ever plan on doing a Liga NOS scan? IMO the big clubs should at least get the full treatment like Ajax did(even though there are still some glaring omissions like Tagliafico and Neres). Would make playing Liga NOS more enjoyable if Benfica, Porto and Sporting were filled with real faces.

We've been asking for Benfica/Porto/Sporting the last 10 years mate..
  • Bonkertons

I'm sure, but the fact that they just did Ajax might mean that they plan on doing more of these types of teams. Big clubs that are away from the top Euro leagues. I know they have this deal now with Ajax, but still. Maybe it's wishful thinking.
  • TeamExtreme17

I'm sure, but the fact that they just did Ajax might mean that they plan on doing more of these types of teams. Big clubs that are away from the top Euro leagues. I know they have this deal now with Ajax, but still. Maybe it's wishful thinking.

I hope so, Ajax/Roma were very welcomed star heads..
  • Kvnji
    80 posts Park Captain

I know Ajax is investing a lot in media related content. The starhead push probably came from Ajax themselfs.
  • Hi all,

Haven't played a lot of Fifa in recent years so pretty out of date. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere...can't find the answer to my question though and hoping someone on here will be able to help!

Got Fifa 20 for PS4 today and downloaded the latest update for it. When I play a friendly game the new Starheads show for my team but when I try to play a tournament (Premier League) they don't. Am I doing something wrong or will the new Starheads not ever show in it?
  • LuisGarcia
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    They can put all the starheads they want but if the gameplay still crap, the game will still be not enjoyable to play. Worst fifa in history
  • joe_canons
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    So hear me out when I say this. I have a strong feeling that we will be getting those PSG scans in FIFA 20.

HOWEVER, it may not be for another couple of months. If I remember, the Bayern updated scans were implemented in FIFA 19 on April 23rd. Those included Lewandowski, Thiago, Hummels, Coman, etc. These scans basically set the stage for what would be a Bundesliga treatment in this year’s FIFA.

EA may be following this trend to build the hype for the rumoured Ligue 1 treatment in FIFA 21. Not 100% that this will be the case, but I have to assume that EA likes to follow certain time-frame procedures for introducing new scans. In this case, I can see EA doing what they did last year and drop some new faces late in the game’s cycle.
  • TeamExtreme17
    joe_canons wrote: »
    So hear me out when I say this. I have a strong feeling that we will be getting those PSG scans in FIFA 20.

HOWEVER, it may not be for another couple of months. If I remember, the Bayern updated scans were implemented in FIFA 19 on April 23rd. Those included Lewandowski, Thiago, Hummels, Coman, etc. These scans basically set the stage for what would be a Bundesliga treatment in this year’s FIFA.

EA may be following this trend to build the hype for the rumoured Ligue 1 treatment in FIFA 21. Not 100% that this will be the case, but I have to assume that EA likes to follow certain time-frame procedures for introducing new scans. In this case, I can see EA doing what they did last year and drop some new faces late in the game’s cycle.

They added the Bayern scans as they knew they'd lost the license, same for Juventus and Man Utd (even though Corey said the PL still covers Utd).
  • DYL_26
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2019
    Mods are now able to convert PES faces into Fifa on PC <3

What did you say when offerred hundreds of modders custom faces for FREE, EA?

"We prefer to do things in house"

Well Modders are doing all the work you should be doing!!

@EA_Roger

Terrible company. Hope they go bust and PES gets all licenses.
    Post edited by DYL_26 on
  • Joebro94 wrote: »
    Been following this forum for ages now. I wanted to get this off my chest.

I really hope EA will one day outsource making custom starheads. Or maybe assign a team that is purely focused on making customs for the biggest talents and best players.

This face of Saint Maximin costed me 5 hours to make.
    07EAcYV.png

This is based on a low-quality image having almost no 3D software experience. Imagine have access to top-notch reference material and doing this every day. Professionals should be able to produced these fairly fast. And considering the amount of money EA make, hiring a few full-time 3D artists should definitely be possible!

EA wake up...

Did you ever finish and release this mate?
  • shrubb77
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    DYL_26 wrote: »
    Mods are now able to convert PES faces into Fifa on PC <3

What did you say when offerred hundreds of modders custom faces for FREE, EA?

"We prefer to do things in house"

Well Modders are doing all the work you should be doing!!

@EA_Roger

Terrible company. Hope they go bust and PES gets all licenses.

No thank you
  • dmur
    66 posts Park Captain
    Kvnji wrote: »

I know Ajax is investing a lot in media related content. The starhead push probably came from Ajax themselfs.

It did, Ajax said in their tweet about the new faces that they flew the EA team to Amsterdam
  • TomGold
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Why have they added only the norwich manager in the squad update and not the others? What is the point in adding 1 face. Bizarre 🤷‍♀️
  • TomGold wrote: »
    Why have they added only the norwich manager in the squad update and not the others? What is the point in adding 1 face. Bizarre 🤷‍♀️

Just started playing FIFA again recently and I'm a bit confused about the managers, are the real ones only used in Career mode? Cause I just see generics on the touchline in exhibition.
  • TomGold
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Onimusha78 wrote: »
    TomGold wrote: »

Just started playing FIFA again recently and I'm a bit confused about the managers, are the real ones only used in Career mode? Cause I just see generics on the touchline in exhibition.

Did you download the squad update? Because they will appear in all offline modes. But you need to download the latest squad updates.
  • Futbol22
    2005 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    Wonder if EA will make the effort now to visit Dortmund again and capture Weigl and Akanji?

They can scan Håland while they’re are it. We can’t really see EA not scanning him for Fifa 21, right...?
  • OptimusFawkes
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Futbol22 wrote: »
    Wonder if EA will make the effort now to visit Dortmund again and capture Weigl and Akanji?

They can scan Håland while they’re are it. We can’t really see EA not scanning him for Fifa 21, right...?

I’d be horribly disappointed if he still had his custom. Every new signing from an EA-partnered club should get a starhead.

I’m actually really glad he went to Dortmund purely bc of this. He was either going to Juve, Man Utd (both PES), Dortmund, or Leipzig. Best case scenario for me. There’s quite a few United fans here but at least there’s a silver lining
  • BlackMortem868
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Onimusha78 wrote: »
    Joebro94 wrote: »
    Been following this forum for ages now. I wanted to get this off my chest.

I really hope EA will one day outsource making custom starheads. Or maybe assign a team that is purely focused on making customs for the biggest talents and best players.

This face of Saint Maximin costed me 5 hours to make.
    07EAcYV.png

This is based on a low-quality image having almost no 3D software experience. Imagine have access to top-notch reference material and doing this every day. Professionals should be able to produced these fairly fast. And considering the amount of money EA make, hiring a few full-time 3D artists should definitely be possible!

EA wake up...

Did you ever finish and release this mate?

I think he did:
  • Futbol22
    Futbol22 wrote: »

I’d be horribly disappointed if he still had his custom. Every new signing from an EA-partnered club should get a starhead.

I’m actually really glad he went to Dortmund purely bc of this. He was either going to Juve, Man Utd (both PES), Dortmund, or Leipzig. Best case scenario for me. There’s quite a few United fans here but at least there’s a silver lining

I think because Dortmund is a partner and he’s a big talent it seems likely he’ll get a starhead even though EA’s given us lots of examples to the contrary.

Still would take Draxler, Akanji, Weigl or Paredes starheads first EA.
  • Futbol22
    edited December 2019
    Seeing as EA isn’t going to give us the PSG starheads for Fifa 20. If Paredes moves to Juve he should still get his starhead in Fifa 21. Hopefully since Juventus isn’t an official team it won’t affect new starheads.

Better Paredes stays at PSG anyway
  • fekir_in_debuchy
    245 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is it too optimistic to hope for a suprise FIFA title update with some starheads on New Year's eve? :D:(
  • BlackMortem868
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is it too optimistic to hope for a suprise FIFA title update with some starheads on New Year's eve? :D:(

Yes...yes it is 🤔
  • Bonkertons
    dmur wrote: »
    Kvnji wrote: »

It did, Ajax said in their tweet about the new faces that they flew the EA team to Amsterdam

Did they ever publish a list of who was actually scanned? It seemed weird to me that guys like Tagliafico and Neres were excluded in that update. Selfishly I was hoping for others like Martinez and Alvarez as well, but at the very least include these top guys.

I’m still waiting for de Jong to get his. Seems criminal that one of the biggest signings and an 86 rated player who is only 22 didn’t get scanned. I get that they lost Barca but still - he’s one of the best players in the world.

OT but does anyone know of a good source for news about upcoming face updates, or is this thread pretty much all there is?
  • rJwc4_5NKX.png

QcOhzCYCiM.png

qC8VuC40ud.png

tEVr6D-1rR.png

3-horz.png

^

pc
  • nao619
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Anybody found a way as a retired player to get the job you want straight away (not on PC)?

Be nice if you could just transfer the player to the team you want, retire them and then you get the option to manage that club. It could take forever, for example, for Zlatan to end up with the Man Utd job etc.
  • Futbol22
    Weigl off to Benfica...

EA should have added his starhead by now especially when garbage dahoud has a starhead.
  • LordBob
    80 posts Park Captain
    No update for 4 weeks. Great work guys.
  • TM1982
    657 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think it doesn’t make sense for them to do any more starhead updates until the end of the January transfer window now. So many people moaned about not being able to start a career they’ve probably given any updates a break so that we could start one. They now know no one will start one until the window shuts. Feb 1st is a Saturday so I’d imagine we won’t get a squad update until the 3rd earliest.