POTM Thiago Silva worth doing or no?

gaz12321
166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Looks a solid card, currently have Marquinhos so wondering if it's worth the upgrade. Would be a green link to Roberto Carlos and playing alongside VVD.

Comments

• Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    You don't think he's a bit too slow for the current state of the game?
  • gaz12321
    That's my concerns but he's acceleration & sprint would be both 78 with a shadow, so might be ok. Don't wanna do the SBC for him to be dreadful!
  • Bobo23
    2162 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2019
    100% worth it, his pace isn't noticeable at all.

Also have him alongside Roberto Carlos and VVD.
  • Batman_Llanber
    1283 posts Professional
    Just did him and he will be partnered next to Militao. Have stuck Anchor on him as well, Hopefully he's worth it :#
  • Safehands84
    4049 posts National Call-Up
    I did him , cost me 30k no brainer, helped with 2 sets of tokens and 90 rated sbc for next set of swaps
  • gaz12321
    Thanks for the comments guys, i've gone for it.

Managed to do it with players in my club and quite a few of those were untradeable anyway so made perfect sense.
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    gaz12321 wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments guys, i've gone for it.

Managed to do it with players in my club and quite a few of those were untradeable anyway so made perfect sense.

Let us know how you get along with him.
  • V l u m s d e n
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m usually one to do sbcs for players but he hasn’t interested me one bit. If you can afford him and happy to do him do it. He’s lacking pace but still one heck of a defender.
  • Same as done and swapped threw Marquinios into the SBC, used him in the Samba Squad and Ligue 1 Swaps - Been solid for me
  • KingOfFifa
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Doesn’t matter mate, doesn’t matter how many new players you bring in, you won’t improve in weekend league
  • MadTopGun2012
    202 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is he better than Pique. Was thinking of swapping....
  • LocalHero
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect

Stats wise no, be interested to see what anyone else says though
  • MadTopGun2012
    202 posts Sunday League Hero
    LocalHero wrote: »

Stats wise no, be interested to see what anyone else says though

Pique has 91 sprint speed that's what is keeping me keep him.
  • Menloh
    317 posts Sunday League Hero
    I used him this WL for all 30 matches together with scream Romagnoli in an AC Milan squad with old/current players.

I use him with Shadow and for me he is very very good. His defensive skills are top notch. Would recommend to partner him with a fast cb with a base pace of 75-80.
  • Wonderfulwest
    5134 posts Big Money Move
    Solid defender tho on a quick break away his not catching anyone. Good as a centre in a 3atb dunno if I’d use him as one half of my centres tho
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    678 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Used his base card for over 100 games as was the first high rated player I packed, traded up when this SBC came along and ive got to say I think the card plays worse than the gold.....maybe its just me but i kept getting to about 60 mins and he couldn't do anything.... (so havn't used him apart from the lig 1 icon challenge).
  • A_Snipe
    2532 posts Fans' Favourite

I use them both and have my right and left back go up field so get out of position often and pique and Thiago have no issues keeping the back defended.
  • oldboiler
    3020 posts National Call-Up
    This is one of those tease SBCs if you ask me....it seems good value but unless you have a real need for a Brazilian or Ligue One CB then I think holding your untradeable 84-87s for perhaps futmas or even buying 3 x 89 players at 25k for future SBCs is coin better spent
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16396 posts World Class
    I got him cost me 30k.
  • Diem
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    oldboiler wrote: »
    This is one of those tease SBCs if you ask me....it seems good value but unless you have a real need for a Brazilian or Ligue One CB then I think holding your untradeable 84-87s for perhaps futmas or even buying 3 x 89 players at 25k for future SBCs is coin better spent

This was my issue. Almost did him before working out that I'd need another 3 players to get him on full chemistry.