The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• They Caged Non
    5277 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Football is off topic for me now, how a club can capitulate so easily is beyond me.

Expected yesterday to be bad but still really disappointed sounds like it should have been double digits.

I darent even watch the highlights, I don’t want to be annoyed any more haha.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3683 posts National Call-Up
    Bit of a nuts ending in the Rovers game, hit the bar 94th minute, same player goes up the other end and gets a red and gives away a peno, which gets saved, magic of the cup and all that. 0 CBs for the replay now though gg UTG
  • BrentfordFC
    13004 posts Has That Special Something
    Two of our next three games are Bristol City (5-2) and Brentford (7-0), nice that they're getting some good results in just before we play them. Next three games are against 5th, 6th and 7th. And then we're playing Leeds after that.

Tough run that. Ours is tough as well. We ran riot against Luton and should of had more !
  • wheelerdeeler
    6517 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    Two of our next three games are Bristol City (5-2) and Brentford (7-0), nice that they're getting some good results in just before we play them. Next three games are against 5th, 6th and 7th. And then we're playing Leeds after that.

Tough run that. Ours is tough as well. We ran riot against Luton and should of had more !

We've done well in the sense that we've given ourselves a bit of a cushion inside the Top 6 going into the run of games we've got leading up to Christmas where we will almost certainly be dropping points. But the other side is that we could be 9 or 10 (or more) points off the Top 2 easily at Christmas.
  • iHilarious
    13169 posts Has That Special Something
    Who’s everyone hoping for tonight?
  • Hicksy2011
    14160 posts Has That Special Something
    A tie we can win
    We are so shocking performance wise at the moment that I can’t see us playing a prem team and not getting hammered
    May as well take the money so we can buy some midfielders who can actually pass
  • WFCBagnall
    74281 posts Moderator
    A week off
  • Hicksy2011
    Paul Clement is in the frame to be the next Watford manager
    Incredible
  • iHilarious wrote: »
    Who’s everyone hoping for tonight?

Plymouth
  • They Caged Non
    Sun reporting that Woodgate will be sacked and everyones mate Warnock takes over... cant see it myself like, not the sacking bit but the Warnock bit.
  • iHilarious
    13169 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    A tie we can win
    We are so shocking performance wise at the moment that I can’t see us playing a prem team and not getting hammered

I thought you lot were doing alright now? Third over the last 10 games
  • Sun reporting that Woodgate will be sacked and everyones mate Warnock takes over... cant see it myself like, not the sacking bit but the Warnock bit.

There’d be something quite ironic about not being content with Pulis and ending up months down the line only to turn to Warnock to turn it around.

You’ve not got a bad squad, Warnock would do well there to be fair.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited December 2019
    I just want an interesting draw. Not another Championship team or a dead Prem one like we got with Southampton in the League Cup.

Guarantee we get Reading Away, because I absolutely hate Reading Away and we’re already playing them on New Years Day.

An away game I can go to (not Reading) or a home draw against a Non-League team ideally.
  • Hicksy2011
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    A tie we can win

I thought you lot were doing alright now? Third over the last 10 games

Had some very fortunate fixtures
    It’s also just like last year, we look barely able to string a pass together and completely lost
    Then Curtis/Close step up and slam one in from 25 yards from nothing and we somehow win
    Still got so many players playing out of position and a lot of unhappy lads in the dressing room
  • They Caged Non
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Sun reporting that Woodgate will be sacked and everyones mate Warnock takes over... cant see it myself like, not the sacking bit but the Warnock bit.

There’d be something quite ironic about not being content with Pulis and ending up months down the line only to turn to Warnock to turn it around.

Mate honestly the squad is awful, we literally had our under 23s populating the bench on Sat. Its almost pointless sacking Woodgate as the new manager would just have the same rubbish to deal with.

When lazy Britt is your senior 'professional' you know you are ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

• BristolMDF wrote: »

Mate honestly the squad is awful, we literally had our under 23s populating the bench on Sat. Its almost pointless sacking Woodgate as the new manager would just have the same rubbish to deal with.

When lazy Britt is your senior 'professional' you know you are ****.

There’s no way you should be doing as badly as you are with that squad. I haven’t seen you much this season but surely someone should be getting more out of them than Woodgate is.
  • They Caged Non
    edited December 2019

When lazy Britt is your senior 'professional' you know you are ****.

There’s no way you should be doing as badly as you are with that squad. I haven’t seen you much this season but surely someone should be getting more out of them than Woodgate is.

well if we go through the actual team they are just poor

Randolph (the exception, he is mint), Dijksteel is league one standard, Ayala is decent enough but slow and dirty, Fry is like a poor mans Gibson who is ok but not brilliant, left back we have Friend and Coulson injured (Coulson is a kid though) and Bola who wouldnt get a game for a Sunday League side.

Midfield is basically Wing (Northern league 2 seasons ago and starting to show), Howson (been playing in defence all season), Saville (like a bad Forshaw but cost 7m), Clayton (Awful), McNair (the best we have but headless chicken with ball at feet), then WIngers its marvellous Marvin and Marcus Browne, both nobodies really.

Up front you have Gestede (cant even talk about that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ or i wont be able to drive home from work), ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Assombalonga (The epitome of modern lazy footballer, had the cheek to hold his hands to his ears after not scoring for over 2 months) and Fletcher who is just casual as hell to the point where he cant even put his foot through the ball.

Couple that with losing Bamford, Gibson, Traore, Flint, Besic, Fabio, Christie in the last couple of seasons its basically a massive stitch up on Woodgate and one way traffic to League One.

Edit: i forgot Ryan Shotton, he is almost in Gestede territory only he actually tries so cant be that harsh.
  • Handy Andy
    5837 posts Big Money Move
    I just want an interesting draw. Not another Championship team or a dead Prem one like we got with Southampton in the League Cup.

Guarantee we get Reading Away, because I absolutely hate Reading Away and we’re already playing them on New Years Day.

An away game I can go to (not Reading) or a home draw against a Non-League team ideally.

Reading ultras about to sort out their second forum member with talk like that
  • Fair shout mate. Pretty damning write up. On paper your squad really doesn’t look anywhere near bad enough to be seriously considering relegation to me but if the confidence is low and too many players are underperforming it’s a struggle.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Don't want Fylde Away either. Just because it would rub it in that we could have had Kingstonian.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Dead.
  • Farlz
    8656 posts League Winner
    we get to do fulham get in
  • wheelerdeeler
    What a surprise that Man City get an easy home draw.
  • Boring draw
  • wheelerdeeler
    Farlz wrote: »

Could see it being like our Southampton League Cup game where you go relatively strong and we just play the kids (and Michael Hector to get him fit).
  • wheelerdeeler
    Liverpool/Everton, Sheffield Utd/Fylde and Arsenal/Leeds will end up on TV.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Safe to say the Cup isn't a priority this season, so I'll take Villa. Means we can go out playing the kids without it being a notable result given they're in the Prem and it won't be like us losing to Oldham last season.

Was hoping for a slightly exciting draw though. I remember we got Kettering about 10 years ago and we beat them 4-2 or 4-3, that was a fun one. Still remember their player Exodus Geohaghon.
  • Farlz
    8656 posts League Winner
    Farlz wrote: »

Could see it being like our Southampton League Cup game where you go relatively strong and we just play the kids (and Michael Hector to get him fit).
    we'll probably rotate like we've done in the League cup which might still be pretty strong

the doing a Fulham derby will be a classic fella