Your Icon Swaps 2 journey

RayS
27209 posts Player of the Year
edited November 13
Figured we could share a place to commiserate over the grind of the swaps and then rejoice at the final victory of our goal!

Feel free to just copy paste my first post below with the objectives. Update your post as you make progress! Be sure to post when you've reached your Icon goal (bonus points for a nice little screen shot) :)

Tips for offline play:
-Have a super low rated squad active when you refresh your squads and it will be more likely to give you low rated squads to play
-If you don't care about points, you can just refresh squads as much as u want (even beyond the normal 9 refreshes) and pick off the easy squads.
-apparently you can refresh squads even without playing any if you back in and out of SB or FUT

Thanks to @Futfanatic @WarrenBarton @Götze#19 for some of these tips

Comments

• RayS
    edited November 13
    Icon Swaps Single Player
    Liga NOS: x/6
    Liga BBVA MX: x/6
    EFL Championship: x/5
    Süper Lig: x/6

Icon Swaps Online
    European Cup: x/5
    Premier League: x/4
    Ligue 1: x/4
    Serie A: x/4
    La Liga: x/4
    Bundesliga: x/4
    One Club Wonders: x/4
    Samba Squad: x/5
  • RageRambler
    922 posts Professional
    I have done 2 SB so far. Gonna do the other two before I begin the final 3 online swaps. PL, LA Liga, and French Lg...This will be fun. I'm already skipping this week's WL just to do these....
  • lastfifa
    1918 posts Play-Off Hero
    Took Carlos with first 11.

Now going for Nesta.

Done 6 online with major leagues and 11 first owners.

efl 4/5
    Liga nos 2/6
    Superlig 0/6

Will finish those tomorrow.
  • holdenwait
    58155 posts National Treasure
    8 squad battles and 2 rivals wins with my bundes team away from Stevie G o:)
  • TurdFerguson
    2479 posts Fans' Favourite
    Done EFL and have one or two games left on the other offlines, online should be a pain but I only need 3
  • DistinctDwayne
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Led to me deleting the game.

I was running the team below as my primary. Swapped in a few 1st owner Brazilians (subbed in my usual players and only had a RB and Vinicius that I wasn't used to playing with) to complete 2 parts at the same time. Ended up playing a bunch of drop back, no space chumps. Long through balls down the wings to the paciest players (I refuse to play drop back and have my fbs as get forward overlap in a 41212 narrow).

Decided even if I went to my normal team and didn't bother with swaps.,that my opponents would and I'd experience the usual bs still.

Screenshot-20191113-162358-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg
  • RayS
    RayS wrote: »
    Icon Swaps Single Player
    Liga NOS: 1/6

Icon Swaps Online

Mine ^

A long way to go, but I'm only doing the offline ones for R Carlos
  • MoeilijkeMan
    1088 posts Professional
    Grabbed me a Zanetti and really can’t be bothered grinding to get Schmeichel too. Might change my mind but for now I’m good.
  • RayS

I was running the team below as my primary. Swapped in a few 1st owner Brazilians (subbed in my usual players and only had a RB and Vinicius that I wasn't used to playing with) to complete 2 parts at the same time. Ended up playing a bunch of drop back, no space chumps. Long through balls down the wings to the paciest players (I refuse to play drop back and have my fbs as get forward overlap in a 41212 narrow).

Decided even if I went to my normal team and didn't bother with swaps.,that my opponents would and I'd experience the usual bs still.

U deleted the game?? I like the team name tho :)
  • Nazgul
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    Starting tonight but with the offline objectives, I think I’ll wait until the weekend for the online ones
  • DistinctDwayne
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect

U deleted the game?? I like the team name tho :)

Haha thanks mate. Yeah it was vexing. I couldn't have fun anymore. The game appeared to be more about winning for a the majority than it was playing football. I stick to my principles of playing football and not ball rolling or drag backing 50x a game, it limits your winning ability....
  • Gnomenclature
    4036 posts National Call-Up
    Icon Swaps Single Player
    Liga NOS: x/6

Icon Swaps Online
    Premier League: 4/4
    Ligue 1: 4/4
    Serie A: 4/4
    La Liga: 1/4
    Bundesliga: 4/4
    One Club Wonders: 4/4

My la liga squad is so bad... 1 win in 7 games. Ligue 1 was a breeze with that 83 potm though (dude is clinical).

Hoping to not have to play squad battles... only need 8 swaps for pep. Already have carlos (he's amazing).
  • EisenErmin
    6722 posts Big Money Move
    I have all 12 from the first badge and only the squad battles and la liga to complete. But my la liga squad is insane, so it should not take to long :smile:
  • Oweyman
    1073 posts Professional
    Did 4 of the new ones Monday night and the last 2 I needed last night. Opened my Base Icon Pack and got Garrincha so very very happy that I took the risk!
  • ItsOnlyAli
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Done all 12 from first set now completed 7 from this set and took butra 😋
  • WarrenBarton
    8395 posts League Winner
    Done 2 of the prem, all the Brazil and finished the 11 first owner team one
  • greif44
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Icon Swaps Online

European Cup: 0/5
    Premier League: 0/4
    Ligue 1: 0/4
    Serie A: 4/4
    La Liga: 1/4
    Bundesliga: 4/4
    One Club Wonders: 1/4
    Samba Squad: 0/5

I have 12 tokens from first set, will complete La Liga + 11 first owner at the same time, there will be just one more to go and I`ll take Zanetti, grind is over for me then.
  • SStubbs88
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Done 11 of first so doing 4 online and the 4 offlines for butra.

Best way ive found for doing the 7 first owners objectives is, because i play 4-2-3-1, have the keeper, all defence and 2 cdms the first owners from the league I’m doing then just use my normal teams attack.

Need 2 more ligue 1 wins then think i’ll do la liga. Already done prem and seria A. Getting online out of the way before offline which i can take my time with.
  • kingDrogbaaaa
    1192 posts Professional
    Hell
  • TheTormentor07
    1241 posts Professional
    Have 11 atm 9 from set 1 and 2 from this lot, no idea who to get, thought about Nesta/Zanetti, but keep looking at Wrighty for purely nostalgic reasons loved to watch him play, but just not sure, there also Butragueno can't decide, makes my brain hurt a little, lol.
  • Grabbed me a Zanetti and really can’t be bothered grinding to get Schmeichel too. Might change my mind but for now I’m good.

Did the same. Get 5 and get out. Does Zanetti's picture appear on the app for you? My card just has a grey profile.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5781 posts Big Money Move
    I have 12 from the first batch and completed 5 of the online obj from second batch.
    2 more and Butra will be mine!
  • Seandimes
    2478 posts Fans' Favourite
    got my 10 tokens for Rio, not gonna touch squad battles any time soon anymore...
  • FutsalBros0710
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    did brazilians, wonder and ligue 1 at same time (+one match for brazilians) and im 3/4 with bundesliga.
  • oldboiler
    2112 posts Fans' Favourite
    + 12 carried over
    Completed the offline SB ones +4
    Complete EPL and One club wonders + 2

+1 needed for mid Gerrard then the grind is done...

Will still probably complete the other 5 but on a casual basis. Pretty sure at some point they’ll be an SBC to dump redundant icon swap cards into
  • RayS
    Icon Swaps Single Player
    Liga NOS: 1/6
    EFL Championship: 1/5

Icon Swaps Online

Only added one more bc I could only play a few games and I played a couple mystery ball first for the UCL objective
  • Durrani13
    1304 posts Professional
    ItsOnlyAli wrote: »
    Done all 12 from first set now completed 7 from this set and took butra 😋

How is he mate? I'm torn between him and Gerrard.
  • FubarRipper
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i have done three online (epl, seria A and bundes), now working on squad battles to get the remaining 4 for Gerrard. With the time I have probably will finish these in the coming week.
  • d3b4s1s
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    I could do 11 last time, just needed 5 for Rio.

Did prem(+first owned) and bundes on DR and nos/bbva on SB and done! SB was somehow much harder this time, bad delay and lag.

Loving Rio, I'm not a great defender and he makes me relax about my backline. Also I liked him personally, so the choice and the grind was not too bad.
  • BlackFridayRule
    849 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 14
    -Have a super low rated squad active when you refresh your squads and it will be more likely to give you low rated squads to play

This! Been doing it for years. Also, the more people that have bronze squads, the better. You play other peoples squads in SB.
    Also make your bronze team low chem with striker in goal and so on.

Also, im 6 tokens off, need 20 for hagi. Should have him by next week.