Lost my head today and made laggers pay back

Comments

• tworaf
    409 posts An Exciting Prospect
    NornIron wrote: »
    Just posted about quitting 30 matches since last week needed one win for the icon objectives, just connected my xbox to mobile 4g, 3 flicked to 4bars connection. I didnt pause as the game was okay did speed up for about 1 sec near halftime.
    On the gameplay felt slow not as slow as usual but my players were 100x stronger, sprint speed felt the same as my opponent and players did automatically intercept balls, tackles 50/50 were very good like real life.

Won 4-2 first win in at least 30 matches had dropped from division 2 to 6.

So my Home broadband doesnt work for fifa despite getting 5 bars every match and having a great connection also have about 11mths left on my contract how do I explain that to my isp.

its not your isp, its the netcode. when you have perfect stable connection there is a huge chance your playing someone with bad internet (long distance wifi/cellular phone teethered data/connection shared with other people who are using bandwidth...) so the net code instead of punishing your opponent unstable internet, you get slowed down to keep the game in sync
  • NornIron
    13800 posts Has That Special Something
    yogibear wrote: »
    This will destroy this game even further.

How 3 bar flicking to 4 should be good for fifa. Only people at fault here is EA if its some kinda lag compensation. Or there's some reason home networks dont work correctly with Fifa.
  • NornIron
    edited November 2019
    tworaf wrote: »
    NornIron wrote: »
    Just posted about quitting 30 matches since last week needed one win for the icon objectives, just connected my xbox to mobile 4g, 3 flicked to 4bars connection. I didnt pause as the game was okay did speed up for about 1 sec near halftime.
    On the gameplay felt slow not as slow as usual but my players were 100x stronger, sprint speed felt the same as my opponent and players did automatically intercept balls, tackles 50/50 were very good like real life.

Won 4-2 first win in at least 30 matches had dropped from division 2 to 6.

So my Home broadband doesnt work for fifa despite getting 5 bars every match and having a great connection also have about 11mths left on my contract how do I explain that to my isp.

its not your isp, its the netcode. when you have perfect stable connection there is a huge chance your playing someone with bad internet (long distance wifi/cellular phone teethered data/connection shared with other people who are using bandwidth...) so the net code instead of punishing your opponent unstable internet, you get slowed down to keep the game in sync

See im not sure if its opponents as squad battles can even feel slow, im trying right now and its great. And out of the last 30 people surely I cant have a better connection than them all.

Also better mention when I loaded fifa with the 4g connecting I got the syncing data bar again. Xbox one.
  • Orison
    55409 posts National Treasure

If it worked which it doesn't.
  • NornIron
    edited November 2019
    Orison wrote: »

If it worked which it doesn't.

Yeah this if you think your going to lag your opponents into winning a match it doesnt work. I could have lost the match I won 4-2 I scored 2 late goals. But if I used my 5 bar connection I would have left after 10mins.
    Because my opponent would have steam rolled over my players. And my AI would have been dragged around the pitch.

Got my icon now but wont be playing fifa as it doesnt work as it should on my home network.
  • Don diddly
    63 posts Park Captain
    PegLeg wrote: »
    "It was actually fun seeing how my opponents cant move their defenders and how every thing almost always rebounds to me"

How can you get joy out of seeing someone suffer EAs nonsense while you're pratting about on a 3g connection? Doesn't make you much better than EA tbh

But he has proved a point
  • Don diddly
    63 posts Park Captain
    So tries out method. Hot spotted from my phone and got 2 bars but dominated possession, got all the bounce , keeper was a god but main difference was passing was better and change player worked. Next question is wheres the best 4g provider for home broadband 😂
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    madwullie wrote: »
    6Khedira6 wrote: »
    05191c70a1b3e497750803c8afa3bb37b4d479-v5-wm.jpg?v=4

Basically this.

No you didn't mate. You didn't do any of that. None of that happened.

Agreed.
  • tworaf
    409 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Don diddly wrote: »
    So tries out method. Hot spotted from my phone and got 2 bars but dominated possession, got all the bounce , keeper was a god but main difference was passing was better and change player worked. Next question is wheres the best 4g provider for home broadband 😂

welcome to the club.
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    Don diddly wrote: »
    PegLeg wrote: »
    "It was actually fun seeing how my opponents cant move their defenders and how every thing almost always rebounds to me"

How can you get joy out of seeing someone suffer EAs nonsense while you're pratting about on a 3g connection? Doesn't make you much better than EA tbh

But he has proved a point

The point being that he's a ball bag?
  • TheMightyBee
    3109 posts National Call-Up
    Try doing this at the weekend or peak times, I bet it will make no difference.
  • o0OainavO0o
    2520 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yup, coming up it all day in dr, it’s pretty obvious a lot of players are doing it. I’m wired and multiple times I’ve come up against teams where I’m doing nothing but moving slow and everything I do is delayed and then the speed up lag hits and everybody is running turbo speed all over the place. I’m on the fastest network Xfinity offers, I shouldn’t be at a disadvantage due to my opponents connection. This really should be fixed.
  • NornIron
    If you don't already have a moderate nat you might want to try it, I know my 4g was moderate with no upnp. My home network is always open have tried upnp, dmz and port forwarding nothing works.
    Or strict if I turn all these off.
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    690 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I hadn't played online until a month ago due to having crappy 5MBPS post office internet (actually more like 3MBPS in truth) ,.....decided to upgrade to 30MBPS so I could get a decent connection for online play.

Not very impressed with lag issues so spoke to an EA rep today and apparently I need some extra kit to get the best out of online play...anyone know where I can get one of these?

Wu3y5Id.jpg