The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7355 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    Also, your DoF could never. If he does it to Parker to officially sack him then all is forgiven though.
  • They Caged Non
    6250 posts Big Money Move
    When you're at work bored and considering your life choices... then realise Middlesbrough are on TV tonight....ffs
  • BristolMDF
    1254 posts Professional
    I love that someone’s actually hand selected Boro v Stoke as a fixture to get the old pulse racing.
  • They Caged Non
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    I love that someone’s actually hand selected Boro v Stoke as a fixture to get the old pulse racing.

Yeah and the classic 'cold Tuesday night in Stoke' phrase, the person who created that obviously didnt think about this 'cold Friday night before Christmas on Teesside' fixture. Its grim up North, and more so than ever tonight.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Not complaining about us being a Saturday 3pm. But I will say I was genuinely surprised that us against Leeds didn’t end up on TV this weekend.
  • They Caged Non
    Not complaining about us being a Saturday 3pm. But I will say I was genuinely surprised that us against Leeds didn’t end up on TV this weekend.

Weirdly it seems Leeds are on TV less, now they are actually a better team.
  • wheelerdeeler

I'm assuming they're sort of "saving up" the Leeds games to show them when the games actually matter from March onwards. But still, up until two games ago it would've been 2nd against 3rd and everyone was saying it was between us, Leeds and West Brom for autos.

As I said not complaining though. Means everyone else won't see us get battered. In-terms of Championship games this is the least confident I've been going into a game in literally years.
  • BristolMDF
    1254 posts Professional

Well you’ve got to save something for the Netflix special.
  • wheelerdeeler
    They're even doing a Scott Parker interview when we're not one of the TV games this weekend.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Don't think I've seen a better half of Football ever. Can see why Sky put this on now.
  • BristolMDF
    1254 posts Professional
    Wow. Sign me up.

£1,558.80 well spent if you ask me.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/fly-with-wednesday/
  • wheelerdeeler
    Feel like that would be so awkward for the players.
  • wheelerdeeler
    This game can still finish 5-5.
  • iHilarious
    13287 posts Has That Special Something
    Big fan of Bury being last in the fantasy football
  • They Caged Non
    edited December 2019
    Massive massive massive win, huge... oh and that big time crank Ince isn’t fit to lace Tav’s boots.
  • AaronMFC
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    As soon as they scored i said game over we had offered absolutely nothing but all of a sudden we bounced back and played well. The first half will rank as one of the worst games iv ever seen they had all the ball and had no idea how to score. Second half seemed a good game to watch maybe thats just bias, the three points were the only thing that mattered regardless. Really like the look of spence, its funny we signed a lb and rb in the summer only for both to look well below the academy graduates.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    As soon as they scored i said game over we had offered absolutely nothing but all of a sudden we bounced back and played well. The first half will rank as one of the worst games iv ever seen they had all the ball and had no idea how to score. Second half seemed a good game to watch maybe thats just bias, the three points were the only thing that mattered regardless. Really like the look of spence, its funny we signed a lb and rb in the summer only for both to look well below the academy graduates.

Haha i thought that exact same thing, and all we seem to have done is have injured full backs too.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3898 posts National Call-Up
    If Plymouth could finish they'd have scored 4 or 5 against us, I'm very sure Peterborough won't have that problem, expecting an absolute pasting today.
  • Hicksy2011
    16875 posts World Class
    The bonus you get when you play Posh is their defence is so leaky it makes a colander look water tight
    You’ll probably score 2 or 3
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited December 2019
    Onomah still starting. Starting to think he’s kidnapped Parker’s family or something. Could’ve kidnapped Harry Arter come to think of it. Got Reed and Reid back though. Today is not going to be a fun one.
  • GoodnightIrene
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    The bonus you get when you play Posh is their defence is so leaky it makes a colander look water tight
    Good to know, cheeky 5-7 correct scoreline it is!
  • Hicksy2011
    16875 posts World Class
    Jackett vs Lambert today
    This is going to be an absolute insult to football
  • wheelerdeeler
    Half and half scarves being sold today. We are massive.
  • james2060
    2957 posts Fans' Favourite

Let's get it, probably end 0-0 now you've said that.
  • GoodnightIrene
    james2060 wrote: »

Let's get it, probably end 0-0 now you've said that.
    Well then.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4251 posts National Call-Up
    Wigan and Barnsley are comfortably my two most hated fixtures in the Championship. We could be playing like Barcelona the entire season, but whenever we face either of these two teams we turn into a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Sunday league side. Drives me mental.
  • Retro1989
    5252 posts Big Money Move
    Think our players have fallen out with Sabri, another sacking coming.
  • dannyboy
    12893 posts Has That Special Something
    Flipping ONOMAH
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4251 posts National Call-Up
    And in true Millwall fashion we lose it in the 94th minute. Dominated the first half, didn't take our chances. Fuming.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited December 2019
    Josh **** Onomah of all people. What a win. Parker lifetime contract please.