• al_10
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2019
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    Illini McG wrote: »
    Yet he we still be in the goat conversation when he retires......so there is that going for him.

Maybe to a couple of facebook fanboys - actual football fans wouldn’t dare mention him in the same breath as Messi because in terms of footballing ability, he isn’t even close.

If you really wanna go with in terms of football quality they’re incomparable simply because they play different positions 😂

If you want an elite real life finisher go CR7, an elite playmaker then messi is your man, false 9 would be Lewandowski/kane and so on...

You want goals, you go for Ronaldo
    You want assists, you go for De Bruyne
    You want passes, you go for Xavi
    You want a free kick taker, you go for Juninho
    You want a dribbler, you go for Neymar

You want them all.. you go for Messi.

If you want goals never go for messi, look at how argentina always ends up 😂 😉

Argentina’s top goalscorer (and assister) ever doesn’t score for Argentina?

Weird.

When it matters he misses open tap ins, friendlies is where he shines though 😘

Cause a goal v Lithuania in a “fair” qualifier is harder than a goal v Brazil in a friendly - hahaha.

Messi is compared to past legends, Ronaldo is compared to Messi.. and that’s all I have to say here :smile:

Everyone’s wrong once in a while, take your L and move on 😘

Don’t bother with these people anymore, buddy.

Sb saying you cant compare a winger to a striker, and surprisingly the rw has better goal ratio than the striker himself.. utterly joke out here

• MuzzaLUFC
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2019
    Yet he we still be in the goat conversation when he retires......so there is that going for him.

Maybe to a couple of facebook fanboys - actual football fans wouldn’t dare mention him in the same breath as Messi because in terms of footballing ability, he isn’t even close.

If you really wanna go with in terms of football quality they’re incomparable simply because they play different positions 😂

If you want an elite real life finisher go CR7, an elite playmaker then messi is your man, false 9 would be Lewandowski/kane and so on...

Dont think ive ever seen such a Messi fanboy before......embarrassing 😂😂

Labelled embarrassing by the married joke who spends his entire life on here moaning he’s quitting the game but still spends his nights in bed thinking about the very game he’s quit 13 times - this year.

A new low for me :joy:

Do you know something I dont? I must have missed the wedding and I definitely didn't get the memo for that one 😂😂

And please show me where I've said I've quit the game this year? I've barely even been complaining about the game as I've accepted it for what it is and just dont play it when its delayed and unresponsive.

Regardless of all this, you're still the biggest Messi fanboy I've came across and yes its still embarrassing 😂😂

Okay sweetness. If pointing out facts is fanboy-ing, I’ll take the label and stick it proudly to my forehead.

Must have got the marriage thing mixed with someone else, but I definitely didn’t confuse you for anyone else who “wasn’t getting Fifa 20” but still bought it - far more embarrassing than someone pointing out a fact about a football player - but if it keeps you from screaming at your tv, good luck to you big man.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    You realise he doesn’t win it just by turning up, right? :lol:

Yeah but now he cant even be in the raffle!

He was never in it anyway, that's why he isnt going 😂

Sarcasm my man, sarcasm 🤣
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class

Dont think ive ever seen such a Messi fanboy before......embarrassing 😂😂

Labelled embarrassing by the married joke who spends his entire life on here moaning he’s quitting the game but still spends his nights in bed thinking about the very game he’s quit 13 times - this year.

A new low for me :joy:

Do you know something I dont? I must have missed the wedding and I definitely didn't get the memo for that one 😂😂

And please show me where I've said I've quit the game this year? I've barely even been complaining about the game as I've accepted it for what it is and just dont play it when its delayed and unresponsive.

Regardless of all this, you're still the biggest Messi fanboy I've came across and yes its still embarrassing 😂😂

Okay sweetness. If pointing out facts is fanboy-ing, I’ll take the label and stick it proudly to my forehead.

Must have got the marriage thing mixed with someone else, but I definitely didn’t confuse you for anyone else who “wasn’t getting Fifa 20” but still bought it - far more embarrassing than someone pointing out a fact about a football player - but if it keeps you from screaming at your tv, good luck to you big man.

They're your opinions, not facts.

Yes I said I wasnt buying Fifa 20, I bought it, it's still the same delayed and unresponsive mess and now I rarely play it so why on earth would I be screaming at a screen? You like throwing assumptions around here dont you? I'm married and screaming at a TV ( even though I play on a monitor ) for a game I've quit so many times this year.

Can you hear that?? Think it's your alarm and time to wake up from this dream world you speak about 😂😂
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    al_10 wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Childish as always. Shows again how low he is not only in terms of football, but also as a human being.

He’s going to a Serie A awards show where he’s picking up an award.

But that doesn’t fit the narrative I guess, so we’ll ignore it.

Proof? Since there aren’t any ceremonies for serie a tonight?

Are you like 5 years old?

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/balon-oro/excusa-cristiano-para-gala-del-balon-oro-7759336

It’s held every year.
  • Zeke1216
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    All that matters is the Messi the goat
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Childish as always. Shows again how low he is not only in terms of football, but also as a human being.

Why is he a low human being? Are you aware of all the charity work he does
  • 6Khedira6
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I dont blame ronnie he should have won the year modric won same as Henry should have won when nedved won
  • MuzzaLUFC
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zeke1216 wrote: »

Atleast he will be when Pablo Hernandez retires :smirk:
  • nicitel32
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    i hope that ugly hobit wont win it....
  • nicitel32
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    i dont like that messi won so many personal awards...for many years xavi and iniesta were better than him but he won it...that was silly..
  • suxxio
    822 posts Professional
    Cr7 shouldn't even be in top10 this year
  • Fish88
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Zeke1216 wrote: »

Atleast he will be when Pablo Hernandez retires :smirk:

Nah the Yorkshire pirlo will win the next ballon d'or
  • DaMMian
    2318 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lewy win this year
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite
    DaMMian wrote: »
    Lewy win this year

Lewy will never win as long as he stays in bayern 😢
  • suxxio
    822 posts Professional
    Sterling not in the top10. What a joke
  • Bapinho
    3719 posts National Call-Up
    6Khedira6 wrote: »
    I dont blame ronnie he should have won the year modric won same as Henry should have won when nedved won

I agree; its amazing Ronaldo won a few times too in that period. He was basically carrying Real all by himselve. If he wouldve played as ST in the barca tiki taka he would made 100+ goals a season
  • Zeke1216
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    Bapinho wrote: »
    6Khedira6 wrote: »

I agree; its amazing Ronaldo won a few times too in that period. He was basically carrying Real all by himselve. If he wouldve played as ST in the barca tiki taka he would made 100+ goals a season

Is this with Messi on the team ? Cause if Messi not on the team than you could just stop right there lol messi is Barca , Ronaldo wouldn’t be able to play that style that Barca does since they need their striker to be able to link up play and create chances. That is why it never worked for ibra or sanchez and it is not working for griezman atm.

• CharlieC
    7428 posts League Winner
    Not the Messi/Ronaldo debate again! Can we not just agree that they are both fantastic and we are lucky to have seen them both in their prime (well most of us have anyway)
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up

I know you’re bantering but at least they came to a WC final.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite
    FCBlunt wrote: »

Participation trophies dont count 😈
  • cdbuck26
    3923 posts National Call-Up
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Not the Messi/Ronaldo debate again! Can we not just agree that they are both fantastic and we are lucky to have seen them both in their prime (well most of us have anyway)

• FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    FCBlunt wrote: »

Participation trophies dont count 😈

So Ron didn’t win the EC as he didn’t play the final? 😏
  • First_touch87
    488 posts Sunday League Hero

I know how childish and what terrible human being.

Imagine he donated 20million last year to charity and funded a hospital to be built for sick kids.

He should also give blood every month what a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Oh wait he’s does all of the above.
  • First_touch87
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    Tbf must suck to finally lose the battle with Messi as he over takes you win a record 6 Ballon’s thus completing the arguement that Messi is better.

Is Messi not two years younger ?

I love them both but at least ronaldo has tested himself in 3 different countries and win on the international stage
  • FalconFan
    254 posts Sunday League Hero

Argentina’s top goalscorer (and assister) ever doesn’t score for Argentina?

Weird.

When it matters he misses open tap ins, friendlies is where he shines though 😘

The same for CR7... and for most players in fact, but saying only Messi does that would be incorrect.

Ronaldo Shines very bright against the weaker teams as well. Neither has won a World Cup, which is what makes the best ever conversations all that more interesting. Though I am not sure winning the World Cup is a fair barometer of a players greatness since it is a team sport and without a solid team there is only so much a single player can do.
  • FalconFan
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tbf must suck to finally lose the battle with Messi as he over takes you win a record 6 Ballon’s thus completing the arguement that Messi is better.

I love them both but at least ronaldo has tested himself in 3 different countries and win on the international stage

What International Stage has Ronaldo won on that Messi has not also won on?

And Messi has been able to endure at a top club for his entire career. Is that a bad thing? Loyalty is not a bad thing at all. Longevity is good too and yes Ronaldo has that.

Not trying to be a fanboy or either player, just failing to see rational in the one sided logic being applied.

Neither appear to be ready to retire at this point. Ronaldo might be looking to leave to yet another club as rumors are he is not happy at the moment with his current situation.

Just consider us all lucky to have the chance to watch both of these talented individuals play.
  • OZero
    7609 posts League Winner
    Euro 2016
    Numerous Copa America
  • First_touch87
    FalconFan wrote: »

And Messi has been able to endure at a top club for his entire career. Is that a bad thing? Loyalty is not a bad thing at all. Longevity is good too and yes Ronaldo has that.

Not trying to be a fanboy or either player, just failing to see rational in the one sided logic being applied.

Neither appear to be ready to retire at this point. Ronaldo might be looking to leave to yet another club as rumors are he is not happy at the moment with his current situation.

Just consider us all lucky to have the chance to watch both of these talented individuals play.

What international stage has ronaldo won on he won the euro with Portugal and that League of Nations cup ( which I didn’t think was serious until England got to the semi final )

Messi failed in 3 finals in the copa America then retired twice from international football only to come back.

IMO if I had to pick I’m picking ronaldo just for the fact he’s tried something new and at 34 he’s still got the drive to keep going.

And being 7 goals away from the all time international goal record is impressive
  • Bapinho
    3719 posts National Call-Up
    FalconFan wrote: »

Loyalty is good but i dont know.. asking your contract to be renewed every year to make more millions when you are already making more then you could ever spend this life is not really loyalty to me. Also messi is a bit weird. Ronaldo is good looking; tall strong and i think thats why a lot of people are a bit jeaulous. He seems to be the "arrogant" one with a bad attitude yet he is doing so much for charity etc etc without saying it in the press all the time while messi is opening malls for 2 million dollar in some African dictator country where people are starving of hunger