The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Is Messi As Good As People Say (In Game)?

Vanch
614 posts Semi-Pro
How good is he really in game? Is he a game changing kind of player? I've never had the pleasure of using him in FUT, due to his cost, but managed to save up enough this year and it'll be the first time I've ever used him. While I know he gets a lot of praise in game, his workrates being med/low really look like a downside. I'm aware it's how he plays in real life, but in game is it gonna be an issue? Is he gonna make runs, etc, or just stand around? I've almost been tempted to just buy RTTF Dembele instead due to the workrates, weakfoot & pace, but I'm not sure.

Comments

• MHoney1234
    10029 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
  • Guvnor
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you are pace dependant then you may not feel him, he’s quick don’t get me wrong but not dembele, rashford quick, but his runs, dribbling, shot and all round play is second to none.
  • Guvnor
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Try him in normal online seasons,
  • Vanch
    614 posts Semi-Pro
    Guvnor wrote: »

Not really gonna be the same due to chemistry styles, otherwise I would.
  • Vanch
    614 posts Semi-Pro
    If you are pace dependant then you may not feel him, he’s quick don’t get me wrong but not dembele, rashford quick, but his runs, dribbling, shot and all round play is second to none.

So he DOES make runs, even though he's got med/low workrates? That was actually something I was worried about, as I tend to play quite direct at times and to have a player just standing around waiting for me to take control of him in order to make the run, sort of goes against the way I play.
  • Guvnor
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Vanch wrote: »

Not really gonna be the same due to chemistry styles, otherwise I would.

Sorry, but what??? Mate, have one game with Barcelona on seasons and you will get a feel for Messi, Chem styles, position he plays will not make a difference dude, just try him out and see what you think, or ask a bunch of random forumers who most wont even of used him.

• Guvnor
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2019
    BFEEE03-E-11-C7-4-C8-D-9-C74-AE1-A485-BB5-C7.png[/url]

Just really wanted to show how I’v managed to get my coins to 0!! Quiet impressive no?? But also he’s in my team, I switch him to cam in game with Del p on the right, he’s a joy.
  • DangerZone
    979 posts Professional
    Messi is the game
  • Hammer316
    345 posts Sunday League Hero

Just really wanted to show how I’v managed to get my coins to 0!! Quiet impressive no?? But also he’s in my team, I switch him to cam in game with Del p on the right, he’s a joy.

That's a great team!

Messi is God in this game. Forget work rates he just does special things on the ball and his shooting will make you smile.
  • Dembele RTTF > Messi
  • GT500
    604 posts An Exciting Prospect

Talk about luck... great team tho
  • liamano123
    354 posts An Exciting Prospect

Weird flex but okay :’)
  • dittore
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Vanch wrote: »

So he DOES make runs, even though he's got med/low workrates? That was actually something I was worried about, as I tend to play quite direct at times and to have a player just standing around waiting for me to take control of him in order to make the run, sort of goes against the way I play.

Yes, he does make great runs. It's probably because of the very high base stats, he makes much better runs than Politano did for me. He is a better CAM for me than Neymar, many of his shots are unsaveable, Neymar or Dembele doesn't really have that. But for wide posistions Dembele is great too.
  • ozcs_69
    3745 posts National Call-Up
    i feel bad for OP that hasnt had Messi this year...
  • NinthFall
    838 posts Professional
    He becomes your tactic. It's like when u take the ball on him, he becomes the most responsive player ever and feels like everything around u just slows down and u just do what u do best. He's incredible
  • rukawai
    273 posts Sunday League Hero
    Try messi. His normal gold card is the best NIF rare gold card on FIFA20. EA made him special this year. Like how they made CR7 special last year with the headers...

Normal Messi and Normal Neymar gold card. Two of the best NIF rare gold cards on this game. Period