Messi POTM - let the hype begin

Comments

• Suarez8
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    Antiseen wrote: »
    If this sbc is 1.5-2mil, high rated fodders gonna die. Key to fodders rise is great cheap sbc that everyone gonna do.

Now ask yourself, how many players gonna do this sbc right away. I guess not a lot.

And next question: how many casual investors like you who invested in la liga fodders? A lot. So what happens when supply>demand? Exactly, fodders go down in price.

If you really think EA told us they are releasing Messi sbc week before actual sbc just for communication reasons, you are wrong. They want people lose as much coins as possible.

Can’t wait to see fodder investors undercutting each other. Thing is, it’s not like icon sbc that costs 500k. It’s 1.5 mil sbc at least. So prepare to take your loss.

👍🏻👍🏻

Spot on probably.
    Will be selling in the hype
    Thnx!
  • BlactionMan
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bit out of the loop, is it confirmed he is getting released? or are they just going to troll as usual and give it someone random
  • Suarez8
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bit out of the loop, is it confirmed he is getting released? or are they just going to troll as usual and give it someone random

Confirmed on EA's twitter that he will be released this Thursday
  • ajonasFC
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Got the money in all la liga fodder for 3k profit at least. Pulled the trigger for if messi 1.24m on xbox this morning, dont think will drop more. Sbc will cost around 1.7~1.9m
  • Moose Factory
    6213 posts Big Money Move

• Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    Suarez8 wrote: »

@Suarez8 I’d advice you selling Wednesday evening, before patreons cash out
  • Suarez8
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    Antiseen wrote: »
    Suarez8 wrote: »

@Suarez8 I’d advice you selling Wednesday evening, before patreons cash out

Was definitely planning to, thnx! :)
    Not heavily invested though, but will maybe go all-in for Futmas if prices tank.
  • oldboiler
    5256 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    NIF Messi will be required - takes him off the market meaning not every other team has NIF or POTM Messi. Jumbo Rare Players pack

4 or 5 85 rated squads - screws over investors buying high rated players 87+, and boosts the value of 83-86s in time for Futmas. Plus 8-10 IFs to reduce supply, again in time for a Futmas

Also means the pack rewards can be Rare Mixed Players/Mega Packs to not flood the market of high value players

Sell in the hype, EA have been working on this for a week
  • Shimoe
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    D0lvl wrote: »
    EA’s curveball with this sbc:

Requiring high rated cards that are first owner only...

This gets you to buy fifa points and screws investors/traders big time.

If this happens I blame u for giving ideas 😂

• Gnomenclature
    8220 posts League Winner
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    they might very much ask for Messi, which makes scense

They didn't do it in 19 for auba etc...
    The way they drop those sbcs won't be a Messi in...

It will be high rated la Liga, high rated Argentina, high rated with totw, etc... They will calculate the price slightly below the totgs, I'd say around 1.8-2m

They did require an aguero for his potm though. Probably more common of a card though.
  • Bobo23
    5146 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    oldboiler wrote: »
    NIF Messi will be required - takes him off the market meaning not every other team has NIF or POTM Messi. Jumbo Rare Players pack

4 or 5 85 rated squads - screws over investors buying high rated players 87+, and boosts the value of 83-86s in time for Futmas. Plus 8-10 IFs to reduce supply, again in time for a Futmas

Also means the pack rewards can be Rare Mixed Players/Mega Packs to not flood the market of high value players

I'd love those requirements as I'd have everything basically covered in my club :joy:

Holding onto my NIF Messi until 6pm Thursday, can't risk selling him now and then him being required in the SBC. As his price will spike instantly and I wouldn't be able to afford getting him back.

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    edited December 2019
    All of a sudden the 40 IF Otamendi's I grabbed the other day at at 23k each are looking good. Upto 28k now.

Not sure whether to sell in the hype or hold off as I feel this could be a big money maker if they ask for a high rated Argentina squad with one or more IFs.

Edit: Just sold up as I'm happy with 200k profit for minimal effort. If hes required then so be it I still made coins for a game I dont even play 😂
    Post edited by Fifa_Hawk_85 on
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    Riotiga wrote: »
    have a feeling that EA would require Messi due to not wanting everyone/ a lot of people to own a buffed Messi this early. They might throw a curveball but I can almost guarantee that EA will not make this SBC cheap/ easy to complete.

like everyone has a spare 2 mil to spend on an untradeable card lol
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up

If he’s required then every one put into sbc is guess what replaced with another messi so still the exact same amount around
  • oldboiler
    5256 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    Exactly, so there’s not a net increase in Messi’s, instead what you have is an increase in untradeables and less tradeable NIF on the market.
    Either way it’s pretty reachable for most players at this stage who haven’t dumped their coin into a full SBC team
  • Moe_86
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am ready , I also bought a Messi , just in case
  • Lfc23
    3557 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    Makes ye buy packs an would be hard for some people to complete just a guess like

7 First owner players

87 rated.

Totgs card

• FrankFrank
    9161 posts League Winner

This.
  • Libguy
    5380 posts Big Money Move
    They could also include a bunch of objectives too, right? They put some silver Barca player behind a bunch of annoying objectives and then have a squad requiring a Barca special card with a rating of 65.

What if you don't submit a Messi, but you have to score 50 goals with Messi in DR and then do a bunch of other stuff nobody wants to do? That would limit who could get the card.
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    Libguy wrote: »
    They could also include a bunch of objectives too, right? They put some silver Barca player behind a bunch of annoying objectives and then have a squad requiring a Barca special card with a rating of 65.

What if you don't submit a Messi, but you have to score 50 goals with Messi in DR and then do a bunch of other stuff nobody wants to do? That would limit who could get the card.

Objectives wouldn’t limit people as much as cost would.

Besides, they’ve said it’s an SBC.
  • Libguy
    5380 posts Big Money Move
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Libguy wrote: »

Objectives wouldn’t limit people as much as cost would.

Besides, they’ve said it’s an SBC.

You would still have expensive SBCs, but the SBC would also have an objective part. They did that last year for like that Tah card.
  • Unparalleled
    957 posts Professional
    I can't wait for the curve ball EA will throw. I can almost bet my whole squad a high rated/expensive player will be required. NIF Messi or silly high value Icon.

EA won't give away 96 Messi for just a couple of IFs and 87+ rated squads
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    edited December 2019
    I can't wait for the curve ball EA will throw. I can almost bet my whole squad a high rated/expensive player will be required. NIF Messi or silly high value Icon.

EA won't give away 96 Messi for just a couple of IFs and 87+ rated squads

NIF Messi is highly unlikely to be required for this and Icons 100% wont be required. It's already been confirmed that Icons wont be required for any SBCs this year.

They can still make the SBC 2m without any of these requirements. Its hardly giving the card away 😂
  • Smiley_Utd
    2034 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is he confirmed to be a RW or could he be a CF?
  • The_Unknown
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    He’s going to be striker, a icon and nif Messi will be required
  • Ashy
    21973 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2019
    Total of 8 teams

1. Exactly 11 silvers, players from Messi's previous club Newell's old boys and Barcelona
    2. 83 rated team including all opponents Messi faced in November
    3. 84 rated, 9 Argentina players, 2 In-forms
    4. 85 rated, exactly 11 In-form players
    5. 86 rated, exactly 11 Barcelona players
    6. 87 rated, 5 different leagues, 1 In-form
    7. 88 rated, 8 different nations, 1 In-form
    8. 89 rated, 1 In-form
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ashy wrote: »
    Total of 8 teams

1. Exactly 11 silvers, players from Messi's previous club Newell's old boys and Barcelona
    2. 83 rated team including all opponents Messi faced in November
    3. 84 rated, 9 Argentina players, 2 In-forms
    4. 85 rated, exactly 11 In-form players
    5. 86 rated, exactly 11 Barcelona players
    6. 87 rated, 5 different leagues, 1 In-form
    7. 88 rated, 8 different nations, 1 In-form
    8. 89 rated, 1 In-form

This would be tough...
  • Bobo23
    5146 posts Big Money Move
    Might be a little unlikely, but there could be an SBC requiring a full UCL Argentinian squad.
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    Might be a little unlikely, but there could be an SBC requiring a full UCL Argentinian squad.

If the there is a UCL requirement it will be La Liga.
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why should they require ucl cards? It's a league special card and not a ucl special card