We are aware of some connectivity issues on our games & we are working towards resolving this. Apologies for the inconvenience. Keep in the loop by following this tweet.

Fifa 20 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Scutch
    12926 posts Has That Special Something
    Used base Essien for 2 games so far. He intercepts everything. Having him alongside FB Paulinho and it’s ridiculous.
  • Ghotting
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    how is baby drogba?
  • D0lvl
    2296 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is base Maradona better than mid? The mid is about 200-300k more. Less pace but better shooting.

Im looking to revamp my attack force. I'm keeping Neymar and Messi. Looking to replace cr7/mbappe with maradona or pele or get both base maradona/pele.
  • Finesse_4days
    8723 posts League Winner
    Ghotting wrote: »
    how is baby drogba?

Very good, clinical finisher with tank strength.
  • Roc_Xel
    1003 posts Professional
    Gosh this FB paulino has way better stats than both rttf Allan and mid Petit. Thats a bit crazy imo. Do we still think Petit has the added Icon value which makes him much better still ? Coz he costs 5 times more....
  • Perfect3
    62 posts Park Captain
    D0lvl wrote: »
    Is base Maradona better than mid? The mid is about 200-300k more. Less pace but better shooting.

Im looking to revamp my attack force. I'm keeping Neymar and Messi. Looking to replace cr7/mbappe with maradona or pele or get both base maradona/pele.

Base Maradona was better for me than mid.

Why you replacing cr7?
  • Sanchezzzz
    4326 posts National Call-Up
    Go to buy 86 Vieira for 1.365m and he gets bought (fresh) the guy then proceeds to list him straight away for 1.42m so he’s losing 15k :|
  • Rb10119
    2224 posts Fans' Favourite
    Might just get Drogba bored of Mbappe
  • Scutch
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    Gosh this FB paulino has way better stats than both rttf Allan and mid Petit. Thats a bit crazy imo. Do we still think Petit has the added Icon value which makes him much better still ? Coz he costs 5 times more....

I’ve sold Petit and bought Essien to play alongside Paulinho. Working very well so far. Got 915k for Petit and Essien was only 750k.
  • D0lvl
    2296 posts Fans' Favourite
    Perfect3 wrote: »
    D0lvl wrote: »

Base Maradona was better for me than mid.

Why you replacing cr7?

Boredom. He's great, no doubt but when gameplay is bad, he becomes useless. Opponents just bump into him and he'll lose balance and start stumbling and lose the ball. If headers were back, I'd keep no question.

Mbappe, another one that I'm just bored with also. Once I moved Neymar to ST and Mbappe back on the wings, I was getting better results.

• TheMagicMan
    447 posts Sunday League Hero
    Diggy wrote: »
    Koeman in midfield wow what a player!

Tell me more, been eyeing him up for about a week now. The 88 right? You play him CDM?
  • LFC Simon 98
    18954 posts World Class
    lido12 wrote: »
    Base Cannavaro or base hierro next to Virgil?

same question
    but mid hierro have high composure comepared to base
    or base maldini on 7 chem i dont know

Base Cannavaro is brilliant. Used mine for 100 games (a lot for me) before selling on
  • jenksiee123
    22742 posts Club Captain
    Rb10119 wrote: »
    Might just get Drogba bored of Mbappe

Literally doing the same. The game is as dull as dishwater so may as well use some nostalgic players to try and salvage some fun.
  • Keano
    15155 posts World Class
    Anyone know if 88 Maldini is great at LB? or if he's a good 7 chem cb ?? (currently using Red 81 Chilwell who gets outdone pace wise a lot) & Lindelof in the cb position he would take if a cb).

Wondering if to give him a try this weekend.

Any suggestions/advice appreciated.

If not any other suggestions (I have 500k).
  • LFC Simon 98
    18954 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »
    Anyone know if 88 Maldini is great at LB? or if he's a good 7 chem cb ?? (currently using Red 81 Chilwell who gets outdone pace wise a lot) & Lindelof in the cb position he would take if a cb).

I had him and he was good as a CB on 7 chem but I far preferred Cannavaro when I switched to him
  • Keano
    15155 posts World Class
    edited November 2019

I had him and he was good as a CB on 7 chem but I far preferred Cannavaro when I switched to him

Which Cannavaro? (just wondering if I could afford him). Looking for anyone for either LB or cb really...
  • LFC Simon 98
    18954 posts World Class
    Ingame my team is

Which Cannavaro? (just wondering if I could afford him).

Base. The one with hair. I’m not sure what he is at atm, was usually 500-550k but this is a few weeks back
  • Lackosweat
    6346 posts Big Money Move
    Any 91 Pele reviews ? Him vs 91 Ronaldinho ?
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15896 posts World Class
    Would mid Hagi work as a LW?
  • Wyojasond
    13077 posts Has That Special Something
    Scholes or Gerrard?

Packed red Kane this morning so my all England team is one step closer, and debating if I should add another Icon to the midfield with Gerrard or hold out for Sterling/Barnes 🤔
  • Roc_Xel
    1003 posts Professional
    Scutch wrote: »

I’ve sold Petit and bought Essien to play alongside Paulinho. Working very well so far. Got 915k for Petit and Essien was only 750k.

Would you say Paulino is better than Essien / Petit ? Has definitely more total stats and more in game stats. Which is ridiculous imo but thats the way it is. Gosh I love my mid petit.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23236 posts Club Captain
    Nearly time to splash on Zizou and build around him :)
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner

Would you say Paulino is better than Essien / Petit ? Has definitely more total stats and more in game stats. Which is ridiculous imo but thats the way it is. Gosh I love my mid petit.

I've got Essien and Petit and Paulinho outshines both in game for me Paulinho is the much better player
  • albin231
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Crossland wrote: »

I've got Essien and Petit and Paulinho outshines both in game for me Paulinho is the much better player

Would Pauliho work as a lone CDM in a 41212-2 with gerarrd and if wijnaldum in the midfield? Currently have rttf Allan but thinking about cashing in
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    albin231 wrote: »

Would Pauliho work as a lone CDM in a 41212-2 with gerarrd and if wijnaldum in the midfield? Currently have rttf Allan but thinking about cashing in

Can't see why not mate,he's a fantastic card
  • NornIron
    12474 posts Has That Special Something

Only played about 6 games with him but for me Paulinho is alot better going forward than he is at CDM.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    NornIron wrote: »

Only played about 6 games with him but for me Paulinho is alot better going forward than he is at CDM.

Yea tbf he feels like a card you need to be playing more forward
  • Scutch

I’m not really noticing him mate. And I say that as a positive. When I do take heed for me he’s a little bit clunky, like I think his agility is slightly lower than I’d like. But he’s so far been a very very good card.
  • Reus
    23138 posts Club Captain
    Nearly time to splash on Zizou and build around him :)

Wishing I'd bought him for 3.15 last week tbh
  • Roc_Xel
    1003 posts Professional

Wow thats a big statement but thanks for your imput. Man he s like 20% of their price. He d be free for me given I keep all my players and have 2600. Cant not do him now. The thing is he would replace Allan rttf and depending on the upgrades he ll get its.gonna be a very close.call i guess.