The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fifa 20 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Keano
    14896 posts Has That Special Something
    Keano wrote: »
    Someone recommend any icon midfielder or attacker for 1.4m. Doesn’t really matter whether they are needed or fit. Just looking for a bit of fun.

Super bored at the moment.

I always recommend Best, but that's my go to attacker so i'm clearly bias.

I’ve bought and sold him twice already. Not because he was bad or anything, just saw the opportunity for profit. Lol. 90 Best is fantastic

Using the 88 myself love him
  • James Libby
    6253 posts Big Money Move
    Scutch wrote: »
    Yeah prices are insane.

What is the deal?
  • NornIron
    12303 posts Has That Special Something
    Is there much difference between Best and Garrincha any version? Will be playing LW.
  • AjaxLegends
    2782 posts Fans' Favourite
    NornIron wrote: »
    Is there much difference between Best and Garrincha any version? Will be playing LW.

Not really would rate them on par.
  • bouyouhou
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have tested the best players in this Fifa but my good god Makelele 87 is a hero. A real beast. The best CDM you can get in this game. Impressive.
  • NornIron
    12303 posts Has That Special Something

Comparing stats baby Best looks best.
    Had his prime last year who was great its just because Garrincha is new I was wondering but he looks slightly weaker than Best.

bouyouhou wrote: »
    I have tested the best players in this Fifa but my good god Makelele 87 is a hero. A real beast. The best CDM you can get in this game. Impressive.

Better than Kante?
  • kdm48
    11 posts Ball Boy

Only had their base and preferred Garrincha over Best. Garrincha just had that x factor about him that I didn't feel like Best had, and obviously the 5* skills is a huge plus
  • AjaxLegends
    2782 posts Fans' Favourite

Comparing stats baby Best looks best.
    Had his prime last year who was great its just because Garrincha is new I was wondering but he looks slightly weaker than Best.

Better than Kante?

I went back and forth between the two. But in the end not much between them. Both very smooth on the ball and a lot of fun. Garrincha tad smoother while Best seems to win more rebound situation. Finishing on both is good but a little too inconsistent to be elite.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32519 posts National Team Captain
    Scutch wrote: »
    Yeah prices are insane.

What is the deal?

It’s weird I’m nervous to buy a few guys because I feel like they can’t sustain their current price. The icon market is just strange atm
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional
    If those are Kaka's how much do we think he will cost?
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional
    TGfHth0.jpg

How should I finish this with 2.5m?
  • Butra and Carlos alberto
  • ORANGEeffect05
    22701 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2019
    Brace in Zidane's debut :love:

First goal was a beauty but forgot to save it
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Any reviews for base R10? Worth the price? Figured with a hunter or something on him.
  • Any reviews for base R10? Worth the price? Figured with a hunter or something on him.
    The difference in acceleration is noticeable from the 91. Everything else feels the same to me. I use Engine on mine as a striker.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Any reviews for base R10? Worth the price? Figured with a hunter or something on him.
    The difference in acceleration is noticeable from the 91. Everything else feels the same to me. I use Engine on mine as a striker.

How’s his finishing?
  • Any reviews for base R10? Worth the price? Figured with a hunter or something on him.

How’s his finishing?
    Pretty consistent. His cards have always missed the occasional sitter for me but finesse is great and power shots feel fine.
  • Matnevesbra
    1126 posts Professional
    Got baby seedorf from icon pack. Used him for almost 100 games and he is very good, similar to pogba imo. Make decent runs, very good passing and shooting inside the box, strong and not clunky. Recomend him 100%. Using as cdm with RTTF Kante
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Got baby seedorf from icon pack. Used him for almost 100 games and he is very good, similar to pogba imo. Make decent runs, very good passing and shooting inside the box, strong and not clunky. Recomend him 100%. Using as cdm with RTTF Kante

Had him last year and he was very good. Very usable.
  • Lackosweat
    6230 posts Big Money Move
    TGfHth0.jpg

How should I finish this with 2.5m?

Ronaldinho and Militao
  • GeTRiGhT
    9580 posts League Winner

I was going to get Kante but I can afford this guy. Have you used Kante? @bouyouhou
  • kdm48
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Been using 88 Koeman recently and I have to say this guy is ridiculous. I got him paired up with Scream Pique and they compliment each other so well. He's not lacking in anything which is what I love about him, he has every attribute you need in a CB and he can even play as a CDM/CM since his passing, shooting and dribbling is superb. Out of all the icon CBs I've tried out this year he's comfortably the best, can't recommend him highly enough
  • x Justin Time
    79 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2019
    How would you guys finish this team with 2.2m? Have storyline Politano too oyCqWAh.jpg

Ok cant for the life of me figure out how to post pics on mobile, this is the link https://imgur.com/gallery/oyCqWAh
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional
    How would you guys finish this team with 2.2m? Have storyline Politano too oyCqWAh.jpg

Ok cant for the life of me figure out how to post pics on mobile, this is the link https://imgur.com/gallery/oyCqWAh

z5t1ck9.jpg
  • How would you guys finish this team with 2.2m? Have storyline Politano too oyCqWAh.jpg

z5t1ck9.jpg

Thanks man

Should add I switch Johnathan to striker in game to a 4312 or 4231, so an icon that can play striker and CAM would be ideal
  • Dzeko86BIH
    198 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hows 89 Gerrard? I got Flashback Paulinho so Im leaning more toward Zanetti or Butragueno
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional

z5t1ck9.jpg

Thanks man

Should add I switch Johnathan to striker in game to a 4312 or 4231, so an icon that can play striker and CAM would be ideal

Thoughts on neymar and garrincha. Then whoever you can fit into striker?
  • How would you guys finish this team with 2.2m? Have storyline Politano too oyCqWAh.jpg

z5t1ck9.jpg

Thanks man

Thoughts on neymar and garrincha. Then whoever you can fit into striker?

Yeah definitely looked at them two, they seem the most fun but having that many brazilians in my team puts me off a little haha.

I’ll give them a go this weekend league and can try Firmino as the last player since he can play CM in a 4312 or as the CAM in the 4231.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited November 2019
    Which Essien is better and is either worth their price over buying mid Keane or mid Pep?

Ultimately, I need a central icon suggestion (doesn’t matter if attacking or defensive) who is good and ideally relatively safe as far as shouldn’t tank in value. If possible.
    Post edited by XxRichiexRichxX on
  • Dodds
    8429 posts League Winner
    Why is base Butra so expensive, I bought him at 600 and sold at 700 a few weeks back!

I really want him again, but don’t fancy paying how much he is now!