The ICON SWAP info thread!

Comments

• Are the corrent pleyer tokens valid for next icon swap patch?
  • Safehands84
    4047 posts National Call-Up
    edymz90 wrote: »
    Are the corrent pleyer tokens valid for next icon swap patch?

Read the thread, this gets asked every 4 posts or so.
  • spy
    1047 posts Professional
    Finished the rivals tokens today and only have 3 games left on the Mexican squad battles one before I have got them all!
  • Having already taken Carlos, I can get a maximum of 9 tokens. Who would you guys take?
  • jacobdtr wrote: »
    Having already taken Carlos, I can get a maximum of 9 tokens. Who would you guys take?

I took Guardiola. Suits my style.
  • TW1103
    2750 posts Fans' Favourite
    jacobdtr wrote: »
    Having already taken Carlos, I can get a maximum of 9 tokens. Who would you guys take?

I took Okocha, who is fun, but doesn't dominate as he can be a little slow.

My question for everyone is; What do you think the objectives for batch 2 will be? Will they keep to first owner objectives for leagues? Maybe nations? Or do you think they will get more complicated like scoring (x) amount of headers, etc?

I'm wondering whether to clear out some players whilst their prices are up... But I don't want to sell some of my more decent first owner players if I think I will need them again
  • Peewee916
    1103 posts Professional
    Gonna go for guardiola & Rio
  • spy
    1047 posts Professional
    Finally completed all the tokens. What are the best card(s) to use them on?
  • djvkool43
    736 posts An Exciting Prospect

Took both Pep and Carlos - 19 tokens total out of 24

Many, many sweaty sessions, shushed, dabbed, prancing-birded...
  • djvkool43
    TW1103 wrote: »

I took Okocha, who is fun, but doesn't dominate as he can be a little slow.

My question for everyone is; What do you think the objectives for batch 2 will be? Will they keep to first owner objectives for leagues? Maybe nations? Or do you think they will get more complicated like scoring (x) amount of headers, etc?

I'm wondering whether to clear out some players whilst their prices are up... But I don't want to sell some of my more decent first owner players if I think I will need them again

I'm hoping they will give us some sort of upgrade path - for example 11 tokens + baby Carlos, swap with prime Carlos, etc etc...
  • Ballist1x
    3826 posts National Call-Up
    Hagi though
  • Boss0
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Went for Hagi, insane, passing shooting and dribling stats. Would have been perfect if he had 88+ Pace but even then chem styles help.
  • Ballist1x
    3826 posts National Call-Up
    Boss0 wrote: »
    Went for Hagi, insane, passing shooting and dribling stats. Would have been perfect if he had 88+ Pace but even then chem styles help.

I've been testing his 85 on a try before you cry basis before taking his prime. Are you glad you did and is he weekend league material?
  • Martin1905
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hagi is outrageous, must be up there with the best CAM's in the game right now, 95 rated with a Maestro and he just destroys everyone I play against.

• Do you guys think icons can be used alongside icons swaps in the next batch? Like you have to redeem 19 swaps and an icon for to get the next icon?
  • Sudjinn
    81 posts Park Captain

djvkool43 wrote: »

How are pep and carlos? I cant decide between those 2 or Prime zanetti
  • PiotrLolo
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've read the first post but I have a question. No token SBC's this year? Second question. I see 8 Rivals and 4 SB tokens available right now. Did the rest already expire or there will be more this season?
  • L4MP5
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sakes! done the pack and I've pulled out 87 lineker, am I right for being pissed at this?
  • Doaves
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Exactly
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    I've read the first post but I have a question. No token SBC's this year? Second question. I see 8 Rivals and 4 SB tokens available right now. Did the rest already expire or there will be more this season?

- No sbc’s for tokens
    - The first 12 expired a few weeks ago (season 1)
  • PiotrLolo
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    Doaves wrote: »
    Exactly
    PiotrLolo wrote: »

- No sbc’s for tokens
    - The first 12 expired a few weeks ago (season 1)

Ok, thx!

I'm too bad for Rivals right now. I could do 4x SB tokens but there is no point if I can't exchange them. I will wait for next Swap.
  • Barresh
    6000 posts Big Money Move
    Im not sure how but i think i have lost a token. I have a lot of cards on my unnasigned page and when i claimed an icon token it just dissapeared. I have looked for it in my club and it isn't there and i know for a fact that i didn't discard anything.

You guys think it will show up if i clear up my unnasigned page?
  • ILevis
    1282 posts Professional
    Barresh wrote: »
    Im not sure how but i think i have lost a token. I have a lot of cards on my unnasigned page and when i claimed an icon token it just dissapeared. I have looked for it in my club and it isn't there and i know for a fact that i didn't discard anything.

Yes it will. Thats the downside of stacking your unassigned items, you cant effectively get/use new cards until you clear it
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    661 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Was sat watching my 7 yr old building some hybrid squads earlier trying to get them to full chem and he says.... “why can’t you get icon managers”.... a fair question I thought...

Could be quite a good idea...(not that anyone from ea actually reads this stuff)
  • Barresh
    6000 posts Big Money Move
    ILevis wrote: »
    Barresh wrote: »

Yes it will. Thats the downside of stacking your unassigned items, you cant effectively get/use new cards until you clear it
    Ah good to know, thanks! Would be very frustrating to lose the token that i got for squad battles with a championship squad
  • zago33
    679 posts An Exciting Prospect
    so when there will be no "icon required" sbc, after finishing my zanetti there is no real need to push it for schmeichel right?
  • Jamiecpfc
    197 posts Sunday League Hero
    Now have all 24 tokens and still no idea who to go for.
    Team:
    RTTF Lloris
    If Dinge, RTTF Gomez, Scream Otamendi, Walker
    If Wijnaldum, RTTF Torreria, Sissoko
    Scream Payet
    Otw Yedder, Zaha

I’m thinking maybe go Ferdinand and sell Otamendi but that means two unreadable cb. Then I would replace zaha at St. Other option is Wright as St to link with Yedder or maybe Hagi who looks class. Any suggestions on who to take with the team I have?
  • Jamiecpfc wrote: »
    Now have all 24 tokens and still no idea who to go for.
    Team:
    RTTF Lloris
    If Dinge, RTTF Gomez, Scream Otamendi, Walker
    If Wijnaldum, RTTF Torreria, Sissoko
    Scream Payet
    Otw Yedder, Zaha

I’m thinking maybe go Ferdinand and sell Otamendi but that means two unreadable cb. Then I would replace zaha at St. Other option is Wright as St to link with Yedder or maybe Hagi who looks class. Any suggestions on who to take with the team I have?

I’d probably lean towards Hagi. If Otamendi is already doing a great job, then maybe leave him. Zanetti would also be class.

• Dochter
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    What's the best icon for twelve tokens. Came late to the game and missed season 1.
  • djvkool43
    Sudjinn wrote: »
    djvkool43 wrote: »

How are pep and carlos? I cant decide between those 2 or Prime zanetti

Pep is good, stamina could be better I guess, but he is a master in interception, always there, and always at the right time.

Carlos is not bad, depends how you play I guess, to me, he is better when I play wide attacking with fast build up play, but when I change to drop back and possession, I have been exposed a few times on his side
  • djvkool43
    Dochter wrote: »
    What's the best icon for twelve tokens. Came late to the game and missed season 1.

Depending on the quality of your current team, but IMHO it would be Kluivert, you can play him as CAM in 451 and gives strong link to OTW Promes and IF DeBeek, or if you play with Scream Chong too