The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Why is online so toxic?

tommyboyo
1117 posts Professional
Honestly, I just want to play a fun (within current parameters), respectful game.

Don't really care if I win or lose, just wish I could get some games without the bs.

I am not a particularly good player and don't claim to be. I play a lot of game each week though and always do the weekend league. Never better than G2 and usually just G3.

That's fine with me, I know my limitations.

But I always skip through every cut scene, never celebrate or watch a replay. Try and get things moving and play in a decent way. Kick it back if the keeper kicks it straight to me on goal kicks etc (not saying that should be done, just what I do as i hate it when it happens to me and I concede).

Why do people take the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ so much though.

Examples...

Never skip through the intro straight to kick off, but let all the animations play out, then wait another 30 secs to kick off.

Don't skip through halftime walk off animations and then wait full 30 seconds for restart.

Random pauses during match and then wait for full 30 seconds for restart.

Pause immediately after and then wait for full 30 seconds for restart should i dare to pause myself and make a couple of quick subs (which i rarely do anyway).

Letting random throw-in/goal kick/corner kick cutscenes in full and watching random replays of missed shots.

And that is before full celebrations for every goal, watch all the replays and the run back to halfway (if you really, really have to celebrate an online goal and watch it back again, then fair enough, it's not the worst offender, although still a bit of a time waste).

Why do some insist on making the game so miserable and time consuming for others.

Is it really just because winning a match on a football video game is so very important to some people that these tactics (mind-games?) are all fair game, or something else!

Cheers :)

Comments

• 6Khedira6
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sometimes when I'm winning I pause it 3 times at the end of 90 minutes for fun and take it to the corner flag for a throw in and not skip the animations
  • tommyboyo
    1117 posts Professional
    6Khedira6 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm winning I pause it 3 times at the end of 90 minutes for fun and take it to the corner flag for a throw in and not skip the animations

Well done
  • 6Khedira6
    tommyboyo wrote: »

Well done

But I also give weekend league wins away if I'm feeling nice :) I only pause it if the guy is annoying and has lucas moura etc
  • alvchong
    1183 posts Professional
    I am silver 1 or gold 3, depend on my mood to try hard or not. When I reached silver 1 I normally play for fun for the remaining matches and see if someone trying or struggle and let them win. Yesterday I came across a player who I hit the posts by 4 times so I know the DDA kick in and played casual and let he won by 3-1 and still he shuss..In front of camera and mesg me of how terrible I am in game. This forum has well documented this kinda toxic player. No worry.
  • tommyboyo
    1117 posts Professional

Well done

But I also give weekend league wins away if I'm feeling nice :) I only pause it if the guy is annoying and has lucas moura etc

I also give WL wins away if I have games left and can't achieve my next rank. No one has ever done it back though!!
  • tommyboyo
    1117 posts Professional
    alvchong wrote: »
    I am silver 1 or gold 3, depend on my mood to try hard or not. When I reached silver 1 I normally play for fun for the remaining matches and see if someone trying or struggle and let them win. Yesterday I came across a player who I hit the posts by 4 times so I know the DDA kick in and played casual and let he won by 3-1 and still he shuss..In front of camera and mesg me of how terrible I am in game. This forum has well documented this kinda toxic player. No worry.

I have all my settings set to private these days.

No way am I putting up with verbal abuse because of a computer game!
  • 6Khedira6

Well done

I also give WL wins away if I have games left and can't achieve my next rank. No one has ever done it back though!!

It'll happen I think probably more likely on a Sunday as the weekend comes to an end
  • Pooter
    4233 posts National Call-Up
    Its because of all these objectives that EA put on Rivals. No, I don't think it should be in Friendlies, I think it should be put in Squad Battles, but set to at least World Class and some swap player sbc, not talking about Prime Icon SBC, they were too expensive for average players
  • liamano123
    354 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The community are powerful. They can be toxic and ruin everything or they can come together and make a change. Shame it’s always the first.
  • Bayaeraking408
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s just a game 😂 but that is irritating lol
  • I think most people are on their phones when they let the pause run down etc....which is just as frustrating
  • alvchong
    1183 posts Professional
    Well, yesterday I started Jedi fallen order, what a way to get away from Fifa 20 toxic competition. Ironically a EA game that doesn't have micro transactions. Very enjoyable.
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Because EA wants you to win so many games people do anything to try and make other quit. Rewards and objectives based on wins have no place in a game that is supposed to be fun.
  • liamano123 wrote: »
    The community are powerful. They can be toxic and ruin everything or they can come together and make a change. Shame it’s always the first.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • lippyone
    2080 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sadly it just shows how toxic people are in general when given anonymity and the internet to hide behind. Part of the reason I generally prefer animals over people
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    lippyone wrote: »
    Sadly it just shows how toxic people are in general when given anonymity and the internet to hide behind. Part of the reason I generally prefer animals over people

Oh my the mind really jumps to conclusions 🤣
  • kraid
    4031 posts National Call-Up
    Toxicity is rife in Fifa because ultimately we are all playing a game we don’t enjoy, so we are only interested in winning. We not having fun, we’re not enjoying ourselves. Our opponent is actively trying to stop us from winning and a game we don’t win, which also isn’t fun, is a huge waste of time.

If I could lose a game of Fifa, but have fun doing it, I’m sure I wouldn’t get so annoyed at the terrible things that happen in game.
  • Ajim2078
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Honestly, I just want to play a fun (within current parameters), respectful game.

Don't really care if I win or lose, just wish I could get some games without the bs.

I am not a particularly good player and don't claim to be. I play a lot of game each week though and always do the weekend league. Never better than G2 and usually just G3.

That's fine with me, I know my limitations.

But I always skip through every cut scene, never celebrate or watch a replay. Try and get things moving and play in a decent way. Kick it back if the keeper kicks it straight to me on goal kicks etc (not saying that should be done, just what I do as i hate it when it happens to me and I concede).

Why do people take the **** so much though.

Examples...

Never skip through the intro straight to kick off, but let all the animations play out, then wait another 30 secs to kick off.

Don't skip through halftime walk off animations and then wait full 30 seconds for restart.

Random pauses during match and then wait for full 30 seconds for restart.

Pause immediately after and then wait for full 30 seconds for restart should i dare to pause myself and make a couple of quick subs (which i rarely do anyway).

Letting random throw-in/goal kick/corner kick cutscenes in full and watching random replays of missed shots.

And that is before full celebrations for every goal, watch all the replays and the run back to halfway (if you really, really have to celebrate an online goal and watch it back again, then fair enough, it's not the worst offender, although still a bit of a time waste).

Why do some insist on making the game so miserable and time consuming for others.

Is it really just because winning a match on a football video game is so very important to some people that these tactics (mind-games?) are all fair game, or something else!

Cheers :)

Yeah it’s very annoying but offline game is the most annoying that time limit needs to cut down it’s one of the most boringest part of Fifa ut
  • vjake
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mostly because people are annoyed having to play with delay input lag. It's stressful so they're toxic af so you quit the match. I just skip it because I cba with all the delay, rather get the game out the way
  • mway
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2019
    They try anything to win. I´ve just faced a freak that scored from 2 rebounds in the first minute. He shhhhhhhhh and celebrated running to the camera. Then he watched the complete sequence ( replay and cinematics ) He tries to drive you mad and make you quit. In the end, he lost 3-1 and quit. Poor soul.
  • FIfaKent
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The one thing EA do ridiculously consistently and at a high level is providing people with an avenue to be absolute helmets. % wise, how many people do you think would:

- Complain if replays were removed/shortened? 10%?
    - Fix servers?
    - Allow the "better" player to win without the AI assisting the "worse" player?

Everything is by design to create a space players are addicted but at the same time making sure no one feels like the have "won". Resulting in arguably the most toxic community in any video game I can think of.
  • AjaxLegends
    3157 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2019
    I do the same OP buy I don’t rage anymore when someone doesn’t play nice, I know most do it because they are frustrated with the game or are adolescents who want to get the best rewards or the highest rank/division to brag about at school. Had so many games where I score first and skip to have the other guy shussh me after he scores. It’s fine, probably means a lot more to him. Then when I score I skip again so they can see it doesn’t affect me and how ridiculous they’re being.

Also had to turn my account to private so I don’t get angry messages anymore. Always replied friendly to it, loss or win, but people don’t change their ways and keep insisting they slept with my mom. Pretty sure she is happily married to my dad still.
  • kathers81
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    Came across a toxic player on Saturday and he was really excellent.
    Sent him a message saying he is a really good Fifa player and hope he does well in Weekend League but there is no reason to behave as he did.
    Expected an abusive response, instead the guy apologized and said he would not be toxic again.

• Wurrsmycash
    492 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Been said already, but I'd imagine the majority of these players the OP has described are the <20 year olds cohort, on their phones and passively playing FIFA in between, actively trying to cause rage quits and spread the toxicity.

Anyone above 25 with Family/Job/Friends etc doesn't have time for all that nonsense and is looking to try and squeeze a couple of WL games in.
  • BadSeedsFC
    951 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2019
    I think the big percentage of that toxic community are kids and adolescents. Kids are being kids and adolescents, well, that's a difficult stage of human life. The hormones, the frustration, the physical changes. Also, there are three phases in the adolescents life: the early adolescence (around 12 to 14) the middle adolescence (around 14 to 16) and the late adolescence (around 16 to 18). Those numbers are not written in stone, so they can change and extend even to the 20's on some cases. This game can be a cumulative box of frustrations to those teenagers, who's life's are already dealing with daily frustrations on their minds. If we connect that to the dark gambling aspect of the game we should have enough proof on why, at least FUT, should be a mode for 21+ players. But we all know that EA is not willing to do that.
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional

Well done

I am so toxic, never give away a win. I hate losing, even when it's a friendly. It's me.. mr Toxic!

Btw, I always skip the animations, replays etc. but I hate losing.
  • DIXON THFC
    3128 posts National Call-Up
    alvchong wrote: »

I have all my settings set to private these days.

No way am I putting up with verbal abuse because of a computer game!

Yep, blocked messages from 19 onward, best thing I ever did.

People these days are always just out to be grim to each other, I want no part in this new generations ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Personally, I find the cut scenes invaluable...... during my last rivals defeat I managed to plane down a door frame, build an Airfix 1:48 scale Supermarine Spitfire, oh,... and I also knitted a jumper.
  • Malg
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm sure at the start of fifa 19 you could skip the goals scored, thought that was a great idea, then the brought it back in. The game is toxic it's all about winning not playing. Just get rid of all the goal celebrations etc and goals, just go straight back to playing the game.
  • Yendinho_11
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s in the game so why not use it? I use those tactics all the time, nothing better knowing people are on the other side getting raging haha