Messi POTM - let the hype begin

Hulkmodus
1503 posts Play-Off Hero
It's only 3 days left to join the hype train.

75379863_178966239921231_6555477850217242041_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=103&oh=4896db417c56fb183ca981b33a7357a6&oe=5E68B83A

I allready filled my club with sbc fodder so I can do him.
If you plan to do him, get those high rated la Liga cards and a ton of totw players...

And if u don't plan to do him... Grab those obvious investments and make some coins!

I can't wait for a first owner Messi to join my club and be in there till fifa 21...

Comments

• madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    Oh man @Hulkmodus I had told myself not to do it but you're tempting me with this hype
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prices are already super inflated on some cards - up 10k from where they were on Saturday.

I’ve bought myself some of the obvious players that might be needed for the SBC, but I haven’t fully committed to it because I’m not entirely sure what the requirements could be.

Will decide on the day whether to do it or not.
  • Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    If this sbc is 1.5-2mil, high rated fodders gonna die. Key to fodders rise is great cheap sbc that everyone gonna do.

Now ask yourself, how many players gonna do this sbc right away. I guess not a lot.

And next question: how many casual investors like you who invested in la liga fodders? A lot. So what happens when supply>demand? Exactly, fodders go down in price.

If you really think EA told us they are releasing Messi sbc week before actual sbc just for communication reasons, you are wrong. They want people lose as much coins as possible.

Can’t wait to see fodder investors undercutting each other. Thing is, it’s not like icon sbc that costs 500k. It’s 1.5 mil sbc at least. So prepare to take your loss.

👍🏻👍🏻
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    I mean... The totgs has nearly maxed out pace, shot, dribbling with hunter.

Even if the sbc is to pricey we can just sell the high rated ones for nice profit
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    Antiseen wrote: »
    If this sbc is 1.5-2mil, high rated fodders gonna die. Key to fodders rise is great cheap sbc that everyone gonna do.

Now ask yourself, how many players gonna do this sbc right away. I guess not a lot.

And next question: how many casual investors like you who invested in la liga fodders? A lot. So what happens when supply>demand? Exactly, fodders go down in price.

If you really think EA told us they are releasing Messi sbc week before actual sbc just for communication reasons, you are wrong. They want people lose as much coins as possible.

Can’t wait to see fodder investors undercutting each other. Thing is, it’s not like icon sbc that costs 500k. It’s 1.5 mil sbc at least. So prepare to take your loss.

👍🏻👍🏻

What a party pooper 💩
  • ozcs_69
    4617 posts National Call-Up
    they might very much ask for Messi, which makes scense
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    ozcs_69 wrote: »

They didn't do it in 19 for auba etc...
    The way they drop those sbcs won't be a Messi in...

It will be high rated la Liga, high rated Argentina, high rated with totw, etc... They will calculate the price slightly below the totgs, I'd say around 1.8-2m
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    ozcs_69 wrote: »

They didn't do it in 19 for auba etc...
    The way they drop those sbcs won't be a Messi in...

It will be high rated la Liga, high rated Argentina, high rated with totw, etc... They will calculate the price slightly below the totgs, I'd say around 1.8-2m

I agree with this assessment. And at 2m I'd everyone is going to sell the farm to get one. Price falls for other cards will complement the price if the SBC. It will create a situation where many can get it.
  • IxToMxI
    7760 posts League Winner
    I’ve left it as a wait and see, will check his price before doing it dependant if EA done people over with the requirements or not

Kept my Messi just In case for two reasons. 1) in case they ask for Messi, Messi for a Messi seems pretty fair protects the price of Messi and other Messi’s
    2) if overpriced I would want my Messi back and Cba to rebuy inflated because everyone can’t afford like they thought
  • Riotiga
    1009 posts Professional
    have a feeling that EA would require Messi due to not wanting everyone/ a lot of people to own a buffed Messi this early. They might throw a curveball but I can almost guarantee that EA will not make this SBC cheap/ easy to complete.
  • Recoba10
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    Perfect SBC to remove a high quantity of coins from the market before TOTY.
    They won't miss the opportunity and make it expensive but still tempting for those willing to do it.
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro

👍🏻👍🏻

The main aim isn’t to make people lose as much coins as possible. I think they are trying to keep the price of fodder high heading into toty.
  • Durrani13
    Riotiga wrote: »
    have a feeling that EA would require Messi due to not wanting everyone/ a lot of people to own a buffed Messi this early. They might throw a curveball but I can almost guarantee that EA will not make this SBC cheap/ easy to complete.

EA wants to make money and it's consumers happy at the same time where possible. A cheaper SBC can promote both.
  • TW1103
    3795 posts National Call-Up
    I'm looking forward to seeing the requirements for this. I have a bunch of high-rated players in my club that I don't use, or would be willing to part with for a Messi. I'm not investing in anything, but I'm hoping it may be one that it could make sense to grind out over the month
  • Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pranav wrote: »

👍🏻👍🏻

The main aim isn’t to make people lose as much coins as possible. I think they are trying to keep the price of fodder high heading into toty.

Non repeatable and expensive sbc not gonna keep fodders high. They probably gonna release mid icon sbc during toty.
  • Burchy
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    It’s going to cost the same as his totgs.

They will match it up roughly. Difference being you will get packs back.

The curve ball they may do is changing his position to CAM/ST
  • Airmax6
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    I sniped players on Friday during the lightning rounds, might sell them on Wednesday to minimize the rekt risk. He will be expensive af.
    If EA allows too many people to have such a player at that stage of the game, how will they make enough money to feed their families?
  • Airmax6 wrote: »
    I sniped players on Friday during the lightning rounds, might sell them on Wednesday to minimize the rekt risk. He will be expensive af.
    If EA allows too many people to have such a player at that stage of the game, how will they make enough money to feed their families?

But to get that player alot of ppl will sell their clubs,Buy points hoping to get high rated cards.Throw in Futmas Sbc's and voila.Lots of points being sold since ppl spent all their coins. Makeing it cheap and with cheap i mean 1 mill or less would crash the market hard. All cards will be easy to get for anyone. So if everything is cheap why would you buy points.
  • Dalebert
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    Pretty much the best player in the game, a lot of people will do this SBC.
  • HishamAyman
    3248 posts National Call-Up
    Its gonna be 2 mil minimum
  • Warrrap
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think 2,5 mil.

People thinks that EA will give us discount on 96 Messi. LOL.
  • SinkXI
    943 posts Professional
    Durrani13 wrote: »

EA wants to make money and it's consumers happy at the same time where possible. A cheaper SBC can promote both.

Lol what???
  • Durrani13
    SinkXI wrote: »

Lol what???

Money first and consumer happiness secondary. It's a business rule.
  • Burchy
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2019
    Just make it one sbc... a full Barcelona team. Messi included. That’s reasonable!

Would make it about 1.7-8 million
  • StoneyStones
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Messi played CAM in the last game of November against Leganes :)

Also, i expect a lot of curveballs in the requirements, maybe OTW/Scream cards?

Don't forget to take a look at the Di Maria SBC, If I'm correct it coincidently runs out on Thursday x)
  • SinkXI
    943 posts Professional
    SinkXI wrote: »

Lol what???

Money first and consumer happiness secondary. It's a business rule.

If you think consumer happiness is secondary to EA you are living on Mars. Consumer happiness is more like number 17727482874742 to EA🤣
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    Burchy wrote: »
    Just make it one sbc... a full Barcelona team. Messi included. That’s reasonable!

For about five minutes before all the Barcelona players go extinct
  • Bobo23
    3708 posts National Call-Up
    PegLeg wrote: »

Yeah there's no way they can make it a full Barca team including Messi. Messi would go extinct instantly for starters!!

• Burchy
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero

Bobo23 wrote: »

Yeah there's no way they can make it a full Barca team including Messi. Messi would go extinct instantly for starters!!

It’s out for a month, with futmas and all the other promos EA throw out every week it shouldn’t make them extinct.

But then again, traders would probably have a field day and price fix them haha so a bad idea :D