The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• BristolMDF
    1245 posts Professional
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    The bonus you get when you play Posh is their defence is so leaky it makes a colander look water tight
    You’ll probably score 2 or 3
    Good to know, cheeky 5-7 correct scoreline it is!

Nailed it pal x
  • GoodnightIrene
    3895 posts National Call-Up
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    The bonus you get when you play Posh is their defence is so leaky it makes a colander look water tight
    You’ll probably score 2 or 3
    Good to know, cheeky 5-7 correct scoreline it is!

Nailed it pal x
    Should have known the top scoring team in the country would be no match for our Alfie and co.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7321 posts Big Money Move
    Don’t know if it was us or Hernandez going off after a minute but Leeds never got into a rhythm today. Good game from everyone including Parker. Genuinely happy for Onomah because he’s been getting a lot of stick and that should do his confidence a world of good.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Had a bit of luck as well by the sounds of it with the Penalty (and the fact that Casilla nearly saved it). But after Bristol City I’ll take it. Suppose it does balance out over the season.
  • BristolMDF
    1245 posts Professional
    Had a bit of luck as well by the sounds of it with the Penalty (and the fact that Casilla nearly saved it). But after Bristol City I’ll take it. Suppose it does balance out over the season.

Wasn’t a pen against us anyway :grimace:
  • strings79
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Think our players have fallen out with Sabri, another sacking coming.

tbf you battered us 1st half but the goal really got us going and 3 or 4 wouldnt have flattered us id say you will have a new gaffer soon.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Just seen the penalty incident again. Laughable. Championship Refs are genuinely horrendous. Can’t link it on my phone but it’s on Twitter if you’re interested.

I genuinely didn’t know what it was for at the time. When I saw a couple of people appealing I thought they were saying the ball had gone over the line, my Brother thought it was for handball and then it’s been given for a nudge at best on Bobby Reid.
  • Lard_Lad
    12737 posts Has That Special Something
    This premier league malarkey is easy
  • Hicksy2011
    16854 posts World Class
    Good response to last weeks disaster from us
    Glad to see I helped spoil the Posh game
    highlight today was when two of our players collided and the ref gave a free kick
    Think there were like 15 yellows, the refs match report is going to be longer than bloody war and peace
  • BristolMDF
    1245 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    Lard_Lad wrote: »

Imagine how good you could be if you were ambitious like Fulham and Villa :trollface:
  • Farlz
    8966 posts League Winner
    Not long and I'll be back full time fellas, bet you're all delighted at such news
  • Hicksy2011
    16854 posts World Class
    Also delighted to see that the Cardiff match wasn’t a one off
    The Leeds meltdown has begun
  • wheelerdeeler
    Farlz wrote: »
    Not long and I'll be back full time fellas, bet you're all delighted at such news

You’ve got the doing a Fulham derby to look forward to first.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Also delighted to see that the Cardiff match wasn’t a one off
    The Leeds meltdown has begun

Won’t lie. When Hernandez went off injured in the first minute and we get that penalty given for us which Casilla saves onto the post and it still goes in you do start wondering.
  • They Caged Non
    6241 posts Big Money Move
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »

Imagine how good you could be if you were ambitious like Fulham and Villa :trollface:

:D:D

Imagine welcoming Villa back next season, oh the joy.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited December 2019
    Think us and Villa are the proof that you can't rely on loans to get you up. Use them as additions to your squad, not make them your squad. Suppose we're slightly different this time around because we've got options/obligation to buys on all of our loans if we don't get relegated (that's the clause in Bobby Reid's loan) and the players still have both legs in the summer but for all intents and purposes they are Fulham players.

Villa fans are probably asking the same thing most Fulham fans were around this time last year, and that's it surely can't have been much worse and a lot cheaper if they largely just stuck to the team that got them up, kept the team spirit going and just bought Mings and a Striker instead of Abraham as their two "marquee" signings. Saw McGinn got injured today as well.
  • strings79
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    the scraps in the tunnel were hilarious too forest coaching staff mouthing off about Arthur Scargill ! wtf your in Huddersfield not Barnsley you utter plums. And how Ben Watson stayed on the pitch il never know mouthy ginger wazzock and a horror tackle as well.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3895 posts National Call-Up
    @Handy Andy

Honestly the best keeper I've seen at the Mem in my lifetime <3
  • BristolMDF
    1245 posts Professional
    Can’t wait to get spanked by Wednesday on TV :heart:
  • Lard_Lad
    12737 posts Has That Special Something
    The way they’re fans go on you’d think Norwich are the best footballing side in the world. Genuinely saw one say on Twitter that he’d rather play there style of football and get relegated than play like us and be were we are.
  • Hicksy2011
    16854 posts World Class
    Norwich a proper embarrassing club
    When we beat them in the FA cup last season all the journalists from their end proper threw their toys out the pram and starting tweeting that we would get relegated if we got promoted and stuff like that
    As for the style of play I actually enjoy watching your Blades more than most teams. Love the kamikaze style and it always intrigues me to see how the opposition try and cope with it
  • BristolMDF
    1245 posts Professional
    Wow. Callum O’Dowda summarising his whole career in 14 seconds.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited December 2019
    Said it during the season us and Cardiff both went up. There’s not a “wrong” way to play Football. If it works for the set of players at the club and wins you games then it’s the right way to play for the club.

Plus yesterday is probably our best win of the season and for all of the “good” Football we play we had 35% possession, scored from a Pen and a Corner and turned it into a bit of a scrap. Especially 1st Half. And literally no Fulham fan will care one bit.
  • BristolMDF
    1245 posts Professional
    What an absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️ joke refs in this league are.
  • Hicksy2011
    16854 posts World Class
    Never a pen that
  • BristolMDF
    1245 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    Horrendous decision but happens so often to us that it’s become the norm.

Appalling refereeing decisions in two key games cost us a playoff place last season but we don’t deserve to be anywhere near them based our performances this season so it’s hard to get too worked up about it.

Apparently after two strikers in Jan but what’s the point. We don’t create anything. Johnson hasn’t a clue what his best system or team is and we look a team of strangers completely confused about what they’re supposed to be doing. Absolutely no cohesion and the football is absolute dirge.

We’ve gone from having a mid table squad and playing incredible, urgent, attacking football to having the best, most expensively assembled squad we’ve ever had and playing absolutely horrendous, negative football completely devoid of creativity, urgency or any sort of attacking intent.
  • Farlz
    8966 posts League Winner
    :D You've got me fella
  • wheelerdeeler
    Wasn't a pen, but this tweet has made me laugh.