Most common misunderstandings in fut

Comments

• hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    Kaldmann_X wrote: »
    Menaceuk wrote: »
    Possibly an unpopular post, as a high percentage of you have misunderstood these things in fut. But this is a post where l/you can post the most common misunderstandings.

- Get SBC players for free. No, you can't get SBC players for free. You didn't get POTM Vardy for free, and he didn't cost you 2k etc. He cost more like 18-20k when I got him, with the prices that day. Remember that cost is all resources spent, including your untradeables. Untradeables don't expire, you can use them in another SBC later. Tradeables can be sold instead of submitted. Everyone 18+ should have learned this at some point at school.

- Cards given to real life players. No, you can't say you played against the player. You possibly played against his son, a neighbour etc.

- Chemistry styles. Don't put anchor on all centrebacks etc. Always look at stats, height etc and see what's needed. In some cases you should put attacking chemistry styles on fullbacks. And don't put shadow on a fullback with 90+ pace and only 70 dribbling. Don't use a certain chemistry style just because it gives the player the highest overall rating.
    SBC players for free is actually a misunderstanding on your part. All people mean is they spent 0 coins to complete it.

Chem styles doon't matter. If you have 70 dribbling then a chem style wont make much difference.

I'm right about the SBC cost. It's a fact, you can't really disagree.

And I know how pace works with sprint speed and acceleration 😑

We should bow down to the great all knowing one 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Kaldmann_X
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Possibly an unpopular post, as a high percentage of you have misunderstood these things in fut. But this is a post where l/you can post the most common misunderstandings.

- Get SBC players for free. No, you can't get SBC players for free. You didn't get POTM Vardy for free, and he didn't cost you 2k etc. He cost more like 18-20k when I got him, with the prices that day. Remember that cost is all resources spent, including your untradeables. Untradeables don't expire, you can use them in another SBC later. Tradeables can be sold instead of submitted. Everyone 18+ should have learned this at some point at school.

- Cards given to real life players. No, you can't say you played against the player. You possibly played against his son, a neighbour etc.

- Chemistry styles. Don't put anchor on all centrebacks etc. Always look at stats, height etc and see what's needed. In some cases you should put attacking chemistry styles on fullbacks. And don't put shadow on a fullback with 90+ pace and only 70 dribbling. Don't use a certain chemistry style just because it gives the player the highest overall rating.
    SBC players for free is actually a misunderstanding on your part. All people mean is they spent 0 coins to complete it.

Chem styles doon't matter. If you have 70 dribbling then a chem style wont make much difference.

What? This is simple economic theory. Go back to school 🤦‍♂️
  • CustardHippo
    2876 posts Fans' Favourite
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »
    How about applying a Chem style to a player you normally use as a sub. That doesn't do anything at all or can boost a little bit the stats? That's a legit doubt about FUT that I have 🤷‍♂️

This - subs come on at 5 chem regardless of the position you put them in, which I think equates to +/- 0 on stat boost (5 being the mid, 0-4 being a minus and 6-10 a plus). Therefore anyone whacking a hunter chem on POTM Vardy for a super sub just wasted a hunter chem.

That and a hunter chem on JV is a total waste regardless anyway.

Others...

- People still pause on kick off to change formation, you can do that via the d-pad tactics and the L2 tactics in custom tactics under squad management.

- If you want to quit a game immediately after KO score an own goal first. Basic etiquette, if you decide you dont want to play or have to leave etc for whatever reason, quick OG and out you go. You get the loss regardless so may as well give the win for wasting the time.

- People complaining they are always versus their 'other' kit and not the opponents... you literally can choose if its default to avoid a clash, opponents kit, your kit etc... just change it on the menu.

- You can quick sell all on consumables from the web app. I figure people know this but I also figure plenty still don't.

- You don't have to use the same 11 players as everyone else... shock... horror...
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

You've missed my point 🤣
  • erdhfdsjh
    567 posts An Exciting Prospect
    erdhfdsjh wrote: »
    Durrani13 wrote: »
    Mate I don't get the point if this thread. People may misunderstand or choose a particular perspective whether right or wrong. What difference does it make if someone says the SBC didn't cost them anything? Or that they played a particular player? Or what Chem style they choose to put on their player?

From their perspective they'll argue:

1. They mean it didn't cost them any coins from their savings.
    2. It could have been the player. Some of them are fans of FIFA. How can you be certain it was not them and it was the son or daughter or neighbour?
    3. I have my reasons. I might change formation ingame and use the player in a different role for example.

1. Still not free, as OP explained.
    2. OP did not say he was certain of this. You are switching the burden of proof, by strawmanning the OP.
    3. Fair point.

Ofc it is not free, but I see this as misunderstanding on OP's part, most of people realize that, but the only thing they are talking about when saying SBC cost them 2k, 20k, nothing, is how many coins they had to use bar untradeable players.

Maybe we are all misunderstanding each other on this one.
  • erdhfdsjh
    Mate I don't get the point if this thread. People may misunderstand or choose a particular perspective whether right or wrong. What difference does it make if someone says the SBC didn't cost them anything? Or that they played a particular player? Or what Chem style they choose to put on their player?

2. It could have been the player. Some of them are fans of FIFA. How can you be certain it was not them and it was the son or daughter or neighbour?
    3. I have my reasons. I might change formation ingame and use the player in a different role for example.

2. OP did not say he was certain of this. You are switching the burden of proof, by strawmanning the OP.
    3. Fair point.

When you accuse someone of being wrong the burden of proof is always on the accuser.

No, the OP stated you cannot be sure you are playing that footballer, and gave plausible alternative explanations. Then he was accused of claiming you always played someone other than the footballer, which was not the claim, thus a strawman.
  • Menaceuk
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero

I just did. In the context of ghe discussion, you're wrong. You're because the misconception you speak of is actually a misconception on your part.

Didn't say anything agout sprint speed or acceleration.

Another guy did, I only quoted you. And search for definition of cost, please.

I don't need to search, it is irrelevant.

Clearly you don't understand the term misconception at all. Which is a bit ironic.

It's very relevant. Learn economic theory = understand fut better.

Has nothing to do with economics you dumb ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

You're taking things too literally. When people say "I did it foer free" they just mean they completed with cards already in their club. That is it. People know the cards have value. But that is irrelevant to what they are actually saying.

Jesus ❤️❤️❤️❤️ christ. Why does simple ❤️❤️❤️❤️ need spelling out.
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro

I just did. In the context of ghe discussion, you're wrong. You're because the misconception you speak of is actually a misconception on your part.

Didn't say anything agout sprint speed or acceleration.

Another guy did, I only quoted you. And search for definition of cost, please.

I don't need to search, it is irrelevant.

Clearly you don't understand the term misconception at all. Which is a bit ironic.

It's very relevant. Learn economic theory = understand fut better.

Has nothing to do with economics you dumb ****.

You're taking things too literally. When people say "I did it foer free" they just mean they completed with cards already in their club. That is it. People know the cards have value. But that is irrelevant to what they are actually saying.

Jesus **** christ. Why does simple **** need spelling out.

Small willy syndrome mate, makes them feel good about themselves
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite

You keep going on about economic theory. Care to enlighten us which theory you are referring to in this context. Have you heard of sunk costs?
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite

3. Fair point.

When you accuse someone of being wrong the burden of proof is always on the accuser.

No, the OP stated you cannot be sure you are playing that footballer, and gave plausible alternative explanations. Then he was accused of claiming you always played someone other than the footballer, which was not the claim, thus a strawman.

You and the OP make no sense. This is just a troll thread. That's obvious now.
  • Chavez76
    6113 posts Big Money Move

3. Fair point.

are you aware on the process how to get such a card? You can't just send an email to EA stating 'hey, I am Roberto Firmino, give me a 99 card please' ..

but, I agree with 'This is just a troll thread now' from @Durrani13
  • erdhfdsjh
    Chavez76 wrote: »

3. Fair point.

are you aware on the process how to get such a card? You can't just send an email to EA stating 'hey, I am Roberto Firmino, give me a 99 card please' ..

but, I agree with 'This is just a troll thread now' from @Durrani13

Are you aware that there is no biometric login or other high end security measures to guarantee noone but the owner plays his Playstation/Xbox? A player could easily let his child or his friend play.

Sorry if you think this is trolling, to me this is basic logic. One person said something might not be as it seems, another argued a strawman, I pointed it out, and you called me a troll. Nice thread this.
  • Gaz41S
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2019
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »
    How about applying a Chem style to a player you normally use as a sub. That doesn't do anything at all or can boost a little bit the stats? That's a legit doubt about FUT that I have 🤷‍♂️

This - subs come on at 5 chem regardless of the position you put them in, which I think equates to +/- 0 on stat boost (5 being the mid, 0-4 being a minus and 6-10 a plus). Therefore anyone whacking a hunter chem on POTM Vardy for a super sub just wasted a hunter chem.

That and a hunter chem on JV is a total waste regardless anyway.

Others...

- People still pause on kick off to change formation, you can do that via the d-pad tactics and the L2 tactics in custom tactics under squad management.

- If you want to quit a game immediately after KO score an own goal first. Basic etiquette, if you decide you dont want to play or have to leave etc for whatever reason, quick OG and out you go. You get the loss regardless so may as well give the win for wasting the time.

- People complaining they are always versus their 'other' kit and not the opponents... you literally can choose if its default to avoid a clash, opponents kit, your kit etc... just change it on the menu.

- You can quick sell all on consumables from the web app. I figure people know this but I also figure plenty still don't.

- You don't have to use the same 11 players as everyone else... shock... horror...

Don't forget players calling a player over for a short corner just so it drags one of you're defenders with them. Still 1 less player each in the box when you whip it in. I've literally never seen anyone score a corner doing this.
  • Amargaladaster26
    9714 posts League Winner

3. Fair point.

Ofc it is not free, but I see this as misunderstanding on OP's part, most of people realize that, but the only thing they are talking about when saying SBC cost them 2k, 20k, nothing, is how many coins they had to use bar untradeable players.

Oh, definitely. OP goes on a rant about exact economic definition of cost, while majority of others just mean, that they didnt have to use coins to finish an SBC.
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2579 posts National Call-Up
    A common misunderstanding in FUT is...

EA put out 6pm content...

The community: nobody asked for this EA
  • Kaldmann_X

3. Fair point.

Oh, definitely. OP goes on a rant about exact economic definition of cost, while majority of others just mean, that they didnt have to use coins to finish an SBC.

I know exactly what people mean, I'm just saying they're wrong and lack basic economic knowledge.

You should have learned this around the age of 15.
  • Kaldmann_X

You keep going on about economic theory. Care to enlighten us which theory you are referring to in this context. Have you heard of sunk costs?

I know what sunk cost means, but not very relevant. Please open a book about basic economic topics.

Cost = resources spent/used. Even resources with very low value.
  • If we want be pedantic about it what about the cost of electricity, time, wear and tear on console, cost of time etc. Then what about all the overheads like a console, a tv, a house etc...

Vardy cost me no coins... but £6,547
  • Kaldmann_X
    mr_flibble wrote: »
    If we want be pedantic about it what about the cost of electricity, time, wear and tear on console, cost of time etc. Then what about all the overheads like a console, a tv, a house etc...

He cost you a cost it's possible to calculate in coins. Let's say you used tradeables with a total value of 20k. You didn't have to get any new players, but you could have sold these players.

Often hard to calculate cost, but clearly still a cost. A low rated untradeable bronze will have a very low cost when you submit him in an SBC.
  • Kaldmann_X wrote: »
    If we want be pedantic about it what about the cost of electricity, time, wear and tear on console, cost of time etc. Then what about all the overheads like a console, a tv, a house etc...

He cost you a cost it's possible to calculate in coins. Let's say you used tradeables with a total value of 20k. You didn't have to get any new players, but you could have sold these players.

Often hard to calculate cost, but clearly still a cost. A low rated untradeable bronze will have a very low cost when you submit him in an SBC.

"Cost" vs "value"
    Doing vardy had no cost for me but I used untradable players with a nominal value of x coins.
  • Kaldmann_X

"Cost" vs "value"
    Doing vardy had no cost for me but I used untradable players with a nominal value of x coins.

Submitted players is always a cost, unless the player is a duplicate untradeable.

If you're able to prove me wrong, you'll possibly win a Nobel prize in economy. Good luck.
  • Isn’t the SBC point just down to how people run their clubs

Both sides can make sense
  • Guvnor
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2019
    I stick hunter on all attacking players and shadow on all defenders and one cdm, and you can say it’s a waste, but I have 88 owen and I had the best Chem style on him from futbins point of view, and I was like meh he’s not good enough, tried a hunter on him and the diffenrece is night and day, and it’s not a placebo effect, my bro got owen prime from the swaps, and he did the same and was like wow what a difference, until fifa is not all about max pace all the other cards like artist (which Max’s most players rating out on futbin is useless.) apart from that yes agree on your other points.

I have maradona at cam, 91 pace, came with a sniper card on him, didn’t feel it, bang goes the hunter card and again he feels quicker.

And also for ever one getting into economics, for starters stop trying to out intelligent everyone, god you all sound like proper whallies, we are all sat on a blooming fifa forum, so none of us are living the life 🤦🏽‍♂️, no matter how clever you think you are, and apart from time invested all SBCs are actually free, as there is literally no value in fifa coins, none, none what so ever, it’s a game with imaginary coins! Spend them how you want! Just spend them!! Don’t keep them and play with a crappy team it makes NO SENSE!!
  • Amargaladaster26
    9714 posts League Winner

3. Fair point.

I know exactly what people mean, I'm just saying they're wrong and lack basic economic knowledge.

You should have learned this around the age of 15.

And I am just saying that vast majority understands that, have the knowledge, just talk about coins.

Or you would be more happy if they said SBC cost me additional 3k to my untradeables?
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    Most misunderstood thing is that people who make threads know what they’re talking about.
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro

The biggest misunderstanding is that you think you are more intelligent than the rest of the forum. I accept that a casual player may think the above but if you take the game seriously enough to come onto the forum then these are just basics and you’re repeating what everyone else already knows. I’m fact if you’ve just figured out that SBC’s are not free then you are probably behind the rest of us in game intelligence.

My suggestion to you is to go back on to YouTube and hear something new the guys say then you can repeat what you have heard again, then make a new post, or even better get out the house and meet people (probably best you don’t try and tell them how superior you are though, they may not like it)

• Mmandras
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    I think you only touched the tip of the iceberg and there are much more serious misunderstandings. Let me add a few.

- Chem styles really boost stats as shown on attribute screen, but because % of the stat increase is not higher than 20% people think it is just placebo. Stats are stats, but overall feel is very subjective and sensitive to network conditions.
    - Tall players will never have high balance and short players will always have high balance. TOTS and TOTY cards are obvious exception
    - Stamina for ST and CB is still completely irrelevant and everything above 50 is perfectly fine.
    - Trading is much more time effective than anything you can earn by playing. You need many games to reach 1st place mid division and only couple of hours of casual, risk free trading while doing other stuff. Yet people refer to teading as second job, and don't have actual concept of how time consuming it really is.
    - Spending money on FP is completely obsolete.
    - The greatest misconception by far is about how good this game really is. It is much better than people give it credit for, rationalizing their dedication to "unplayable" game as pure addiction.
    - Every multiplayer game has lag. You just tend to notice it more in Fifa because it requires incredible precision.
    - Dynamic difficulty is eather biggest coverup in video game history or greatest community hysteria ever created. And I'm not sure which is worse, being actually insane, or fooled by a video game company.
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    Funny watching people argue so strongly about things they don’t really understand.
  • Kaldmann_X
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Most misunderstood thing is that people who make threads know what they’re talking about.

I'm one of the VERY few who know what they're talking about. I wouldn't have created this thread if I wasn't sure I'm right.

Why do you all feel the need to comment and disagree when you don't have any economic foundation? That's when you're either taking a more humble approach or stay away from the entire thread. You don't have to post your opinion about everything, even when you don't have a minimum of theoretical knowledge.
  • They Caged Non
    6267 posts Big Money Move
    your most common misunderstanding... nobody gives a ❤️❤️❤️❤️