Pochettino to Atletico Madrid?

Pietu
6883 posts Big Money Move
Apparently Simeone might be on his way out and if he gets sacked, could you see Poch going to Atleti?

I personally can see it happening. Knows the league and speaks the language and he is a good manager.

Comments

• Cyodine
    2420 posts Fans' Favourite
    Where is Simeone going? Everton?
  • Pietu
    Cyodine wrote: »

No clue. United wouldn't be a bad shout IF Ole gets sacked but can't see that happening right now.
  • Pietu

Actually, don't Bayern have a caretaker? Also maybe Arsenal
  • Cyodine
    2420 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pietu wrote: »

Isn't Simeone's style similar to Jose's? If so I dont think those teams would want him.
  • Pietu

Isn't Simeone's style similar to Jose's? If so I dont think those teams would want him.

He is a defensive coach, yes. I think he would do well with Arsenal IF they back him and he would make Arsenal known for their toughness, workrate and defensive stability.
  • Ahmer50x
    23606 posts Club Captain
    Arsenal should go for him.

Wouldn’t want Simeone anywhere near United given his style
  • Pietu
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Same. I like offensive football but atleast Simeone would bring that’s toughness and workrate, Arsenal miss that imo, they need him.
  • Ahmer50x
    23606 posts Club Captain

Same. I like offensive football but atleast Simeone would bring that’s toughness and workrate, Arsenal miss that imo, they need him.

Rafa, Allegri, Simeone, etc

These are the types of managers Arsenal fans probably don’t want but really do need.

That back line is awful. The protection from midfield isn’t great. The new manager has to help mitigate that, not enhance it.
  • Pietu

These are the types of managers Arsenal fans probably don’t want but really do need.

That back line is awful. The protection from midfield isn’t great. The new manager has to help mitigate that, not enhance it.

All of those would be good, Allegri would be my last pick from that list. Also Arteta would be fun from a rivals point of view.
  • arsenalap
    8188 posts League Winner

Depends on your point of view.

Do you play to your strengths or do you try and limit your weaknesses.
  • Ahmer50x
    23606 posts Club Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »

Depends on your point of view.

Do you play to your strengths or do you try and limit your weaknesses.

Usually I think you play to your strengths but when your weakness is like a gunshot wound to the team, it’s best to stop the bleeding