New Patch #7 (Seven) Notes

Comments

• Orison
    53988 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    M98H wrote: »
    I wonder if they just don't know how to fix right stick responsiveness. Still no mention of it.

@Orison they mention right stick for player switching so hopefully it’s fixed with that

For one situation lol.

Nobody is even tackling manually so nobody is player switching immediately after it

What? Nobody tackles manually? I literally have to else my CBs just stand still and let the attacker run straight past them.

If you jockey and run into people your players take away the ball automatically
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    I wonder if they just don't know how to fix right stick responsiveness. Still no mention of it.

@Orison they mention right stick for player switching so hopefully it’s fixed with that

For one situation lol.

Nobody is even tackling manually so nobody is player switching immediately after it

What? Nobody tackles manually? I literally have to else my CBs just stand still and let the attacker run straight past them.

Tried that too. My players legit just run past them if I don’t press tackle 😆😆

Do you just hold down both triggers and run into them or do you have to time a press of a trigger?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32941 posts National Team Captain
    BWild wrote: »
    NornIron wrote: »
    If you can notice a difference in the gameplay when you have delay in any of these patches you deserve a medal.

I know that people really do experience delay, but I also think it's used as a scapegoat for losing by most. I've only had speed up lag a hand full of times in the last few years. Certainly not every game like most people claim.

Speed up lag isn’t the problem. That only lasts a couple seconds, it’s the input delay and one sided delay that is the issue.

I know the difference. What I'm saying is it feels like the same excuses you hear in every game. "I pressed pass!" "I shot him!" Etc. Etc. I'm sure some people experience it, but it's crazy to me that something I never experience is just this widespread crisis amongst every other player.

Do you play on WiFi?
  • BWild
    3702 posts National Call-Up
    If you can notice a difference in the gameplay when you have delay in any of these patches you deserve a medal.

I know that people really do experience delay, but I also think it's used as a scapegoat for losing by most. I've only had speed up lag a hand full of times in the last few years. Certainly not every game like most people claim.

Speed up lag isn’t the problem. That only lasts a couple seconds, it’s the input delay and one sided delay that is the issue.

I know the difference. What I'm saying is it feels like the same excuses you hear in every game. "I pressed pass!" "I shot him!" Etc. Etc. I'm sure some people experience it, but it's crazy to me that something I never experience is just this widespread crisis amongst every other player.

Do you play on WiFi?

Yup lol. I've used a 100ft cable for downloads here and there. But the vast majority of my gaming is on WiFi
  • Orison

For one situation lol.

Tried that too. My players legit just run past them if I don’t press tackle 😆😆

Do you just hold down both triggers and run into them or do you have to time a press of a trigger?

Not holding RT all time should help :trollface:
  • CandyRat
    7816 posts League Winner
    Penalty change was needed
  • Jayzy
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    Looks promising
  • Moiizer
    9248 posts League Winner
    Is this patch just a reversal of the previous patch essentially?
  • CtldChaos
    2205 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2019

I’d consider yourself lucky. You must have a good connection to a server which you play on.

Midwest in the US so not a particularly big difference distance wise if I'm connecting to California. I very well may just be lucky, but I also think there are a lot of people who just have a groupthink and say buzzwords for why they lose.

If a few pros and YouTubers secretly decided to start complaining about a completely random tactic in the game I guarantee people would start having a placebo effect and suddenly get plagued by it too.

Agree GroupThink is a thing. But you have the advantage of being equidistant from the 2 primary server pools (give or take), which means that you will almost always have a worse connection than your opponent in the US. That gives you the advantage. If you live closer to the servers or have a better connection and live in say CA, then we are unlikely to come up against someone with a better connection therefore we see the lag compensation ALL THE TIME. Congrats it is not an issue for you, but do not dismiss the pain of others because you do not experience it yourself.
  • realhokies
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When does this hit the consoles?
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Do you play on WiFi?

Yup lol. I've used a 100ft cable for downloads here and there. But the vast majority of my gaming is on WiFi

Lol. Yeah that’s what I thought. WiFi and living in the Midwest, you’re likely connecting to the Oregon servers...you get the ultimate advantage as far as delay goes.
  • BaseCamp
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    When does this patch come to console?
  • cheeseyrust
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    And still left heading in the state it is , how are we supposed to stop people dopping back to the 6yrd line and overload the defence.
    Because when this happens the cross is the best and only real option , unless your a moron and shoot through an entire defence.
    This game is a joke , its going backwards not forwards and is embarrassing that they claim its the most real we have had it.
  • M98H
    13727 posts Has That Special Something
    BaseCamp wrote: »

Think it’s usually Thursday/Friday
  • tworaf
    409 posts An Exciting Prospect

its always wednesday and always 1 week after pc patch.
  • Orison
    tworaf wrote: »

Gameplay patches were always 2-3 days after PC this year.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited November 2019

This.
  • BWild
    3702 posts National Call-Up
    CtldChaos wrote: »

I’d consider yourself lucky. You must have a good connection to a server which you play on.

Midwest in the US so not a particularly big difference distance wise if I'm connecting to California. I very well may just be lucky, but I also think there are a lot of people who just have a groupthink and say buzzwords for why they lose.

If a few pros and YouTubers secretly decided to start complaining about a completely random tactic in the game I guarantee people would start having a placebo effect and suddenly get plagued by it too.

Agree GroupThink is a thing. But you have the advantage of being equidistant from the 2 primary server pools (give or take), which means that you will almost always have a worse connection than your opponent in the US. That gives you the advantage. If you live closer to the servers or have a better connection and live in say CA, then we are unlikely to come up against someone with a better connection therefore we see the lag compensation ALL THE TIME. Congrats it is not an issue for you, but do not dismiss the pain of others because you do not experience it yourself.

Do you play on WiFi?

Lol. Yeah that’s what I thought. WiFi and living in the Midwest, you’re likely connecting to the Oregon servers...you get the ultimate advantage as far as delay goes.

Again, not dismissing the people who actually do experience it. Just stating I've never had it and believe that there are a large portion of people that look for an excuse for why they lose other than they were worse than who they were playing.
  • Orison
    CtldChaos wrote: »

Do you play on WiFi?

Again, not dismissing the people who actually do experience it. Just stating I've never had it and believe that there are a large portion of people that look for an excuse for why they lose other than they were worse than who they were playing.

Don't worry. People also claim that those who live far away and have a bad connection have an advantage due to lag compensation, but then they claim that Germans who live closer to the servers also have an advantage.

Basically it's an issue that only affects themselves, it affects them in all possible conditions, against every single opponent and that's why they are always unfairly treated and at a disadvantage.
  • tworaf

I told you its next week, guys you are stubborn.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

I mean, all he did was state a fact. All the previous patches this year have 100% come in the same week it dropped for PC.

Don’t be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • M98H
    13727 posts Has That Special Something

Weirdo
  • tworaf

I mean, all he did was state a fact. All the previous patches this year have 100% come in the same week it dropped for PC.

Don’t be a ****

not 100%. 5 first patches ot was the same week. it was only 1 week between patch 5 and patch 6 and sony + ms takes 10 days to certificate an update so we got patch 6 a week after it was released on pc. now the same thing for patch 7