The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• BristolMDF wrote: »
    **** dire.

You'll still beat us at the Cottage next weekend. One of the few guarantees in life.

I’d be willing to have a fairly sizeable bet that we won’t!
  • Hicksy2011
    14184 posts Has That Special Something
    I would also like to see Forest up
    Much better than all the South coast teams there atm or someone like Norwich
  • Hicksy2011
    14184 posts Has That Special Something
    As much as I’m very much enjoying the Leeds meme
    Leeds Forest and Preston would actually be a great trio of long overdue promotions, some fresh teams for the prem and all proper established clubs as well not Bournemouth nonsense
  • wheelerdeeler
    6522 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019
    West Brom are winning the league. By far the best/most consistent team in the division this season. And then it's two from about 10 teams for the other two. You'd think Leeds for the other automatic, but after the last few years I don't think you can say they're going up until it's mathematically impossible to bottle it.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3721 posts National Call-Up
    People might think i'm talking out my arse here but there is a part of me that does not want us to get into the Premierleague. I really appreciate people's comments about wanting to see us up there but the Premierleague is a honestly a circus.
    • The level of scrutiny on everything your club goes is magnified.
    • The fixture list is thrown around onto fridays, sundays and mondays.
    • Clubs tend to sell their souls through sponsorships and other bits and pieces.
    • You get the plastic fans of the opposing teams buying tickets in your home sections because they want to see their teams play. The amount of Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool fans in Nottingham is atrocious.
    • You often end up paying huge sums of money on players that aren't worth it.
    • Nearly every game is televised but it's then spread across three channels.
    • VAR.

Plus, the simple fact is that unless you do a Wolves or Leicester, you are basically there to get beat by the top six every week.

I'm loving this season because we're competitive in a very difficult league with some good opposition. There are some big games in the Championship still, with some great stadiums to visit and despite the interference of the EFL, it's still relatively normal football.

If we finish in the top six, or even top eight this year I'll be chuffed with that. We have a couple wins over Derby, we've got a squad we can be proud of, the crowds/support is fantastic and we've got a new stand being built soon.
  • Farlz
    8659 posts League Winner
    not having to deal with VAR is a good enough reason to stay in the Championship
  • Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    As much as I’m very much enjoying the Leeds meme
    Leeds Forest and Preston would actually be a great trio of long overdue promotions, some fresh teams for the prem and all proper established clubs as well not Bournemouth nonsense

Bit of south coast bias there I detect?! ;)

Bournemouth are a ‘proper established club’ in every sense!
  • Lard_Lad
    12684 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2019
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    People might think i'm talking out my arse here but there is a part of me that does not want us to get into the Premierleague. I really appreciate people's comments about wanting to see us up there but the Premierleague is a honestly a circus.
    • The level of scrutiny on everything your club goes is magnified.
    • The fixture list is thrown around onto fridays, sundays and mondays.
    • Clubs tend to sell their souls through sponsorships and other bits and pieces.
    • You get the plastic fans of the opposing teams buying tickets in your home sections because they want to see their teams play. The amount of Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool fans in Nottingham is atrocious.
    • You often end up paying huge sums of money on players that aren't worth it.
    • Nearly every game is televised but it's then spread across three channels.
    • VAR.

Plus, the simple fact is that unless you do a Wolves, Leicester or Sheffield United , you are basically there to get beat by the top six every week.

I'm loving this season because we're competitive in a very difficult league with some good opposition. There are some big games in the Championship still, with some great stadiums to visit and despite the interference of the EFL, it's still relatively normal football.

If we finish in the top six, or even top eight this year I'll be chuffed with that. We have a couple wins over Derby, we've got a squad we can be proud of, the crowds/support is fantastic and we've got a new stand being built soon.

Edited it slightly for you.

In all honesty I agreed with you on a lot of those points but to be honest I’m loving it. Yeah VAR has been proper ❤️❤️❤️❤️, but going toe to toe with some of the best in the world is very exciting. We haven’t had any problems with glory supporters in the home end from what I’ve seen and we haven’t really paid huge sums of money for players.
  • Dizzy Bala
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    In all honesty I agreed with you on a lot of those points but to be honest I’m loving it. Yeah VAR has been proper ****, but going toe to toe with some of the best in the world is very exciting. We haven’t had any problems with glory supporters in the home end from what I’ve seen and we haven’t really paid huge sums of money for players.
    I referenced them both, because they finished seasons in very good positions and got European football out of it in recent memory.

Plus, from a Forest fan perspective, seeing Didzy and Osborn in a team that's in the top half of the Premierleague is weird lmao.

• Alastair
    10123 posts Moderator
    edited November 2019
    So Russell Slade hosted a coffee morning at the club today as a way to meet the fans. Seems like it went down well and he definitely gives off the impression that he is the man to take us back to the FL.

Here are a couple of quotes from a report on Bulls News:

“RS estimates that he currently has 7 (seven) players who can consistently perform to the required level.
    Those who can not will be moved on, loaned out or made the best of.”

Given that we have about 30 players that’s quite stunning.

@Karlos Looks like Dawson could be here for a while. Not sure if you’ll agree about the ‘league standard’ bit. :joy:

“RS expects Dawson, who despite still being league standard is at the club based on his relationship with RS, to shake things up and encourage the players to demand higher standards of each other.“
  • wheelerdeeler
    Onomah starting is very questionable. Would rather play 4-4-2 with Kamara up-front and Knockaert on the right. But still, not a bad team by any means. Happy that Kamara's got a chance to keep this little run he's putting together going. Shame for Bobby Reid though after getting his first goal.
  • iHilarious
    13169 posts Has That Special Something
    Lads are taking it serious ahead of tomorrow @WFCBagnall
  • wheelerdeeler
    Mitrovic and Rodak have won us that. Wasn't pretty but between the injuries we've got and just the fact we didn't really play that well that's a great 3 Points for us.
  • wheelerdeeler
    World class assist from Onomah tonight, but hopefully Bobby Reid's coming back for next week all the same.
  • IDARYL
    5744 posts Big Money Move
    I missed altrincham v York fa cup first round after we won said whomever we get next round I'm going (knowing we've had 7 cup ties this year and all been away..) we get the furthest draw possible in Portsmouth away. Full of the flu looks like the coldest day of the year outside and probably be on a coach 10 hours today. Wouldn't change it for the world, I LOVE THIS GAME(evra voice)
  • WFCBagnall
    74351 posts Moderator
    O'Donnell
    Demetriou O'Connor Butler Henry
    Chambers
    Ledesma Sawyers Oztumer
    Bradshaw Deeney
  • Retro1989
    4892 posts National Call-Up
    Robert Jones - Hands down the worst referee i've seen this year. He's allowed a handball, time wasting and rugby style tackles so far. Then he only adds 1 minute of injury time.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Was really hoping Kingstonian went through today.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited November 2019
    Basically in December, but we're finally not going to be Barnsley's only win of the season (unless they bottle it in the last 10 minutes).

Of course Hull have made it 2-1.

3-1!
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4215 posts National Call-Up
    Had so many chances to put this game to bed. I bloody hate playing Birmingham.
  • Handy Andy
    5837 posts Big Money Move
    all hail Puscas, never doubted him
  • Retro1989
    4892 posts National Call-Up
    Forest holding that shoot button down for too long
    033997a30459187d2b32c67b5e847276.png
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited November 2019
    Two of our next three games are Bristol City (5-2) and Brentford (7-0), nice that they're getting some good results in just before we play them. Next three games are against 5th, 6th and 7th. And then we're playing Leeds after that.
  • ryan217
    2904 posts Fans' Favourite
    Neil Harris, what a man
  • wheelerdeeler
    Wish 3rd place teams couldn't qualify in the Euros. Would make that Germany/France/Portugal group so much better.
  • Dizzy Bala
    The fact we had 32 shots was an embarassment, 32 shots and I don't think Grabban had a single one. Just would not go in today.

Loved the Cardiff fans singing Scabby Nottingham today, legends.. They're a bogey team for us, got their goal and that was that from them. Couldn't break them down, referee was a nob and it was freezing.
  • They Caged Non
    5286 posts Big Money Move
    Football is off topic for me now, how a club can capitulate so easily is beyond me.
  • AaronMFC
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    Football is off topic for me now, how a club can capitulate so easily is beyond me.

Expected yesterday to be bad but still really disappointed sounds like it should have been double digits.