Messi objectives are a joke

Comments

  • Dixie81
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    What so I can’t do it with my 50k coins....

    Outrageous
    😂😂😂
  • Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    So when you can afford 94 Ronaldo in 2025 by trading every day, the commitment will be well worth it.

    Or you could do the maths and work out that doubling your investment every couple of weeks would make it take a couple of months at worst.



    Umm...
    So 100k every 2 weeks..

    Target value is 7 million..


    After a month you'd have 400k.

    After 2 months say you doubled your profit and had 1.2m

    Then 3 months double again 3.6 at some point you hit a limit if tradesble items and flippable coins. But ignoring that...

    If you traded every day and somehow managed to double your profits every month with no losses and no life and started in September you would have Ronaldo by Jan/Feb 2020 at the earliest. And no one else of value in your team. Wunderbar.

    And let's be honest burger flipping for 4 months solid isnt a viable way for anyone to play fifa and get any enjoyment out if it...

    I missed the beginning of this conversation, but it's not that difficult to make anything between 500k to 1 million a week. I'm averaging that at the moment.


    Share the knowledge and if you already need 5 m on your trade pile to do it then itsnot feasible for the s erase.player anyway.

    Buy low sell high... It's cliche and derided by folk on here when people say it, but it's true. If you want to make coin, you need to put some time and effort in.

    Quick example: Monday EA released a UCL sbc... If you follow football you know that there are ucl games this week. If you're familiar with EA, you know that they release UCL matchups and sometimes a ancillary sbc that requires ucl players, you also know that there is usually a UCL objective.

    So changing your search filter to special and 600 max bin... You can buy literally hundreds of discard ucl cards that on the surface look worthless... Come the next evening you can sell those cards for 1k, or more. Depending how much you've used unassigned, you can make endless coins from that alone.

    It's really that easy. So with that knowledge you should be able to apply that principle to other things.

    The key is to find something else to trade with in between. I have something, as all traders do, but I won't share it because then it won't work.

    I don't really want to be researching who is playing and constantly thinking about Fifa when I'm not playing.

    Do you know what I mean?

    You don't have to... and you're deliberately missing the point.

    Took me 1 hour to do what I said on Monday.

    No, you are missing the point.

    Please tell me how I'm missing the point? You said you don't want to be researching who is playing and constantly thinking about FIFA. I literally told you a method that took no more than an hour...and didn't require researching who was playing who.

    Another example, Marquee matchups is always released Thursday, during rewards (and you can do this for as long as you like all the way up to 6pm) buy a load non rare gold players from top leagues for 350-500 coins on open bid. Sell at 900-1k at 6. Easy coins.

    So tell me again...how am I missing the point?

    Edit: I literally only have an hour to this method too because I work full time, and I easily make 200k a week from it.

    you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

    just let them be, more profit for us :)
  • Neal1982
    1136 posts Professional
    Do not understand why people are getting bent out of shape, its a 96 rated card, always going to be high end requirements.
    EA gave Vardy away to appease the sweat busters.

  • Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    Neal1982 wrote: »
    the sweat busters.


    giphy.gif

  • Andyh60
    1644 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2019
    Needed some objectives for it that's for sure, like la liga/argentina goalscorers I mean I thought whole point was playing the game and yes the direction taken in fifa 20 yet don't even have them for best non icon sbc fifa has had.

    Also ok actual requirements are ok but the 20 days bit is the more out of order part, at least prime icons didn't expire so could work towards, this is 20 days which include xmas lol
  • TheMightyBee
    3760 posts National Call-Up
    Dixie81 wrote: »
    What so I can’t do it with my 50k coins....

    Outrageous
    😂😂😂

    Don't be lazy, turn the 50k into 2 million. Only takes a week ;)
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Meh. Just another day of me not having Messi.

    Nothing changed.
  • Dixie81
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dixie81 wrote: »
    What so I can’t do it with my 50k coins....

    Outrageous
    😂😂😂

    Don't be lazy, turn the 50k into 2 million. Only takes a week ;)
    I have been trying, just not having a great time with my investments 😡
  • Warrrap
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    his totgs was wrongly priced by market, because of fear. Thanks to the sbc. It is well priced
  • TheMightyBee
    3760 posts National Call-Up
    Dixie81 wrote: »
    Dixie81 wrote: »
    What so I can’t do it with my 50k coins....

    Outrageous
    😂😂😂

    Don't be lazy, turn the 50k into 2 million. Only takes a week ;)
    I have been trying, just not having a great time with my investments 😡

    I never make coins with investments.
  • Sterve
    1108 posts Professional
    As someone who has quit the game I can tell you why this is priced the way its priced

    (here come the "WhY aRe YoU sTiLl HeRe? Brigade) 🙄

    Anyway, the quicker you realise that sbc's in general, are no longer for our pleasure, but to drain the market and sell more packs, the better...

    1. The fact that they made it for 20 days only, Insead of the usual month, means that they are targeting the "fear of missing out" people, thus meaning, more packs sold
    2. SBC 's this month are all La Liga based, haven't you noticed that? Because the league sbc is coming. So that drains clubs and guess what.. Sells more packs
    3. They've made sbc's more expensive, why? Because they want to sell more packs
    4. They took away grindable sbc's that gave out decent packs (aka icon sbc's) why you may ask? You guessed it, they sell more packs this way...
    5. They reluctantly released league Sbc's only because of backlash, what did they do? Made the packs back worse, because then people have to buy more packs from the store

    My point is this, forget messi's price, forget what you think your entitled to, or what the price of things should be. At the end of the day, everything in this game is geared to only one thing, and that's filling EA's pockets. EA want the elite players at elite prices, they do this by making packs worthless and sbc's for ridiculous amounts of IG currency. Alas... This messi sbc.

    The sad thing isn't just EA's greed, it's that this game has a 12 month cycle before everything resets again. So if your one of those people who say, "casuals shouldn't be able to get this kind of card anyway"... Then seriously, grow up will you. It used to be a fun game, not a platform for pro wannabe's to throw casino like cash about

    Remember that.

    On your point 1 i was thinking the fact they made him 20 days might mean toty starts in about 20 days.
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Meh. Just another day of me not having Messi.

    Nothing changed.

    But him back mate. I did. Can sell again at toty.

    Can't live without him
  • BorussenBernie09
    2092 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't need a POTM Messi with minimal stat upgrade and for 2.2 M in my Life. I'm 37.
  • Loco_kniene
    2290 posts Fans' Favourite
    This whole scripted game is a joke 😂
  • simlejh
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How many 89s , how many 88s , pmsl as no one is going to do the sbc as its near impossible.
    The developers of this game haven't got a clue what their doing and have ruined the whole game.
    Tally up most of the best players and they are between 84 -87 so good luck with 88s and 89s pmsl , bloody idiots.

    Were u expecting it to be a 200k sbc hahaha the real proper elite players will get him that's it
    No i wanted 20 objectives , score 20 headers , 20 first time shots , 20 vollys , 10 fancy shots etc , like i said i use garrincha so i dont need him .
    Fact is EA has only priced him for pros and not for regular players , a regular player will need to save from start to finish and still wouldnt be close.
    Now run along little boy.

    But this card is amongst the most premium in the game. It sounds like you think you are entitled to every premium card. Do you think like this outside FIFA too? Sitting and moaning at the people sitting on business class during a flight.
  • SignpostSounder
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Nope. 400 games. Don't even play FUT Champions. And I've been writing professionally about video games since 1999, as well as running my own business for the last 10 years. So if I can find a way to do it, it can't be all that time-consuming to trade here and there.

    lol...okay, so 400.

    The game came out in the last week of September (26th) but taking any early access etc...lets say the 23rd.

    Give or take it means the game has been out 80 days.

    That's 5 games a day, everyday.

    Doesn't sound like much.

    But, what about the days you can't get on?

    So, you miss a day, then another, maybe another, and that's 15 games you are short.

    But...what? I wasn't saying "you have to have played 400 games." I was saying that I HAVE played 400 games. Not the 800+ that you were talking about. Some weeks, I've played 1 match. Some weeks, I've played 50. Depends on how much time I have, what other games I have to grind, and whether I feel like playing or not.

    You could play 10 games in early access, never walk onto the pitch again, and be able to afford POTM Messi from simply trading your way up using the app on your phone while you were dropping a steamer or commuting to work.

    I don't really care what you think about the game's casual/hardcore leanings. I was simply stating that the idea that you have to have no life to be able to afford top tier players is nonsensical horse puckey spouted by those who think they deserve everything just because others have it.
  • SuperRob
    2051 posts Fans' Favourite
    Playing the game has never been viable for obtaining the elite players going back to fut 09. This year playing rewards you more than any other year but it wont give you the best players. It has always been a combination of playing and trading that gets you the best players.

    If you dont like trading or dont want to trade that is fine, but the consequence of this is that the top players are pretty much unobtainable. We could debate whether this is right or wrong but the fact is fut is partly a trading game and therefore an element of trading is needed if you want the best team. Both myself and @Knowlesdinho have given you easy trading methods that dont require a lot of time and effort but will give a good return.

    Like anything in life a little effort and skill is needed to obtain nice things. Accept this fact rather than complaining about it and your club will improve.
  • Staxdoobie
    2426 posts Fans' Favourite
    The Mane POTM just made this look reasonable.
  • Pewdiepie
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2019
    An sbc is like a scam within a scam..fut is a game where you earn/buy fake currency to "purchase" a player card with no real value only within the game. Then when a sbc comes you submit your "supposedly cards of value" for an untradable card of no vlaue at all within the game(market value not gameplay wise)...
    Even if you earn all the coins from trading/playing or worse purchase coins from third party websites/fifapoints ..any way you see it its a dumb sbc value wise..legit only the dumb good traders/rich/youtubbers will get this messi..facts
  • SuperRob
    2051 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pewdiepie wrote: »
    An sbc is like a scam within a scam..fut is a game where you earn/buy fake currency to "purchase" a player card with no real value only within the game. Then when a sbc comes you submit your "supposedly cards of value" for an untradable card of no vlaue at all within the game(market value not gameplay wise)...
    Even if you earn all the coins from trading/playing or worse purchase coins from third party websites/fifapoints ..any way you see it its a dumb sbc value wise..legit only the dumb good traders/rich/youtubbers will get this messi..facts

    Its not a scam, it gives you the opportunity to get different cards to fit into your team that you might not be able to get on the market. Some sbcs are better value than others. Flashbacks are good examples as you can get better players for certain leagues where options might be limited. The fact that they have no sell on value is irrelevant for some people. At least if you have untradables you dont need to worry about prices falling. There is no difference between buying a tradeable player at 400k then a month later selling for 210k or spending 200k on cards for an untradable player. Either way your coin balance has dropped 200k.
  • munchie63
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    How many 89s , how many 88s , pmsl as no one is going to do the sbc as its near impossible.
    The developers of this game haven't got a clue what their doing and have ruined the whole game.
    Tally up most of the best players and they are between 84 -87 so good luck with 88s and 89s pmsl , bloody idiots.

    can't think why they didnt make possibly the best card in the game an 83 squad with 1 IF

  • munchie63
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe, I'm missing something.

    I mean, I get it, it's all about the money...above all else.

    But, for the life of me I just don't understand this attitude E.A has, which sees them create and release players that, to all intents and purposes, 99% of the playerbase simply have no possible way of ever attaining.

    If any other game had important, sought after items, there would be an assumption that you could eventually get hold of them with a bit of time and/or effort.

    This, however, and things like the price of rarer icons like Fat Ron or Pele, remove that possibility for all but the most committed or coin rich.

    Believe it, this isn't something most players can afford.


    Make these type of cards, and icons, difficult to obtain, absolutely.

    But, don't make me put on an Indiana Jones hat and hack through a jungle clearing and navigate a trap laden temple and be chased by a giant ball just so I can find the ancient, rare, 46th variation of card that will be irrelevant in 6 months.

    if you play SB you can get 2-4 packs every week

    play rivals and get 6-8 packs Every week

    WL - red cards, packs, coins


    simply playing SB and rivals, without a slog, can easily get you 200k a month

    The card is affordable to a lot more than 1%

    a lot more
  • Wooly1203
    3431 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t see the point in anyone doing this sbc unless you’ve got loads of high rated untradeable cards. I liked when they used to release SBCs that kept in mind that the card you’re getting is untradeable, so the price reflected that.
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Kind of agree with OP. More expensive than the tradable. You used to get a discount for untradable cards. Not anymore. They’ve even watered down the quality of packs back.
  • CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    OZero wrote: »
    There is a big area between a vardy sbc and a fair value Messi sbc. Price it at 1.5-1.7 million. That kind of coin isn’t available to everyone. You wouldn’t see him in every team. And at the same time you’re getting a discount vs his totgs for taking an untradeable card, the way it should be.

    I agree with you. It should be one 89 team less.

    As a RW it should be 1 89 less, but if they had made him a CF, then this would have been right on. I also think that would have tempted a lot more people to do it, because as a RW he has many cards already and incoming. I think that extra 89 squad could have been the "CF Fee".
  • Swagster123
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2019
    lol you have to do so much objectives for a card you dont actually own. messi should be free why is he so much for game that last only 1 year 8 more months till 21 comes out yall gonna be complaining about the same stuff... just stop playing the game 4 years of horrible games 1 year isnt gonna change the game
  • Jonx88
    991 posts Professional
    edited December 2019
    I love how they won't do Icon moment SBCs last year because they are outwith the price range they want for SBCs and then release this nonsense in the same year they stopped Icon SBCs altogether, EA haven't a clue what their own game is supposed to be
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    lol you have to do so much objectives for a card you dont actually own. messi should be free why is he so much for game that last only 1 year 8 more months till 21 comes out yall gonna be complaining about the same stuff... just stop playing the game 4 years of horrible games 1 year isnt gonna change the game

    I agree with this. All cards should be free. You should be able to play with anyone you want. How I wish there was a game mode like this
  • xFATAL
    5307 posts Big Money Move
    No way you can justify this price when his TOTGS is better and around the same price plus the key part.......Tradeable.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3435 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    So when you can afford 94 Ronaldo in 2025 by trading every day, the commitment will be well worth it.

    Or you could do the maths and work out that doubling your investment every couple of weeks would make it take a couple of months at worst.



    Umm...
    So 100k every 2 weeks..

    Target value is 7 million..


    After a month you'd have 400k.

    After 2 months say you doubled your profit and had 1.2m

    Then 3 months double again 3.6 at some point you hit a limit if tradesble items and flippable coins. But ignoring that...

    If you traded every day and somehow managed to double your profits every month with no losses and no life and started in September you would have Ronaldo by Jan/Feb 2020 at the earliest. And no one else of value in your team. Wunderbar.

    And let's be honest burger flipping for 4 months solid isnt a viable way for anyone to play fifa and get any enjoyment out if it...

    I missed the beginning of this conversation, but it's not that difficult to make anything between 500k to 1 million a week. I'm averaging that at the moment.


    Share the knowledge and if you already need 5 m on your trade pile to do it then itsnot feasible for the s erase.player anyway.

    Buy low sell high... It's cliche and derided by folk on here when people say it, but it's true. If you want to make coin, you need to put some time and effort in.

    Quick example: Monday EA released a UCL sbc... If you follow football you know that there are ucl games this week. If you're familiar with EA, you know that they release UCL matchups and sometimes a ancillary sbc that requires ucl players, you also know that there is usually a UCL objective.

    So changing your search filter to special and 600 max bin... You can buy literally hundreds of discard ucl cards that on the surface look worthless... Come the next evening you can sell those cards for 1k, or more. Depending how much you've used unassigned, you can make endless coins from that alone.

    It's really that easy. So with that knowledge you should be able to apply that principle to other things.

    The key is to find something else to trade with in between. I have something, as all traders do, but I won't share it because then it won't work.

    I don't really want to be researching who is playing and constantly thinking about Fifa when I'm not playing.

    Do you know what I mean?

    You don't have to... and you're deliberately missing the point.

    Took me 1 hour to do what I said on Monday.

    No, you are missing the point.

    Please tell me how I'm missing the point? You said you don't want to be researching who is playing and constantly thinking about FIFA. I literally told you a method that took no more than an hour...and didn't require researching who was playing who.

    Another example, Marquee matchups is always released Thursday, during rewards (and you can do this for as long as you like all the way up to 6pm) buy a load non rare gold players from top leagues for 350-500 coins on open bid. Sell at 900-1k at 6. Easy coins.

    So tell me again...how am I missing the point?

    Edit: I literally only have an hour to this method too because I work full time, and I easily make 200k a week from it.

    Because, you effectively stated that if people were prepared to research which teams were playing etc...to stay ahead of the curve, and then invested wisely, as well as spent time on the app, then they can make plenty of coins...presumably millions, otherwise why mention it in a conversation about the cost of this Messi SBC?

    My point, in a nutshell, was I have better things to do and don't think you should have to spend time away from the game micro-managing your investments on a video game market just to get players that will be irrelevant in 6 months.

    Do I have to monitor the global price of wood, bricks, metal, and trade on a market, to play Fortnite?

    Am I researching the price of military grade weapons and investing in a market to make coins in my free time if I want to play CoD and have decent weapons?

    Or, do those games, and every other, allow you to earn any in game item by either playing the game or making a purchase in a conventional shop front?

    I'd rather pay a flat fee in a shop for a Messi or an Icon, or be able to unlock them via playing the game.

    So, no, I won't be wasting my time doing all the things you said and when i do play i want to enjoy football, not spend 50+% of my time buried in inventory management or listing 200 consumables at 1k each.

    I accept, therefore, that, short of the lottery ticket that is pack openings, I likely won't get to use those elite players...and it is what it is.

    It doesn't mean I think it's a sensible approach from E.A, or that it isn't an unnecessary issue.

    Surely, we all love football and we all want to enjoy those icons etc...and I have yet to see any reasonable explanation as to why it is so expensive and why we can't, like any other game, get to enjoy those players 6 or 7 months into the games lifecycle if we play enough.

    It's a video game, why not just let everyone, eventually, attain those players?

    That's all I'm saying.

    This isn't a personal attack on you, or anyone who agrees with you.

    It's my personal opinion, based on my own experience.


Sign In or Register to comment.