The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Ter Stegen NEEDS TO BE STOPPED

Blundell
19 posts Park Captain
...as does every other keeper in the game - i’m absolutely sick of facing him and having everything saved. EA need to start putting gameplay at the benefit of the attacker and NOT the keeper. It doesn’t matter how clean you strike the ball or how ridiculous a long shot you take, it either hits the bar or the keeper pulls off a acrobatic save. Don’t even get me started on keeper rush too, and yes i know you can ball roll past them - but it shouldn’t take this level of intelligence to put the ball past him!

This needs fixing.

Comments

• barryw
    1558 posts Fans' Favourite
    Had him twice. Nothing special. Burki is best gk i have faced
  • liamano123
    354 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Blundell wrote: »
    ...as does every other keeper in the game - i’m absolutely sick of facing him and having everything saved. EA need to start putting gameplay at the benefit of the attacker and NOT the keeper. It doesn’t matter how clean you strike the ball or how ridiculous a long shot you take, it either hits the bar or the keeper pulls off a acrobatic save. Don’t even get me started on keeper rush too, and yes i know you can ball roll past them - but it shouldn’t take this level of intelligence to put the ball past him!

This needs fixing.

As much as I agree this is not the most pressing matter atm
  • AjaxLegends
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    Oblak even worse (or better if you have him).
  • Oblak even worse (or better if you have him).

Oblak has been harder to play against than Ter Stegan tbh
  • malso
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park

Agreed

I had Tee Stegen but wasn't that impressed so sold him and bought Oblak and found him a lot better.
  • SuperJames9005
    1720 posts Play-Off Hero
    You need practicing your finishing. That’s all I wanna say.
  • RexAnglo1066
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes, let's remove goalkeepers altogether...it's the only way to fix this.
  • OZero
    6260 posts Big Money Move
    That’s why he is rated 90...
  • AjaxLegends
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    malso wrote: »

Agreed

I had Tee Stegen but wasn't that impressed so sold him and bought Oblak and found him a lot better.

@Ferrari_LFC10

Guys I’m so glad he flies under the radar still. Hate facing him. To be honest he is the best GK in the world at the moment but the saves he makes when I’m 6 metres in front of goal with Neymar are just ridiculous.
  • MadTopGun2012
    202 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ter Stegen is OP as anything. I literraly have to round the keeper every time to score against him. It's the only way
  • MHoney1234
    9999 posts Has That Special Something
    Learn how to finesse or shoot near post. He doesn’t save any of those
  • Libguy
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    He made some saves tonight vs. me in mystery ball when I had the shooting boost on. I was like

FE8-AF6-DF-9453-4-B75-A649-2-ECA5-F305-E49.gif
  • Rayize
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bizarre thing is shooting just as you get into the penalty area is more effective than actually going to the edge of the six yard box, very strange shooting mechanics but yea as others have said the near post shot is the most consistent, even though if a real keeper kept letting those past him he'd be out! But heyyy nvm.
  • d3b4s1s
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Weird how good shooting angle positions and they’re saved while ridiculous stupid near post and random bangers go in.
  • Ludinator19
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Oblak is the best keeper on the game.
  • Klerk87
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    barryw wrote: »
    Had him twice. Nothing special. Burki is best gk i have faced

i have had Burki for about 150 games now, he has only let me down once, deflected shot that he could have easily saved with his hands but he chipped it in to his own goal, very strange.

otherwise I hear people complain about the goalie being to strong or their own goalie being to weak.

if you now how to score and aim right, you'll score, as IRL.
    if you defend like crap and let the opp take 20 shots, he'll score 10, as IRL, nothing to do with how good your goalie is...

• MxMLover
    190 posts Sunday League Hero
    Try mine. Saves nothing
  • Pooter
    4227 posts National Call-Up
    Oblak is the best keeper on the game.

Apart from when I come up against so called elites
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’d rather good goalkeepers than each game finishing 10-9 with 86% of all goals being tap ins
  • gaz12321
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rayize wrote: »
    Bizarre thing is shooting just as you get into the penalty area is more effective than actually going to the edge of the six yard box, very strange shooting mechanics but yea as others have said the near post shot is the most consistent, even though if a real keeper kept letting those past him he'd be out! But heyyy nvm.

Not really bizarre. The closer you get to the keeper the more of the goal he blocks, why do you think keepers are constantly told to 'narrow their angles'?
  • cheeseyrust
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    I love it when you get that very special type of moron who puts the phrase (you need to time it better) most dont use timed finishing and have assisted.
    With assisted you only need to direct and power up and the CPU dose the rest.
    Fact is this type of thing has been happening from the first update , the best bit is having someone like Suarez who will miss a tap in with his attacking stats.
  • Moe_86
    1202 posts Professional
    malso wrote: »

Agreed

@Ferrari_LFC10

Guys I’m so glad he flies under the radar still. Hate facing him. To be honest he is the best GK in the world at the moment but the saves he makes when I’m 6 metres in front of goal with Neymar are just ridiculous.

Best goalkeepers in the world? am I reading this?