Why is this Game so bad, arbitrary and unsatisfying? Vote

Ballerson
586 posts An Exciting Prospect
1) Arbitrary referees -- even after the patch they still hand out idiotic yellows, miss major hacks and call ticky tack fouls.

2) Playing against someone who "tackles" you over 18 times in a game, no fouls called

3) Getting pks called vs you for air brush tackles when your opponent beats the $#R# out of you w the B button and nothing is called

4) outshooting an opponent & creating through ball & other creative great chances by over 10 shots yet they get cheap fluff goal to tie or win the game -- like a fluffed shot that your world class keeper somehow has grease on his hands and pushes it to the oppo striker for a tap in

5) your team just won't move, at all, no matter how hard you press sprint

6) winning and then all of a sudden you cannot win a 50 50 ball, every pass goes to the other team, you have no idea what the ball will do no matter what direction you point

7) winning tackles and ball repeatedly bounces back to oppo

8) playing an oppo who sucks, but who has 4 icons and 4 other 92 or higher rated peeps who gets one shot and it goes in because they have a 93 rated player w a 95 rated shot

9) seeing cbs run down your offense/strikers even though the cbs have max 70 pace

10) several 3 meter shots that a gk manages to stop and you somehow manage to kick right at the gk each time

11) not being able to control your player during goal kicks but your oppo can control his player

12) not being able to see the entire field and having a free kick in your own half

13) putting your defense on stay back and super conservative and somehow your opponent hits y and your lb is out of position and your opponent gets a lucky goal to win

14) playing vs people who won't admit they were gifted speed and online gifts

15) Totally wrong offsides calls that change the game.

16) through balls and the offense won't shoot but the keeper makes up 7 meters in a flash and you can't shoot no matter how you hammer the b button

17) hitting B to head the ball to clear it and your dude decides to foul instead of head the ball

18) hitting a to pass a header back to keeper and the cb dinks it or decides to use his foot and passes to the other team

19) How lame offensive header are, no matter how close to the goal or wide open, its like a box of chocolates, always a surprise where the balls going to go.

20) Feel free to write your own issues.

EA just for the record, I haven't spent a dime on packs and refuse to do so, just as I did not last year. Until you make the game less algorythmed out and make the gameplay more consistent, I refuse to spend any additional $$$ on the game. I spent several hundred dollars a couple years ago -- did it for fun -- but refused to do so last year and this year because the games so irritating and unsatisfying. The game plays like a great equalizer and rewards pay to play, not creativity.

I recommend you putting a dweeb who spent 5 million on his team with other dweebs who have teams within his rating...… when I see a 89 -- 92 rated team I know the dudes going to get a few lucky goals & its a joy killer seeing a dude hit 30 meter shots when I am working my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off to be creative a

Comments

• Fab
    19486 posts World Class
    guess u ain't ballin'
  • Chappy
    4730 posts National Call-Up
    I agree with pretty much all of these (can’t believe I actually read all of them), except for #8. Better, higher rated players SHOULD score more frequently than low rated garbage, even with less shots.

It drives me nuts when I draw or lose a game where I had more shots with Messi, 88 Best, and 90 ADP up top, and my opponent scores goals with Rashford and Sissoko.
  • Keano
    16608 posts World Class
    Servers are horrific to play a game you pay for... & the gameplay due to this stuff ends up with stupid bounces, ridiculous stuff happening & it ruins the experience.
  • Pietu
    7222 posts Big Money Move
    EA
  • Edu
    7118 posts Big Money Move
    I gave up play competitively.
    If the game start acting I just quit.
  • Servers/Lag compensation/whatever you want to blame it on = inconsistent, delayed gameplay = :(
  • Ballerson
    Chappy wrote: »
    I agree with pretty much all of these (can’t believe I actually read all of them), except for #8. Better, higher rated players SHOULD score more frequently than low rated garbage, even with less shots.

It drives me nuts when I draw or lose a game where I had more shots with Messi, 88 Best, and 90 ADP up top, and my opponent scores goals with Rashford and Sissoko.

Yes, at least that would be the game being consistent, a better more high quality rated player should be better on the field. I think that is fair and solid.

My issue is they should be grouped with similar quality rated team -- not necessarily player skill but team rating level....guess ea has to pick which one to categorize a person, and rewarding peeps to pay to play is financially in their interest -- meaning if a dude spends $300 to get a few 93 rated players and its fun for them to be delusional beating up on crap teams compared to their Galacticos so be it....

but for me, I refuse to pay to play anymore....and will look for another online gaming experience re football where like in fortnight (which I don't play) pay to play is only in a persons computer -- equipment - internet connection -- eas fifa, some dude can spend $600 and win....I find this unsatisfying and vote my displeasure by not spending any more $$.

• Ballerson
    Fab wrote: »
    guess u ain't ballin'

I know you, you are the dude who beat me 2 -1 w an Otamendi bicycle kick off a corner and then ran the pitch and scored off a deflection on the restart after I scored on you...…

Ballin --- that's funny. Do you own stock in EA?
  • Ballerson
    Edu wrote: »
    I gave up play competitively.
    If the game start acting I just quit.

I need to move to Football Manager...
  • Fab
    19486 posts World Class
    Ballerson wrote: »
    Fab wrote: »
    guess u ain't ballin'

I know you, you are the dude who beat me 2 -1 w an Otamendi bicycle kick off a corner and then ran the pitch and scored off a deflection on the restart after I scored on you...…

Ballin --- that's funny. Do you own stock in EA?

I don't, but I used to, as a matter of fact. How did you know that? Really great company in my eyes. They've really got something going for them. It all started a few years ago, browsing this very forum.

You see, I kept seeing people complain about Fifa 15, they didn't like X or Y. So then Fifa 16 came around and I saw similar names returning to complain about X or Y. And before you knew it, it was Fifa 17's turn and this process repeated itself! I thought to myself: "Damn, EA have got a good thing going here. They've got these same people complaining about the game be first in line to buy the next edition of said game!" Add that on top of the fact you've got the people NOT complaining also buying the game, and you've go a stew going. And here we are 3 years later, nothing's changed! Anyway, when I realised that, I called my broker and I told him to sell some stock and invest that money in EA stock.

Now, I did sell it off last year when there was opportunity for a 50% profit. However if their flagship franchises ever look like they'll be at full strength again, I'd love to jump in again. Would recommend for anyone reading to do the same. But don't forget to diversify, never put all your money in one company or in companies in one sector!
  • Ballerson
    Reviewing EA’s Stock performance, looks like a wise investment by you if you really did invest and sell as you claim, or it could be you are a forum troll that gets off on being right all the time...either way, EA stock has apparently doubled since at least 2015.

Thank you for reading this post and providing a good stock tip. If you have any other stock tips that are profitable, please do share.

• stylemonkey1979
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I took my heaviest beating of all time last night. I never quit out, and got beat 9-2. It was absolutely incredible. Other guy had 12 shots on target and 9 of them went in. I was just laughing towards the end. My players were so slow, passing all over the place. I had 9 or 10 shots on target, from good positions, and just bagged two of them.

Best thing I've done in this FIFA is learn to laugh when I'm being done over, and to try see what works for the oppo when they're clearly better than me.