Copa Libertadores Thread

Comments

• Verdi42
    346 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EA_Andy Is it the teams from this year’s competition being added or the upcoming competition?

Ea andy left EA 😂😂😂.

Ohhh lol who replies back now?

Has anybody, ever?
  • Jetwhitespurs
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wake up everybody...your all getting way to excited for something that's in March next year...let's just wait till they fix the mess they have now and take stock of how the game stands at the moment...still full of bugs and to be perfectly honest still broken to Career Mode player's...so why ???? yes why get to far ahead of time, it'll only be another broken promise that EA is making...it's another way for them to sucker everyone into believing complete B.S...it will be just as much of a let down as the first 3 months of 20's release... don't fall for the B.S. people...
  • Carlitos7891
    46 posts Park Captain
    Most South American teams have never been in a FIFA game. Impossible to not be excited.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm rather excited. But mainly to play it on Fifa 21 on PS5. They'll surely add in more things to make stadiums come alive so atmosphere will be electric hopefuly. Guarantee no flares or anything but fans will most likely add a lot more to the drama.

Will be tempted to do South America career mode next year.
  • Azzabazza
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    I'm rather excited. But mainly to play it on Fifa 21 on PS5. They'll surely add in more things to make stadiums come alive so atmosphere will be electric hopefuly. Guarantee no flares or anything but fans will most likely add a lot more to the drama.

Same here. Hope EA finally include the FULL Brazilian League (Inc. Flamengo, Sao Paulo, etc.) and other South American Leagues (I.e. Uruguay, Peru, Ecuador)
  • Jetwhitespurs
    I'm desperately wanting to play South American league's too..but my point is how many league's and teams will be licensed, for the last few years no proper Brazilian player's in the Brazilian league..just frustrating..this year I can't play as River Plate..I know it's a lot to ask for but I'd like every league and every player, but it will never happen in a Fifa game..
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Azzabazza wrote: »
    Pwalie86 wrote: »

Same here. Hope EA finally include the FULL Brazilian League (Inc. Flamengo, Sao Paulo, etc.) and other South American Leagues (I.e. Uruguay, Peru, Ecuador)

Surely a mode like Copa Libertadores is a sign that EA are ready to dominate South America now. And you'd also think that teams would want full representation of themselves in such a mode like that.

Otherwise why would EA spend so much for the license? Unless it's FUT related to get more people in South America to play FUT instead of MyClub. There's always a reason.

• Tuzzi79
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I agree with you Pwalie ; Why would EA invest that much on a license of that caliber if you’re gonna do it half ❤️❤️❤️❤️?

The very fact that EA use Boca Junior, RIver Plate, Flamengo etc in their announcement when the first 2 teams are not name that in the game cause PES has their ‘rights’ kinda tell me that EA want to retaliate big on license that seems to be accessible thru that license. Again, it’s about time they react to the ‘exclusivity’ tendency that PES seem to want to impose in the market.

If that give them the right to some Brazilian teams, they should maximize on it. I don’t think they would get the full league, but 8-10 teams is better than 14 that have fake players.

I think they should get the full Uruguay league in the game and the top 4 teams from Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Paraguay and 2-3 teams from Venezuela. That in my opinion would make sense.

But again, to be seen!
  • Jetwhitespurs
    No it surely has to be done right with every team and every league or South American's won't bother...there will be huge backlash if EA don't show the same passion South American's are know for...true passion for the game EA...
  • KingShankly
    227 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just watch it will crash on matchday 2 just like the Champions League crash they have yet to fix.
  • DYL_26
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2019
    For all I’m happy about this I still won’t buy this game until juventus are licensed.
    I’ll also continue to be disappointed with the product as long as the champions of Spain and Germany have generic stadiums. Nice to see a fight back non the less. Bring on Fifa 21...
  • Carlitos7891
    46 posts Park Captain
    One year Juventus is not in the game and you’re crying. Imagine the pain of South Americans never being in a FIFA game ever
  • DYL_26
    edited December 2019
    One year Juventus is not in the game and you’re crying. Imagine the pain of South Americans never being in a FIFA game ever

I’m not paying 60 odd quid for a game with fake teams. That’s like paying full price for a fake moncler.
    EA sort it out!
  • Carlitos7891
    46 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2019
    Teams confirmed?
  • Carlitos7891
    46 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2019
  • fekir_in_debuchy
    245 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i'd still have doubts considering last year EA shown the Champions League draw with Red Star in it but they weren't (and still aren't ffs EA) in the game
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    @EA_Andy Is it the teams from this year’s competition being added or the upcoming competition?

Ea andy left EA 😂😂😂.

Ohhh lol who replies back now?

Apparently no one.
  • shrubb77
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    i'd still have doubts considering last year EA shown the Champions League draw with Red Star in it but they weren't (and still aren't ffs EA) in the game

And Tottenham are called Spurs in Fifa
  • KingShankly
    227 posts Sunday League Hero
    And Champions League mode still crashes WTF. I bet anything that Copa Libertadores will crash on match day 2 and EA won't even bother to fix it.
  • Carlitos7891
    46 posts Park Captain
    It says welcome to fifa 20
  • BGAlum
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero
    Open the licenses up... FIFA included. Let PES also have the license for FIFA and allow for actual competition. FIFA wins out regardless. The leagues win out and the teams win... and more importantly so do the fans.

EA grabbing all the licenses, then producing a half arsed, half finished product is just a glimpse of what they will do if they had exclusive rights to all the teams and all the leagues.

What good is having the teams in the game if the game is crap?

• DYL_26
    BGAlum wrote: »
    Open the licenses up... FIFA included. Let PES also have the license for FIFA and allow for actual competition. FIFA wins out regardless. The leagues win out and the teams win... and more importantly so do the fans.

EA grabbing all the licenses, then producing a half arsed, half finished product is just a glimpse of what they will do if they had exclusive rights to all the teams and all the leagues.

This.
  • YidArmy
    2556 posts Fans' Favourite
    BGAlum wrote: »

Because as long as they have the top players in the game for Ultimate Team, that's all they care about.

Ultimate Team literally makes them 100's and 100's of millions, they've got a license there to print money.

Not matter how bad the gameplay, under 18s and some weirdo adults will ❤️❤️❤️❤️ insane amounts of money on digital cards that have no worth.

When you have individuals literally dropping £100 a time buying worthless packs over and over again, lining the pockets of EA, why on earth would they care about sorting the gameplay out? They know these kids are addicted to card collecting and that's what they're delivering...'Ooh, look at this one mum, it's Aguero but it's blue and all shiny... If I buy 40 packs there's a good chance I'll get it...you know how much I love Aguero.'

Until the buying of loot boxes is stopped, I'm afraid EA really have no need to improve the gameplay. They're making more money than they've ever made out of Fifa and more people are playing than ever before... What's the problem????
  • March 3 will be available according to rumors.

But...
    any other news?
    any new trailer?
  • Carlitos7891
    46 posts Park Captain
    March 3 will be available according to rumors.

But...
    any other news?
    any new trailer?
    Where did you see this rumor ? Can’t wait

• Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's coming in March definitely, so right now any date is of that month is speculation.
  • Carlitos7891
    46 posts Park Captain
    March 3 the group stages begin. Maybe that’s why that date came up
  • Azzabazza
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    How would this work for Career Mode? (I'm all for doing a new South America CM once this update rolls out. Would the new licenced teams (I.e. Flamengo and others) be put into their respective leagues or just available via the tournament mode? (Would certainly love to do a Flamengo CM IF they're available to do so)
  • TeamExtreme17
    5425 posts Big Money Move
    I bet it's seperate DLC like the World Cup / Euro add-ons so you can't use the tournament, stadiums or starheads in Career Mode..