• Farlz
    8859 posts League Winner
    up the blades
  • Handy Andy
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    ITT we stan Wilder
  • Lard_Lad
    12710 posts Has That Special Something
    Proper gutted, played them off the park for 70 mins, they had 5 great minutes when we were clearly flagging. Can’t believe how well we’ve done this season.
  • Ahmer50x
    22834 posts Club Captain
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Proper gutted, played them off the park for 70 mins, they had 5 great minutes when we were clearly flagging. Can’t believe how well we’ve done this season.

Nothing but massive respect for your club. Hope you guys have a great season!
  • Dizzy Bala
    3770 posts National Call-Up
    Nice 15 minute video about the creating of our Tifo at the City Ground against Derby earlier in the month. Talking about Forest players that played in the war.

• AaronMFC
    1800 posts Play-Off Hero
    Were so good at not winning games until johnson was sent off we were absolutely brilliant today i dont think we can put it just down to the red card though. With 10 men we couldnt have played a worse game we didnt try and keep the ball at all we just put everyone behind the ball and aimlessly lumped it theres no way thats a sustainable strategy. Still might have worked without jared bowen but pressure builds when you have no intention of even playing simple passes.
  • They Caged Non
    6133 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Were so good at not winning games until johnson was sent off we were absolutely brilliant today i dont think we can put it just down to the red card though. With 10 men we couldnt have played a worse game we didnt try and keep the ball at all we just put everyone behind the ball and aimlessly lumped it theres no way thats a sustainable strategy. Still might have worked without jared bowen but pressure builds when you have no intention of even playing simple passes.

We don’t have players with the ability to retain the ball unfortunately, I can’t remember the last time I ever saw a ‘good passage of play’ from Boro
  • AaronMFC
    1800 posts Play-Off Hero
    AaronMFC wrote: »

We don’t have players with the ability to retain the ball unfortunately, I can’t remember the last time I ever saw a ‘good passage of play’ from Boro

We didnt even try and knock it down the channels or anything though just hit it straight to the cbs everytime we got the ball second half only dijksteel tried to go forward with it. Didnt help that clayton was booked for time wasting after 55 mins meant him being subbed on was mostly pointless since he could barely put a foot in.
  • BrentfordFC
    13411 posts Has That Special Something
    To think we turned down wilder few years ago when signing warburton. Makes me wonder what could of happened. Credit to Sheffield doing well
  • Hicksy2011
    16343 posts World Class
    We hired Richie Barker instead of Wilder
    We fired Barker after two months because he was close to getting us relegated to the conference, and later admitted he didn’t even want to be a manager and is now just an assistant everywhere
    Absolute shambles
  • wheelerdeeler
    7022 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019
    Saw MNF were doing it tonight, so what's your (team specific) team and goal of the decade.

Goal is Kasami against Palace. Because I'll maintain that's the best goal I've ever seen and it probably won't even get a mention on MNF tonight.

Team (4-4-2);
    Schwarzer; Fredericks, Hughes, Hangeland, R. Sessegnon (hypocritical I know); Gera, Cairney, (Belgian) Dembele, Dempsey; Mitrovic, Zamora.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7022 posts Big Money Move
    They mentioned the Kasami goal. Fair play.

Might as well do Worst Team of the decade as well.
    5-4-1
    Stekelenburg; Jazz Richards, Zverotic, Stearman, Burn, Voser; Chihi, Fotheringham, Boateng, Kavanagh; Bent.
  • Hicksy2011
    16343 posts World Class
    Thanks to the fact we spent almost every year of this decade in administration, in league 2 or watching Jackettball in league 1 I’ve managed to remove most of the time from my memory
    Got a few decent lads from the start like O’Hara and KP Boateng
    Jed Wallace, Ben Thompson, Matt Clarke and Jamal Lowe probably all in there too
    Best goal has to be Norris against Scummers, although Doyle vs Accrington is probably the actual best goal
  • ryan217
    2917 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2019
    Saw MNF were doing it tonight, so what's your (team specific) team and goal of the decade.

Goal is Kasami against Palace. Because I'll maintain that's the best goal I've ever seen and it probably won't even get a mention on MNF tonight.

Team (4-4-2);
    Schwarzer; Fredericks, Hughes, Hangeland, R. Sessegnon (hypocritical I know); Gera, Cairney, (Belgian) Dembele, Dempsey; Mitrovic, Zamora.

Goal is a tough one, we've had some incredible goals over the last 10 years (Hudson v Derby, Whittingham v Barnsley or Bellamy v the jack ❤️❤️❤️❤️ immediately spring to mind) but it's got to be Turner's equaliser against Liverpool in the 120th minute of the league final for the absolute bedlam that followed

Team is
    Marshall
    Mcnaughton Bamba Manga Fabio
    Medel
    Camarasa Whittingham
    Ramsey
    Chopra Bothroyd

Looking back it's a bit depressing how we went from a team who were brilliant going forward and a shambles at the back to the complete opposite without ever finding any balance whatsoever
    Post edited by ryan217 on
  • Dizzy Bala
    3770 posts National Call-Up
    If we're talking over the past ten years.
    Samba
    Lichaj Morgan Dawson Jokic
    Lansbury Colback
    Lolley McGugan Antonio
    Assombalonga

As for worst,
    Stojkovic
    Perch Hefele Lynch Fox
    Lica Boateng Greening Dumitru
    Djebbour Veldwijk
  • BristolMDF
    1104 posts Professional
    edited November 2019
    Gotta be Korey Smith vs Man Utd for pure champagne moment. We didn’t have an awful lot to cheer for most years of the decade before that.

My previous stock answer to this question (David Noble vs Palace in the Championship playoff semi) has now slipped out of the last ten years (Christ I feel old now).

Team of the last decade....some are based on how they went on to perform rather than what they did with us per se.
    Heaton

Ayling - Kalas - Webster - Bryan

Bolasie - W Elliott - Nagy - McIndoe

Reid

Abraham
  • Alastair
    10202 posts Moderator
    DelboyIRA wrote: »
    only positive thing about international break is that there is many lower leagues games on TV :)

77290788_1562221550583199_755422848297730048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQkSsxu5du8FxPXX515BsxvmeaaeRpwn8b5pxkQsxnEOLGnqQPsduqbnjO6UmTaD1k4&_nc_ht=scontent.fzag3-1.fna&oh=f592a5232360497310ee2c728110c563&oe=5E87CFDC

@DelboyIRA Is that the European Championships trophy next to your TV?
  • Alastair
    10202 posts Moderator
    Karlos wrote: »

:joy:

He’s not played enough for me to make a judgement yet. He’s taking forever to get match fit. You’d think training full time with us/Rochdale would get him close to Conf North match fitness by now.

• They Caged Non
    Goal

/thread
  • They Caged Non
    the team im not willing to even look back through our rubbish to come up with that.
  • the team im not willing to even look back through our rubbish to come up with that.

You could always do a worst team, or are there too many options for that?
  • Farlz
    8859 posts League Winner
    Friedel
    Dunne - Vlaar - Mings
    Young - McGinn - Petrov - Milner - Grealish
    Tammy - Benteke

We haven't exactly been blessed with good fullbacks so something like that seems about right, defence was the hardest to decide on. Terry in or out was tough but went for Concrete Ron in the end as we got more out of him and James Collins was great at the start of the decade so maybe unfortunate not to be in.

We've had way too much ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for a worst team but I'll say Lescott and Richards would be in and share captaincy. Pair of jokers.
  • They Caged Non
    mott1993 wrote: »
    the team im not willing to even look back through our rubbish to come up with that.

You could always do a worst team, or are there too many options for that?

my fingers would drop off if was having to type those names out.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4245 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2019
    Best:
    Kane Wood
    Townsend Thompson Abdou J.Wallace
    Meredith Cooper Hutchinson Dunne
    Bialkowski

Worst:
    Maierhofer Taylor-Fletcher
    N'Guessan Chaplow Wright Cowan-Hall
    Briggs Osborne Shackell Hoyte
    Archer

We really have had some dross over the last decade.

Really can't decide on my favourite goal.

Hutchinson v Bristol Rovers
    Morison v Bradford
    Cummings v Leicester
    Murray Wallace v Everton

• AaronMFC
    1800 posts Play-Off Hero
    Goal

/thread

first thing that came to my mid as well,

Ill have a stab at the team

Randolph
    Nsue Ayala Gibson Friend
    Clayton De roon
    traore Ramirez Adomah
    Negredo

Stuani would be in if we played him as a striker was debating chambers as well he had a good season for us in the prem. Wouldnt surprise me if iv entirely forgot someone, left out leadbitter think he was bang average and as good as dimi is couldnt put him above randolph or probably valdes. There wasnt much choice at rb since nsue did a solid job as a makeshift right back when we got promoted.
  • DelboyIRA
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    Alastair wrote: »
    DelboyIRA wrote: »
    only positive thing about international break is that there is many lower leagues games on TV :)

77290788_1562221550583199_755422848297730048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQkSsxu5du8FxPXX515BsxvmeaaeRpwn8b5pxkQsxnEOLGnqQPsduqbnjO6UmTaD1k4&_nc_ht=scontent.fzag3-1.fna&oh=f592a5232360497310ee2c728110c563&oe=5E87CFDC

@DelboyIRA Is that the European Championships trophy next to your TV?

hahah good one :) this is Roman amphora, but at least now I know from where UEFA took the design of today’s trophy :)