Formation/Tactics help

SGLT
6846 posts Big Money Move
Looking for some advice/help on what formations and custom tactics to use

Comments

• SGLT
    Not been hanging around here that much as I’m not playing as much this year, just playing wl.

Mainly trying to find out how you get your players to press constantly
  • Danic123
    3793 posts National Call-Up
    Pressing constantly isn’t the way to go if you want to consistently win.

I’m dabbling myself atm with press on heavy touch & 7 depth and the players who leave 3 men forwards & counter quickly are difficult to defend against.

The tactic I explained there works very well against the AI on SB, but online it’s a totally different experience.
  • SGLT
    Cheers, it just seems everyone I play is constantly pressing from the first min and I can’t get a second on the ball.
    But when I try changing my tactics about nothing seems to work and it just feels like my team is constantly the same.
  • Danic123
    SGLT wrote: »
    Cheers, it just seems everyone I play is constantly pressing from the first min and I can’t get a second on the ball.
    But when I try changing my tactics about nothing seems to work and it just feels like my team is constantly the same.

I’ve just been tinkering tonight & have settled on Balanced, Width 5 & Depth 1. Means my team is still engaging the opponent but isn’t leaving gaps.
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    Hey sg

Long time no speak buddy
  • SGLT
    DoD_Jester wrote: »
    Hey sg

Long time no speak buddy

Alrite mate hows things, you back playing this year ?
  • SGLT
    Danic123 wrote: »

I’ve just been tinkering tonight & have settled on Balanced, Width 5 & Depth 1. Means my team is still engaging the opponent but isn’t leaving gaps.

Cheers, I’ll keep just tweaking my tactics until it feels a bit better
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year
    Hey sg

Long time no speak buddy

Not so much last couple weeks, work got hectic all of a sudden and keeps me occupied most hours of the day(and night)

I'm all good though, how you doing? Still spending insane amounts on fp? :wink:
  • freakjas
    12799 posts Has That Special Something
    I‘m kinda playing some „yolo“ fifa rn and it‘s pretty fun tbh. It‘s not the most effective one cause the casual wl sweat is playing drop back and only tries to score through counter attacks but i‘ve had a lot of fun attacking.
    3412 with one of the cm‘s on go forward and the other one on balanced.
    Feel like fullbacks aren‘t as important cause people don‘t use wingers anyway and everyone has these wide cam‘s so the three cb‘s are actually decent for me.
  • Finesse_4days
    16766 posts World Class

1 dEPTH :#
    players will just chill inside their 6 yard box lol
  • Finesse_4days
    16766 posts World Class
    41212 narrow or 433 (4) with 4 depth and 6 width for 41212 and 5 width for 433 is what has been good for me recently.
  • Wonderfulwest
    5215 posts Big Money Move
    I was killing people before the recent patch now I can’t seem to break down people nor do I seem to be able to finish near post power shots anymore
  • Danic123 wrote: »

has to be done if you're gonna play on balanced
  • Finesse_4days
    16766 posts World Class

really lol? I play 4 depth and although I'm not great defensively , if I put it on 1 depth I would concede more due to my players sitting so deep and would hate having to resort to being such a scrub.
  • Audiophiliac
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park

Which solution will really help in this matter, having the same experiences.....
  • IDARYL
    5778 posts Big Money Move

I play on 4 and it seems to deep, put it on 5 and I'm getting through balled left right and centre.. Custom tatics was so much better when it was numbers
  • Danic123

really lol? I play 4 depth and although I'm not great defensively , if I put it on 1 depth I would concede more due to my players sitting so deep and would hate having to resort to being such a scrub.

I play 7 on attack with fast build up & I found that I got hammered on the counter with 3 (on defensive) and above unless I played drop back, but that doesn’t press the opposition which I don’t like.

It doesn’t make sense how it works tbh, but for me it’s spot on.
  • SGLT
    Hey sg

Long time no speak buddy

Not so much last couple weeks, work got hectic all of a sudden and keeps me occupied most hours of the day(and night)

I'm all good though, how you doing? Still spending insane amounts on fp? :wink:

Yeah good cheers, been working a lot of ot at work recently so that’s why I’m just really playing at the wkd. And yeah, I bought some at the start to get me going, I’m trying to not go untradeable this year and buy a team so I’ve still got coins and don’t need to keep adding FP lol
  • Danic123

Which solution will really help in this matter, having the same experiences.....

It takes getting used too, but learn to turn away from the player your opponent is controlling. Don’t worry so much about every other player pressing as they won’t tackle you unless you run into them.

I personally like to pass the ball about, but I also found that having the option to quickly counter your opponent prevents them pressing like crazy. Just use your full backs to play some RB&Y through balls into open space for your wingers, this will quickly turn your opponent inside out & they’ll change tactic.