This seems to have improved my button delay issue. Video added. Revisited.

Comments

• d3b4s1s
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think this helped. I've been having intermittent delay/lag issues and after following these, last few matches have been responsive, including the horrible lag in Squad Battles. I hope it's this and nothing else that might come back again.

I'll play more over the week and watch how it goes. Will post

Thank you for sharing (: Cheers!
  • Headshrinker363
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    ASX wrote: »
    Have to say theres something to this.

Need to play a few more games but I appear to have very little, if any, delay, passing is crisp and happens when I press pass.

Real test in WL I guess.

How to enable cloud save please?

@Aqeel87 This is for PS4

Go to settings>Application Saved Data>Saved Data In System Storage>Upload To Online Storage.
  • Headshrinker363

Need to play a few more games but I appear to have very little, if any, delay, passing is crisp and happens when I press pass.

Real test in WL I guess.
    d3b4s1s wrote: »
    I think this helped. I've been having intermittent delay/lag issues and after following these, last few matches have been responsive, including the horrible lag in Squad Battles. I hope it's this and nothing else that might come back again.

I’m glad it’s looking positive for others, the real test will be WL.
  • ASX
    3438 posts National Call-Up

Real test in WL I guess.

Thanks for the tip :)
  • Headshrinker363
    edited November 2019

Real test in WL I guess.

Thanks for the tip :)

It’s part of what the forum is for, hope others try and get a positive outcome.

Keep us updated on how it goes through WL.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2019
    I am on PS4 mate but where to enable cloud save? Followed all steps but can't find cloud save option.
  • Headshrinker363
    I am on PS4 mate but where to enable cloud save? Followed all steps but can't find cloud save option.

That’s the steps to cloud save after doing this

Real test in WL I guess.

@Aqeel87 This is for PS4

Go to settings>Application Saved Data>Saved Data In System Storage>Upload To Online Storage.

Go to step 1
  • Aqeel87

Real test in WL I guess.

@Aqeel87 This is for PS4

Go to step 1

OK thanks just did it all let's see.
  • Headshrinker363

Real test in WL I guess.

@Aqeel87 This is for PS4

Go to step 1

Let us know how you get on.

3 games so far today. First one I had delay, next two as smooth as can be.
  • Aqeel87

Real test in WL I guess.

@Aqeel87 This is for PS4

Go to step 1

3 games so far today. First one I had delay, next two as smooth as can be.

Didn't change anything mate same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ gameplay.
  • d3b4s1s
    Update: I'm still playing with little/no lag after trying this. I'm not sure if it's this or something else has changed, I hope it's this. Definitely worth a try.

Also since the delay isn't bad, I decided to play weekend league for the first time this week and I'm actually winning matches. Man, how i always thought I'm not good enough, without fully realising how badly the delay/lag actually affects it.
  • CharlieC
    7422 posts League Winner
    If this is a fix, why didn't EA communicate it when this issue is the one that gets the most complaints. I feel its probably placebo but I'm willing to try anything.
  • d3b4s1s
    CharlieC wrote: »
    If this is a fix, why didn't EA communicate it when this issue is the one that gets the most complaints. I feel its probably placebo but I'm willing to try anything.

Even i was wondering the same. But i guess coz delay/lag is a much broader issue, which I believe still exists in many ways for many. This could be one of the solution, if not 'the' solution. Do try it.

It's definitely not placebo. You an imagine how bad it could've been for me that I'd given up WL completely. It seems to be significantly better now. It could be something else, but doesn't hurt to do such simple steps.
  • DSM1988
    68 posts Park Captain
    Haven't tried this yet, but on FIFA 18 I had a glitch where I was booted from games at some point in the first half every time. This was the solution. So the content of these files does have a bearing, definitely.
  • d3b4s1s
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    Haven't tried this yet, but on FIFA 18 I had a glitch where I was booted from games at some point in the first half every time. This was the solution. So the content of these files does have a bearing, definitely.

That makes sense. It's as simple as 'too much junk slows a computer down' so this could be one of the solutions.
  • Headshrinker363
    Sorry I’ve not been able to post these past few days. How has people’s weekend leagues been if they’ve tried it? Mine has been button delay free so far, 20+ games in so far. It hasn’t stopped other forces of nature coming into play though, that’s impossible to stop.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Tried it just now, and played the most delayed match since FIFA 17.
  • Headshrinker363
    Recoba wrote: »
    Tried it just now, and played the most delayed match since FIFA 17.

That’s no good, hope it’s that bad for a one off. Maybe try contacting ea live chat and see what they say.
  • CharlieC
    7422 posts League Winner
    I did it on Friday and gameplay seems ok for me. I’ve won a lot more games than normal and when I’ve lost, it’s been deserved ( bad decisions etc). I need to play for another week or so to give it a proper test though. I’m conscious of the Fifa streaks though, I may just be on a good one.
  • ASX
    3438 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2019
    Any updates from people here?

This really worked for me.

Had my best WL finish at 16-14, bottled the last 2 games through mistakes or would have been G2.

Up to div5 in Rivals for the first time this year with recent form of 11 wins, 3 losses.

Gameplay is smooth, player switching works, responsive game now, I do get the odd game where its not great but overall I get large chunks of good gameplay rather than game after game of delay.

Thanks OP
    Post edited by ASX on
  • TheBenson
    461 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gonna give this a try. Will report back soon
  • Bouboe112
    507 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You cant do this if you dont have playstation plus right ? Any other options then?
  • Str8hii
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    OP does this still work or its back to same old ?
  • Headshrinker363
    Any updates from people here?

This really worked for me.

Had my best WL finish at 16-14, bottled the last 2 games through mistakes or would have been G2.

Up to div5 in Rivals for the first time this year with recent form of 11 wins, 3 losses.

Gameplay is smooth, player switching works, responsive game now, I do get the odd game where its not great but overall I get large chunks of good gameplay rather than game after game of delay.

Thanks OP

Glad it’s helped, it’s a different game when you can pass, tackle etc when you want.
    TheBenson wrote: »
    Gonna give this a try. Will report back soon

Bouboe112 wrote: »
    You cant do this if you dont have playstation plus right ? Any other options then?

To be honest, I’m not sure. Do you need ps+ to save your game data online?
    Str8hii wrote: »
    OP does this still work or its back to same old ?

I’m still playing button delay free.
  • Headshrinker363
    Also I’d like to add, two workmates have tried this and it’s helped them on PS4. Another work mate has an Xbox and is suffering button delay. He’s going to try find out how to cloud save on it and try the steps. I’ll let you know how he gets on.
  • NornIron
    14300 posts Has That Special Something
    Have you tried since downloading the new update?
  • Headshrinker363
    NornIron wrote: »
    Have you tried since downloading the new update?

Just noticed the update is out downloading now.
  • NornIron
    14300 posts Has That Special Something
    NornIron wrote: »
    Have you gtried since downloading the new update?

Just noticed the update is out downloading now.

That will be the real test, im thinking this whole problem is caused by how the data syncs.
  • vjake
    655 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Also I’d like to add, two workmates have tried this and it’s helped them on PS4. Another work mate has an Xbox and is suffering button delay. He’s going to try find out how to cloud save on it and try the steps. I’ll let you know how he gets on.

Let me know how he does it please on XB1, I keep forgetting to try it at home. I'll try remember this time lol
  • Aqeel87
    Didn't help me at all on PS4.
    Should I try it again?