Messi POTM - let the hype begin

Comments

• Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    TW1103 wrote: »
    EA have given hints at the requirements benzema and di Maria sbc no coincidence

What do you mean by this?

Benzema - la liga
    Di Maria - Argentina
  • Cbn
    2246 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its SBC not a objective. Dont overthink guys
  • Uppedcart
    1304 posts Professional
    I've learnt that the crash before the crash is normally the real one. I hope this means that prices rocket on Thursday when hes released as is way too expensive!
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    If TOTGS Messi drops any lower I might just buy that instead of doing his POTM.
  • Cbn
    2246 posts Fans' Favourite
    I would also keep eye on Messis price range. If it is lowered then it should be pretty good predictor he is needed
  • munchie63
    3972 posts National Call-Up
    Lol hilarious that ppl think a 2+ mill coin card will go extinct like some 10k silver lol. Theres 100’s of thousands of messi’s out there bro. The community is not rich to the point of sniping messi at 2.5 mill haha

hundreds of thousands of one of the best cards on the market....like everyone has him LOL
  • Noviembre17
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I dont think announcing sbc one week before is a way of public relation. Ea is planning something else and all ınvestors are on the target.
  • Why will they ask for nif Messi when his card is out for almost a week?
  • D0lvl
    4872 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    This Messi will be 'free' - maybe objectives or cheap squads BUT the catch will be that it will have an expiration date.

Everyone can 'enjoy' Messi, This will screw traders/investors and make the 'sbc' cheap.
  • Bapinho
    3719 posts National Call-Up
    I dont think announcing sbc one week before is a way of public relation. Ea is planning something else and all ınvestors are on the target.

def this. That fut economist guy cant be trusted :D
  • Retropoe82
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero
    ICON Required!! 🤣
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    I think everyone should just buy the TOTGS and have him tradable rather committing such a large amount of coins untradable don’t get it
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retropoe82 wrote: »
    ICON Required!! 🤣

My ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Giggs would come in handy
  • Retropoe82 wrote: »
    ICON Required!! 🤣

Makes much more sense than nif messi
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    munchie63 wrote: »
    Lol hilarious that ppl think a 2+ mill coin card will go extinct like some 10k silver lol. Theres 100’s of thousands of messi’s out there bro. The community is not rich to the point of sniping messi at 2.5 mill haha

hundreds of thousands of one of the best cards on the market....like everyone has him LOL

Do u think only 100 thousand ppl play this fut game mode?

“LOL”

I see messi 7 out of 10 games at least and theres a lot more than 100k ppl playing
  • D0lvl
    With the base icon sbc still available, requiring an icon may not be far-fetched after all.

I have 2-3 I can get rid of. I like this requirement.

EA, please require icons!
  • Simsbadger
    908 posts Professional
    I brought a couple of high Barca players that’s all lol they way ea have done this (telling us a week in advance) scares me they have never done this so why start now.
    Ok may be it’s to get people buying players before they go max bin 😂 but I doubt this or may be they thought it’s Christmas let’s play bah humbug!! As u know there’s going to be a massive curve ball awaiting us it wouldn’t surprise me if they did a 85,86.87,88 rated teams and then the la Liga objectives to earn the last part of the puzzle to get him as they won’t want every man and his dog running about with 96 rated Messi
    I brought a few players at ok prices but not investing as such as I think a lot of people won’t do this if the time frame is only a month
  • Delboy13710
    10240 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm going to grind this SBC whatever the cost will be my only chance to get a first owner Messi . I'm tryna make my whole team first owner this season . Only problem is I only have around a million and couple of high rated sbc squads . Be good to grind for IMO
  • Airmax6
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    One of the sbc's could be "redeem a team with over 2000 goals" Make them stats be useful.
  • Guvnor
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tricky one to invest for. I paid 1.65 for my 95 messi which at the time was a good price and with the panic selling Iv decided to keep him, he’s amazing anyway, going to hurt when I see him selling for 1.2 mill though 🙈
  • ChappellRovers
    3408 posts National Call-Up
    I won’t be getting him as I only use English players. But I suspect since that Benzema TOTGS SBC is so cheap that you will probably have to use a la liga TOTGS card/TOTGS Argentina card in Messi’s SBC. No way it’ll be as cheap as Benzema, EA have made several moves this year to stop the crash in the market after Scream/Black Friday and probably FUTMAS too. I expect it’ll be a way of clearing the market of all of the high rated cards that have been gotten in packs from people using fifa points to try and get a TOTGS player in the past week before they restart the whole process with FUTMAS.
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    D0lvl wrote: »
    With the base icon sbc still available, requiring an icon may not be far-fetched after all.

Impossible already said icons will not be required for SBC’s most likely would be a Messi required

Don’t think I’ll do anyway prefer my coins tradable, the only boost your going to feel on a Messi is the tots / Toty boost
  • ChappellRovers
    I thought the base icon SBC was to sucker people in to buy more fifa points before the introduction of Prime Icons?
  • D0lvl
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    D0lvl wrote: »

Impossible already said icons will not be required for SBC’s most likely would be a Messi required

Don’t think I’ll do anyway prefer my coins tradable, the only boost your going to feel on a Messi is the tots / Toty boost

EA has said a lot of things before fifa 20 was released and they have either failed to deliver or backtracked on their comments.

They've reverted rewarding playing defense manually. All tackles now go back to the attacker. Composed finishing was supposed to be athing but now finishing is still inconsistent as ever. AI auto defending is still a thing.
  • Retropoe82
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero
    I thought the base icon SBC was to sucker people in to buy more fifa points before the introduction of Prime Icons?

Nope thats next 🤣.. been joking for a while but this is ea at the end of the day an i'm betting if not messi at some point ea will drop an sbc that requires an icon.

All ea have said so far that they wasn't goin to do they have done. Should just bring back icon sbcs an be done with it. Least i for one will be happy as i wanted gullit this year.
  • Retropoe82
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero
    Im in two minds over this messi tho. 96 ronni had it all last yr. If messi has more then 85 stamina i'm on it. If not ill pass toty is what 7-8 weeks away an im saving hard for that promo.
  • ChappellRovers
    Retropoe82 wrote: »

Nope thats next 🤣.. been joking for a while but this is ea at the end of the day an i'm betting if not messi at some point ea will drop an sbc that requires an icon.

All ea have said so far that they wasn't goin to do they have done. Should just bring back icon sbcs an be done with it. Least i for one will be happy as i wanted gullit this year.

Could be right, I have come to learn whatever happens with SBC’s and promos it is always a shrewd strategy by EA designed to relieve people of either their coins, their fifa points or their cash. Think i’ll be holding onto my coins until FUTMAS or TOTY (which I expect Messi will be in as well).
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    I can see them making one of the requirements a silver argentinian team with a silver IF or something like that..... ima be on the lookout for a silver argentinian inform this TOTW
  • yogibear
    1370 posts Professional
    Uppedcart wrote: »
    I've learnt that the crash before the crash is normally the real one. I hope this means that prices rocket on Thursday when hes released as is way too expensive!

Primes dropping straight after that, so there could be an even bigger crash from that
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    yogibear wrote: »
    Uppedcart wrote: »

Primes dropping straight after that, so there could be an even bigger crash from that

When do Primes drop? Any exact date?