The in form Messi dilemma

Guvnor
2624 posts Fans' Favourite
So I picked up 95 messi last week for what was a good price of 1.63k bin, as it turns out not so good price after all 🤦🏽‍♂️. My dilemma is do I sell him now for a whopping 400k loss, or do I just hold, I’d like to do the sbc obviously but I’m not desperate to do it, I don’t think the plus one rating will be massively noticeable and I do love the card, what I’m wondering is will his 95 rated card rise after this months sbc is done? Or is it just downhill from here??

400k 😢. People have been hacked and lost less.

Comments

• ha032742
    48296 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Probably stable for a bit/slight recovery then downhill as TOTY gets closer. Sorry for your loss.
  • Guvnor
    Appreciated. This iteration of fifa seems to be loss after loss in truth. But I do have a great team, bah think I’ll just keep him, if I never sell I never lose lol. Honest !!! 🙈.
  • ccooaattssyy
    19071 posts World Class
    Everyone loses coins on any card they keep really, just been a bit of a spike for yourself.

Have a look at the difference between his UCL & IF card. 41 stats? Going to be similar for the POTM. If you enjoy him, keep him & rack up the goals and assists.

Hopefully the POTM is quite expensive & people go back to buying the 95 :)
  • Guvnor
    Exactly, he is a joy and one can only hope hay! Here’s to a 3mill plus sbc 🤞🤞🤞. Although......
  • BaseCamp
    2199 posts Fans' Favourite
    The 95 is approaching the price of the nif. At one point yesterday there was under a 60k difference between if mbappe and golf mbappe. That from a rarity and market perspective really doesnt make sense.
  • Realist
    3494 posts National Call-Up
    Everyone loses coins on any card they keep really, just been a bit of a spike for yourself.

Have a look at the difference between his UCL & IF card. 41 stats? Going to be similar for the POTM. If you enjoy him, keep him & rack up the goals and assists.

Hopefully the POTM is quite expensive & people go back to buying the 95 :)

That’s a really good point. People will have dropped him in a panic cos of the potm. Then once it’s released and it’s unreasonable then people will come crawling back which will bring the price up. Used to happen with some icons when their prime sbc was released last year. Big drop. Then in a few weeks it recovered. Just enjoy him mate. I’m jealous!
  • Waldog94
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    Id hold pal for three reasons
    1. In my opinion its very likely a special messi will be required for potm, they dont want everyone having a potm messi lets face it.
    2. As said above it past situations like this the if will rebound well people decide against doing the sbc for whatever reason
    3. Its a game enjoy with great players change when you want to not when you feel like you need to for coins sake, you will probably lose less coins sticking to this aswell.
  • Cadey 5
    14463 posts World Class
    I remember going into a @Pugzilla stream watching him rave about TOTY Neymar on FIFA 17 I think it was!

Went onto buy him for 2.8 million one month later he was 1.8 mil by TOTS 800k never could bring myself to sell him.
  • Ian_Ando08
    16526 posts World Class
    Waldog94 wrote: »
    1. In my opinion its very likely a special messi will be required for potm, they dont want everyone having a potm messi lets face it.
    2. As said above it past situations like this the if will rebound well people decide against doing the sbc for whatever reason
    3. Its a game enjoy with great players change when you want to not when you feel like you need to for coins sake, you will probably lose less coins sticking to this aswell.

Special Messi will 100% not be needed 😂😂😂
  • Bas
    1423 posts Professional
    Tempted to take the loss on the nif and buy the IF. POTM will not be much better and untradeble. I like the look of the IF. Price of the nif and if are very close now.
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bas wrote: »
    Tempted to take the loss on the nif and buy the IF. POTM will not be much better and untradeble. I like the look of the IF. Price of the nif and if are very close now.

Same. Thinking of doing exactly the same tbh. At least I’d still have a tradeable version
  • jpsblue
    13010 posts Has That Special Something

no messi will be required, let alone a special messi
  • Waldog94
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    Trust me ea will not make this easy and wont want investors to profit it will be either special messi or a lod of high rated teams with informs along with the full spanish league
  • SuperRob
    2051 posts Fans' Favourite
    jpsblue wrote: »

no messi will be required, let alone a special messi

Its very unlikely that a messi will be needed but you never know with EA so i would keep hold of a special Messi at the moment on the off chance it does need one.
  • McSwigan
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Trust me ea will not make this easy and wont want investors to profit it will be either special messi or a lod of high rated teams with informs along with the full spanish league

Seems like EA have made POTM cards more affordable this season. So many of the SBCs have only required one IF card, if any. Look at Thiago Silva, one 85 rated squad for a 90 overall? You can say what you want about the card but you couldn’t do anything that cheaply last year. However, the packs you get back out of some these aren’t great but I’m sure that’s okay for most people because they’re getting better cards than last year.
  • Hoopsterz
    3393 posts National Call-Up
    McSwigan wrote: »

Seems like EA have made POTM cards more affordable this season. So many of the SBCs have only required one IF card, if any. Look at Thiago Silva, one 85 rated squad for a 90 overall? You can say what you want about the card but you couldn’t do anything that cheaply last year. However, the packs you get back out of some these aren’t great but I’m sure that’s okay for most people because they’re getting better cards than last year.

Messi is meta.. Thiago Silva is not..

If Thiago Silva still had 80+ pace no way that SBC would have been that cheap.
  • Sercs
    22431 posts Club Captain
    He will rebound but you just have to pray the sbc is expensive lol

Hold until Thursday at the earliest
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    Lost around 400k myself on tax and players prices going down. Gambled on sbc, 125k pack and a 45k pack last night with the coins I had left.

Packed blue Kante, Pogba and TOTGS Sterling. Worked out okay this time but that was annoying.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32547 posts National Team Captain
    It will be the NIF Messi required at the very worst.

I can see it falling more as people sell to do the SBC and there’s no time for it to recover before people prepare for TOTY.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    edited December 2019
    I don't think Messi will be a requirement at all,but I do think EA will make the requirements disgusting a lot worse than people are expecting