The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Handy Andy
    5837 posts Big Money Move
    @Handy Andy

Honestly the best keeper I've seen at the Mem in my lifetime <3

Class keeper, probably should have kept him considering our replacements
  • They Caged Non
    5292 posts Big Money Move
    Farlz wrote: »
    :D You've got me fella

You might as well just come back in full time now Farlz:) you are only going to be in the same position as me, Aaron and Wheeler where the prem becomes a nothing league and half as good as the championship before long, money aside I wouldn’t thank you for us getting promoted.
  • Hicksy2011
    14191 posts Has That Special Something
    I honestly don’t think Toney is a player that anyone should sign
    The fee you will ask for is going to be far too high to justify on a player that hasn’t even proven himself in the championship let alone a higher level
    Also just so crazy that yet another team isn’t going in for Marcus Maddison instead, bloke must have some clear deficiency that only comes up when people scout him properly
  • james2060
    2922 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't think Maddison will sign another contract here, will be interesting which/if any Championship teams go in for him. He has his issues, and most teams don't want to take that risk when you're paying 2 million.
    Unless someone offers something stupid for Toney, I can't see him going anywhere in January. I think we could get a 10-12 mil package for him in the summer if we don't go up. If we do, he'll score plenty in the Championship for teams to wish they'd paid for him. I think that's why teams will put in crazy bids next month.
  • wheelerdeeler
    6525 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    Just in general it seems like it'll be quite an interesting window for the Championship. Got at least half a dozen teams wanting that one Striker that can get them in the Top 6 and they'll all be going after the same people. Then you'll have people like Bowen and Eze who I could easily see being sold.

Said it last week. For us it's mainly just going to be getting the players we've got out fit. But I still want us to sign a Right-Back and a cover Left-Back on top of Hector.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3687 posts National Call-Up
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    @Handy Andy

Honestly the best keeper I've seen at the Mem in my lifetime <3

Class keeper, probably should have kept him considering our replacements
    Wouldnt accept anything less than 2.5m in jan imo
  • GoodnightIrene
    james2060 wrote: »
    I’m not one to make fair judgement on who’s better, but I want 2M for JCH who has only been scoring at this level for an injury prone 6 months so can only imagine what Peterborough want
  • BrentfordFC
    13010 posts Has That Special Something
    Don’t know if it was us or Hernandez going off after a minute but Leeds never got into a rhythm today. Good game from everyone including Parker. Genuinely happy for Onomah because he’s been getting a lot of stick and that should do his confidence a world of good.

I thought onomah was your best player vs us.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited December 2019
    Don’t know if it was us or Hernandez going off after a minute but Leeds never got into a rhythm today. Good game from everyone including Parker. Genuinely happy for Onomah because he’s been getting a lot of stick and that should do his confidence a world of good.

I thought onomah was your best player vs us.

2nd Half he was definitely. Think I said as much on here (might have been on Twitter though). Think the main criticism with him is that he's been a passenger in too many games so far this season. The thing all of our Centre-Mids have is that they're all exceptional at at least one thing. Cairney's got a wand of a left foot, Johansen has an exceptional ability to stop counter attacks etc. Onomah's just sort of... there.

But the flip side to it all is that he is only 22, and he's probably played more than he was supposed to because McDonald, Arter, Reed and Reid have all been injured at the same time (and Cairney was ill for Preston as well).

I'm not expecting him to play all three games between Boxing Day and New Years Day, but with the games we've got, and the fact he's just scored a winner against Leeds to hopefully give him some confidence he's at least got a bit of a platform to build on now.
  • They Caged Non
    Our deluded fans have gone from great win and 6 points clear of relegation to sack Woodgate because we are 5 points from relegation in the space of two days. We have one of the worst sets of fans in the country and at the moment we get the club they deserve.
  • AaronMFC
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dont thing george friend has ever played as a rb for us if hes not the lb he cant be in the squad.
  • They Caged Non
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Interesting team, looking at the comments you would think Taarabt was Messi.
  • GoodnightIrene
    Both Billy Sharp and Jordan Rhodes over Rickie Lambert?

Ok then.
  • They Caged Non
    edited December 2019
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Dont thing george friend has ever played as a rb for us if hes not the lb he cant be in the squad.

I think its similar to TOTY where they just pick 4 defenders, or at least i hope it is.

He has to be pretty much the longest serving player in the league too isnt he? play off final, promotion, FA cup runs etc, team of the year once or twice.
  • AaronMFC
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    AaronMFC wrote: »

I think its similar to TOTY where they just pick 4 defenders, or at least i hope it is.

He has to be pretty much the longest serving player in the league too isnt he? play off final, promotion, FA cup runs etc, team of the year once or twice.

yeah its just a daft set up for me id say he deserves the lb spot but if there putting across as a back 4 they should at least pick a rb.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited December 2019
    Would’ve thought if there was going to be a Fulham player in there (I know Knockaert isn’t there for his performances this season) it would be McCormack. Also Maguire’s in it for how good he’s become, not for how good he was in the EFL for Sheffield Utd and Hull. Must be a better option than him.
  • Hicksy2011
    14191 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2019
    The Taarabt argument annoys me so much
    They got promoted in 2011so he’s not even had 2 full seasons this decade :joy:
  • They Caged Non
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    The Taarabt argument annoys me so much
    They got promoted in 2011so he’s not even had 2 full seasons this decade :joy:

Also he is an utter bell too, hardly a great servant of the club that people would aspire to be like.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Just seen that Badou Ndiaye's going out on loan to Turkey in January. The League SBC dream is dead thanks to EA not bringing it out when we're nearly in January.
  • Handy Andy
    5837 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    Taarabt one of the most overated players going, had basically one good season in his career and done nothing else
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited December 2019
    Was useless for us when we had him. Looking back, our Summer window the season we got relegated (13/14) was absolutely horrendous. Stekelenburg, Amorebieta, Derek Boateng, Parker, Taarabt, Darren Bent and Elsad Zverotic.

And not content with having Taarabt (granted we sent him back/he left us for Milan in January) we also tried to get Ravel Morrison in the January window.
  • Both Billy Sharp and Jordan Rhodes over Rickie Lambert?

Ok then.

I’d have had Lambert and McCormack over Rhodes
  • GoodnightIrene
    BristolMDF wrote: »

Ok then.

Was joking chief he played two seasons in the EFL this decade same as Taarabt x
  • wheelerdeeler
    Would be very Tony Khan if we go into the window needing to sign full-backs (if anything really) and we end up signing another winger.
  • BristolMDF wrote: »

Ok then.

Seriously only two in the last ten years? Jesus I need a lie down and cry while I come to terms with being ancient.
  • They Caged Non

Ok then.

Seriously only two in the last ten years? Jesus I need a lie down and cry while I come to terms with being ancient.

:D:D

I bumped into someone I went to school with at work today and told him I’d been there for 22 years.. frightening.
  • GoodnightIrene

Ok then.

7-8 years since he took Southampton up, a madness.