The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• tilen11
    5755 posts Big Money Move
    Premier League referees are set to use the pitch side TV monitors from after the next international break.

It was envisaged that would happen from the point VAR came into use in the Premier League but Mike Riley advised referees not to use them in order to prevent additional delays. However, this is now being changed after a number of lengthy VAR decisions in recent weeks.

Clubs are also set to meet Mr Riley this week where their concerns about the use of VAR will be raised. The biggest issue being goals chalked off for the narrowest of offsides.
  • Gervonta
    4111 posts National Call-Up
    Tbf soon the way it’s going you won’t even have refs on the pitch you’ll have the VAR room officiating the match and no lines men again you’ll just have someone in VAR flagging whenever it’s offside.
  • Kellnerr
    3097 posts National Call-Up
    People complaining about VAR decisions going our ways seem to have already forgotten what has happened at Old Trafford :joy:
  • Pietu
    5333 posts Big Money Move
    1 huge game down, 1 to go.

On friday Finland play Liechtenstein at home and have a chance to qualify for the Euros for the first time ever! Really should win that game as everything is going right for us, a big step ahead for us as a footballing country!
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    People complaining about VAR decisions going our ways seem to have already forgotten what has happened at Old Trafford :joy:

Yep. Origi foul was one, and then Mane's goal was another. If VAR was actually biased for us, why didn't both of those go our way? :D

Same story for Villa away.
  • SDoofus
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Premier League referees are set to use the pitch side TV monitors from after the next international break.

It was envisaged that would happen from the point VAR came into use in the Premier League but Mike Riley advised referees not to use them in order to prevent additional delays. However, this is now being changed after a number of lengthy VAR decisions in recent weeks.

Clubs are also set to meet Mr Riley this week where their concerns about the use of VAR will be raised. The biggest issue being goals chalked off for the narrowest of offsides.

I feel like maybe it would be a good idea to change the offside rule so that to be offside, there has to be daylight between you and the last man. None of this big toe, or armpit being offside nonsense.
  • tilen11

Idk why people are complaining about VAR decisions. Yesterday everything was by the book. Ppl who complain should go through the rules.
  • Kellnerr
    3097 posts National Call-Up
    SDoofus wrote: »

Yep. Origi foul was one, and then Mane's goal was another. If VAR was actually biased for us, why didn't both of those go our way? :D

Tbf, Mane's goal was disallowed correctly. However, if anything VAR was against us.

Foul on Origi - wrong decision
    Mane's goal disallowed - correct
    Firmino's goal disallowed - tricky one but I'm biased and say it was wrong
    Fabinho's goal - definitely correct decision since we learned how the rules are yesterday
    Salah's goal - clearly onside, not even worth talking about

There shouldn't be any incorrect decisions, we've had 2 against us already.
  • arsenalap
    7054 posts Big Money Move

I feel like maybe it would be a good idea to change the offside rule so that to be offside, there has to be daylight between you and the last man. None of this big toe, or armpit being offside nonsense.

I always thought it was defined by gaining an advantage by being in an offside position.

If you're a toe offside but you get to the ball by a metre or two compared to the defender than that toe hasn't gained you an advantage really.

But it's a grey area
  • Flapjack
    7059 posts Big Money Move
    Think this should clear stuff up about the TAA handball
    CD149-E28-1861-47-F4-8-C00-94-FF1-F8216-DD.jpg

Also this;
  • SDoofus

Tbf, Mane's goal was disallowed correctly. However, if anything VAR was against us.

Fabinho's goal - definitely correct decision since we learned how the rules are yesterday

Yeah, that's what I mean. Mane's goal was correctly ruled out, but what I am saying is, if VAR was biased for us, why didn't they incorrectly award us the goal, like they "incorrectly" awarded Fabinho's goal against City?

In other words, saying VAR favour Liverpool is paranoid nonsense. We've been through our fair share of incorrect calls.
  • tilen11
    edited November 2019

Yeah, that's what I mean. Mane's goal was correctly ruled out, but what I am saying is, if VAR was biased for us, why didn't they incorrectly award us the goal, like they "incorrectly" awarded Fabinho's goal against City?

In other words, saying VAR favour Liverpool is paranoid nonsense. We've been through our fair share of incorrect calls.

Everyone: "VAR helps only Liverpool"... Proceed to put on their tinfoil hats.
  • SDoofus

Doesn't turn up for big games, though.
  • tilen11

We all know who is coming in a few moments
  • SDoofus

We all know who is coming in a few moments

Doesn't have a leg to stand on.
  • Ahmer50x
    21440 posts Club Captain

What the actual ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • SDoofus
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Seems like an odd comparison. Hasn't DS played very few games compared to the others?
  • Wyojasond
    13007 posts Has That Special Something

😎😎😎 I’m still watching the replays of that second goal yesterday. Just a regular day for those two 🙌
  • SDoofus

😎😎😎 I’m still watching the replays of that second goal yesterday. Just a regular day for those two 🙌

Both those balls count as "hoofing it up the pitch" according to @Retro_G
  • SDoofus
    So far this season, they have 9 assists and 2 goals in the PL, combined.

Pretty crazy for fullbacks.
  • Wyojasond
    13007 posts Has That Special Something
    I think it needs to be said too that Henderson and Lovren played a great game yesterday. They both catch a lot of grief (from me especially) but they showed up yesterday. Still think we have better options than both but glad they are here 👍
  • SDoofus
    I think it needs to be said too that Henderson and Lovren played a great game yesterday. They both catch a lot of grief (from me especially) but they showed up yesterday. Still think we have better options than both but glad they are here 👍

Agreed, both brilliant yesterday. Our entire starting team was phenomenal, bar maybe Firmino, who was a little under par.
  • tilen11

Agreed, both brilliant yesterday. Our entire starting team was phenomenal, bar maybe Firmino, who was a little under par.

Was under par yeah.. Still dribbled past everyone in the midfield like a boss.
  • SDoofus
    EJGEZH4WkAE8Uov?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

But I was told that TAA was the weak link and gets bullied? Sterling, a world class winger, did nothing against him.
  • tilen11
    Sterling got on my nerves yesterday. Acted like a little bish the entire game
  • SDoofus
    Sterling got on my nerves yesterday. Acted like a little bish the entire game

Yep. Crying about everything and starting on half of our team. Little man syndrome.